April 2021 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

My unconvoluted search for Atlantis has yielded no results. But I've noticed that there is really a disproportionate amount of ley lines in Russia compared to other places
Spoiler :
upload_2021-4-22_21-17-20.png
upload_2021-4-22_21-17-35.png
upload_2021-4-22_21-17-45.png
upload_2021-4-22_21-17-58.png
upload_2021-4-22_21-18-8.png

Curious.

My unconvoluted search for Atlantis has yielded no results. But I've noticed that there is really a disproportionate amount of ley lines in Russia compared to other places
Curious.
Well, it is Siberia. Weird things are bound to be there. Also, those two Ley Lines adjacent to Ubsunur Hollow look like prime places to place Holy Sites and Preserves next to.

Poland is known for many things, but pastures ain't one of them. :p It would fit neither historically nor thematically.

The best change is to give them the "Khmer Suicide Missionary Squad" Ability, but make it so that Polish Missionaries can attack other Units. In my opinion, at least.

Sorry, I should've clarified; I would like Poland to have some benefits to horses, like they did with the Ducal Stable back in Civ V. I think some horse-bonus would be appropriate to Poland, but I'd imagine it being carried over into something more like a general 'production bonus per pasture' idea. I don't know, it was just something I've been fooling around with in my head :)

Sorry, I should've clarified; I would like Poland to have some benefits to horses, like they did with the Ducal Stable back in Civ V. I think some horse-bonus would be appropriate to Poland, but I'd imagine it being carried over into something more like a general 'production bonus per pasture' idea. I don't know, it was just something I've been fooling around with in my head :)

Perhaps something akin to +1 Horse per turn for each Horse Pasture, like England's bonus to Iron and Coal.

I know that, I just didn't see anyone talking about how the Mountie is now cheaper by around 33%.
It was announced last week so old news, especially when there is so much new to discuss.

I wonder if there is an actual set of conditions that may allow Atlantis to spawn, or if it was just a joke. Maybe moves with the cursor on the islands that they did at the end of the livestream were a clue?

They claimed that it would be 2/3rds of civs balanced which translates to 33 civs, but I'm only counting 27 in the patch notes. Am I somehow missing 6 civs somewhere, or?

Trebuchet: Medieval Era Catapult upgrade. Unlocked with Military Engineering. Siege promotion class. Upgrades into Bombard. Cannot move and attack on the same turn unless they’ve earned the Expert Crew Promotion.

I recall someone said, from the April update video, that the eureka of Siege Tactics are now building two Trebuchet instead of building two Bombard. But it's not mentioned in the patch note. Can someone confirm?

I recall someone said, from the April update video, that the eureka of Siege Tactics are now building two Trebuchet instead of building two Bombard. But it's not mentioned in the patch note. Can someone confirm?

Still says Bombards on the PS4. When they changed the Eureka and Inspiration requirement a couple of patches ago it took a couple of months for the descriptions to be changed.

They claimed that it would be 2/3rds of civs balanced which translates to 33 civs, but I'm only counting 27 in the patch notes. Am I somehow missing 6 civs somewhere, or?
Probably civs like America, Arabia, England, India and Norway whose UUs were balanced and combat strength changed. The UUs being balanced are in a separate section.

Code:
-        <Row TechnologyType="TECH_SIEGE_TACTICS" Boost="40" TriggerDescription="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_SIEGE_TACTICS" TriggerLongDescription="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_SIEGE_TACTICS" BoostClass="BOOST_TRIGGER_OWN_X_UNITS_OF_TYPE" Unit1Type="UNIT_BOMBARD" NumItems="2"/>
+        <Row TechnologyType="TECH_SIEGE_TACTICS" Boost="40" TriggerDescription="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_SIEGE_TACTICS" TriggerLongDescription="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_SIEGE_TACTICS" BoostClass="BOOST_TRIGGER_OWN_X_UNITS_OF_TYPE" Unit1Type="UNIT_TREBUCHET" NumItems="2"/>

I confirmed this from the .diff file provided by @Gedemon . So they need to add this to the patch notes.

They forgot the biggest bug fix, they forgot to tone down the volume of Mansa Musa's laugh.

My game is unstable post-update. Audio hiccups at first, then the game crashed when I met a civilization. When I tried to resume game, it took down my PC. :(

I was already underwhelmed by the scope/quality of the balance changes, but they didn't even actually make changes to a full 2/3rds (in even a minor way)? Oof. I was expecting the majority of the changes to be on the scope of Spain or the Mapuche, so the buffed UUs as a result of the new units don't really qualify in my mind.

I do however appreciate the new units!

Probably civs like America, Arabia, England, India and Norway whose UUs were balanced and combat strength changed. The UUs being balanced are in a separate section.

The Rough Rider got moved to a different tech and now promotes to a Tank instead of a Modern Armor. So America's change is more than just strength balance.

Top Bottom