1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit Thread V - The Final Countdown?!?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by uppi, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

That the irish will be left to fend for themselves or suffer is not at all unlikely. Those imagining that the eu hard line is to protect ireland are just deluded and havent been paying attention or just willfully myopic.
    I certainly hope ireland wont suffer. Yet it should prepare instead of relying on the eu.

Oerdin likes this.
  2. Oerdin

Oerdin Chieftain

May is betraying the voters and voting againat brexit. She has been a traitor from the start.

3. Silurian

Silurian Warlord

She voted for Brexit yesterday. The ERG voted against Brexit.

4. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

You can say what you like about the foolish, incompetent, stubborn, dictatorial, xenophobic woman, but she has tried to fulfil the referendum promise (in her own way). That is absolutely without question.

Hrothbern and Silurian like this.
  5. Oerdin

Oerdin Chieftain

Please stop being daft and disingenuous. The attempts to physically break up the UK snd violate its territorial integrity are and qlways has been nothing but a poison pill by the EU showing they were not interested in fair and equitable trade just punishmeny for daring to tell it no.

That is why no deal truly is the only option and it actually is a very good option despite what the liars of project fear would have one think.

6. Silurian

Silurian Warlord

How was the EU making "attempts to physically break up the UK snd violate its territorial integrity".

7. Arakhor

So, after having your last ridiculous pronouncement disproved in just ten words, you're straight back again, telling other people not to be "daft and disingenuous"? :crazyeye:

8. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

That's rich. I'm asking a very simple question : "what were the "unreasonable" requirements of the EU ?". Should be easy to answer if it's so blatant, right ?

And yet, you're answering with a rant completely devoid of anything informative (just the usual "blabla tyrants blabla conspiration blabla they are out to get us blabla") and then telling ME that I am the one being "disingenuous" (despite you unable to provide any fact) and "daft" (despite you being the one dabbling in conspiracy BS) ?

Stones, glass houses, pot, kettle and all that.

So you're basically saying "they want a no-deal Brexit to begin with, which means that any compromise would be by essence unacceptable" ?
    Because then I wonder why there was all these clownish negociations that wasted time for two years.

9. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Inno has indeed been characterizing the negotiations, or at least such negotiations as took place after it was clear that the "red lines" of both parties would not permit any real agreement, as more-or-less a waste of time.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Kyriakos likes this.
  10. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

Moderator Action: a friendly reminder to stay with the topic without resorting to personal attacks.

11. Takhisis

Takhisis excuse me

If you defend the British Empire's right to genocide then I hope you'll at least pipe down on your accusations of ‘IMPERIALISM’ whenever anybody contradicts what RT tells you to believe regarding politics in the American continent.

And I said opinion, not ruling. Which once again proves you haev at best a hazy idea of what you're talking about.
    I am definitely sure that the EU will not cancel Ireland's membership, even if the UK still does not consider Ireland to be foreign soil.

12. uppi

uppi Warlord

It is a dangerous assumptions that the EU won't let a no deal happen. I suspect that if the UK requests an extension without a believable reason what the extension is good for, there is a decent chance that the EU will deny it and say "This is bad, but it is not going to be better, let's get this over with".

A no deal is bad, but more weeks months or even years of uncertainty followed by a no deal are worse.

13. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

I agree that there will be a strong reluctance to revoke Article 50 without the "democratic" cover of a second referendum, but I am not convinced this will not be overcome by their aversion to Brexit generally and a no-deal Brexit in particular.

14. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

That's what he said in the last previous posts.
    But it was so buried under the formulations that either implied or openly said "the EU is bullying the poor UK which had no choice but to courageously stand against oppression" that it takes a very, very charitable mind to actually be able to read the former into the latter.

15. Arakhor

Meanwhile, the PM has apparently suggested that Norn Ireland be brought under direct rule once again in the event of a no-deal Brexit. I don't see that working well, even by the rock-bottom standards of the last few years.

16. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

My only point is that agree or disagree with it, his position is fundamentally consistent and has been for at least the last few months.

17. really

really Chieftain

The UK's solution to not being able to agree to treat NI differently is to treat NI differently.

18. Takhisis

Takhisis excuse me

No it's not unless you only read this thread. Somebody who decries ‘imperialism’ while proclaiming the UK's right to keep its empire is not being consistent but a mere hypocrite.

19. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Warlord

Revoking Art 50 is not in the P table of JPMorgan for their risk assessment..
    May putting her deal to a vote for a third time is.
    The Speaker Bercow can forbid that (!?), but the rules on that are outside my judgment.

20. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

MPs have voted to take no deal off the table by 312 to 308. Very narrow vote which means I suspect that there won't be a majority for any alternative to no deal. Spelman amendment.

Voted against seeking to delay Brexit until May 22 by 374 to164 which was pretty decisive.

Its still a mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.