Change ur dang avatars

I won several days of contemplating what I would do with a giant mountain of dollars. It was worth the price.

My wife and I did the same thing. In the end we decided we really wouldn't change our lifestyle much aside from not having to work anymore. We'd just put the money in interest bearing accounts and live off the interest. And then of course our kids would be able to do the same once we die.

Basically, we'd just become a family of lazy unproductive citizens living off of unearned wealth and not really giving anything back to society.

My wife and I did the same thing. In the end we decided we really wouldn't change our lifestyle much aside from not having to work anymore. We'd just put the money in interest bearing accounts and live off the interest. And then of course our kids would be able to do the same once we die.

Basically, we'd just become a family of lazy unproductive citizens living off of unearned wealth and not really giving anything back to society.
It's a pity that you're not in the UK, or you could use some of the money to bribe your way into a minor noble title, which makes a life of indolence not only acceptable but practically laudable.

It's a pity that you're not in the UK, or you could use some of the money to bribe your way into a minor noble title, which makes a life of indolence not only acceptable but practically laudable.

Here you just have to join the GOP, and that's free.

So, in GOP terms, you would be a hard-working job-creator who is crippled by high taxes?

Tell me more...

I do remember being told when I was a teenager that I had a distant relative that was serving in the UK's Parliament, but that was never confirmed. Apparently the story was this relative was an illegitimate war baby from when my grandfather was stationed there in WWII. I don't know if that story has any truth to it, but if it is true, that could be my foot in the door to English nobility if I ever did get super-rich.

So, in GOP terms, you would be a hard-working job-creator who is crippled by high taxes?
Nah, a lazy universal income recipient.

after a special someone asked me if that was me in the profile pic I decided it was time to let Mr. Marvin Gaye retire and bring back my "new" old standard avatar that I use for most places.

same.

after a special someone asked me if that was me in the profile pic I decided it was time to let Mr. Marvin Gaye retire and bring back my "new" old standard avatar that I use for most places.
So... is that you in the new/old profile pic?

Last edited:
If I came into a huge amount of money I'd get strapped with a private army of mercenaries.

With a million dollars of such a large jackpot, I would throw an OT party and invite and pay for all of you to meet in some nice place for a weekend get together. I'd invite the mods too. Free travel, free hotel, free food; buy your own booze. :)

If I won an obscenely large amount of money, I'd spend it on political attack ads.
Actually, as things stand, I think that if you spent money on political ads you'd win an obscenely large amount of money.

Actually, as things stand, I think that if you spent money on political ads you'd win an obscenely large amount of money.

Well, that's the reason for most of them. It's called rent seeking. Rich people try to elect Republicans because they get a higher return on their investment than they do in investing in businesses.

Personally, at this point if I had that money all I would be interested in is revenge.

Notice that I said ‘win’ because I still consider it ‘winnings’ rather than money being actually earned.

Of course you can get returns on investment from that, but I was thinking about things more like Faux News, which gets to make a lot of money not from any favours, but simply because Trump, the eternal indefensible attacker, is the kind of product they sell, and they got it for free in his case.

Spending and donating money to political advertising in any form should be taxed at 25% if it exceeds $1000.

That would be ‘no representation without taxation, ergo, Soviet thought, ergo, communism.

That would be ‘no representation without taxation, ergo, Soviet thought, ergo, communism.
Clever, but not accurate. It is just another tax, this time on excessive spending on propaganda. It is like a tax on cigarettes. In NM if you buy a full page newspaper ad supporting some candidate, the paper will charge you 7.5% tax on the price of that ad. My tax would happen at the moment you donated or spent to support a campaign or party. State and local taxes that followed later would be additional. Like taxing cigarettes, my goal is to make folks think twice about how they spend their money and reduce the "money is speech" effect of citizen's united.

Top Bottom