Civ 5 Icon Competition - Final Round!

Which icon shoudl be adopted by CFC as the Civ 5 Icon?

• [img]http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/icons/civ5/entries/entry69.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't make up my mind between the one with the 5, or the one that is in the lead.

I think alot of the votes for CiV simply don't understand that we already have two of those for other games. It's a nice looking icon no doubt, but it's not functional. Any new member coming along for civ 5 is going to be very confused regarding the meaning of these icons. civ, CIV or CiV. Huh?

Oh wow, Civ5 makes a last minute bid for the lead. I wish I'd not already voted for the plain V 'cause I'd prefer Civ5 over the CiV thing any day.

Oh wow, Civ5 makes a last minute bid for the lead. I wish I'd not already voted for the plain V 'cause I'd prefer Civ5 over the CiV thing any day.

Last minute? This poll is open for nearly another week. It's early days yet!

It's been in the top 3 for most of the time so far.

I think the V is like Ross Perot splitting the vote for Civ5. I voted V, but now I wish I voted for Civ5. I really don't want another CIV.

I voted for the second icon and so far is leading the vote..
I think it's a classic civilization icon that most of civ fanatics would be ok with it..

Civ5 for me, please. That's the only one that clearly distinguishes from the CivIV icon that I like.

It's odd how this thread is called the Civ5 Icon Competition, yet there's only one entry for a Civ5 icon!

:( Only one option that had the numeral 5. Then again, it made my particular vote easy.

Some of the others are good enough but IMO there is nothing clearer than the number 5 when distinguishing it from all the other civ icons 1 through to 4.

The nostalgic value of a V is greatly outweighed IMO by the much clearer distinctiveness of 5.

At least on my monitor and with my eyes, yellow and white are hard to tell apart on such a tiny icon.

QFT, I voted for the 5, now everyone who hasn't done so, go vote for the 5 !

Civ 5 baby!

If I am looking at a post for 5 seconds, I will be mistaken alot if the logo has a CiV format.

Look at the forum! It is Civ4 and Civ5 general discussion, not CIV and CiV general discussion. Which one is less confusing? The one with numbers.

I have to go with the logo with the number 5 in it. The others might take longer than half a second to recognize when casually reading posts.

Yes, but isn't that for the TEXT name of the forum? I think this icon is for thread titles and not the forum titles. Look inside the Civ4 forum for instance and you will see the different icons (CIV, C4W, BtS, etc). Of course, the V version will look a lot like the existing CIV icon. :crazyeye:

I pick .

I like it much better than "CiV".

The top two look too much like Civ4's icon, and Civ V's should be different.

I voted for second one and then found out that one has the highest number of votes right now. :)

I feel sorry for the people who entered icons only for them to gather little to no votes.

Seems to me that there are only a few themes here: CIV CIVV, CIV5 and V. Do we still need a runoff among the winners in each of the themes? Or if we think a CIV motif is the clear winner, then a runnoff of the clear variants of the CIV motif?

Even though a CIV similar to the civ 4 icon is in the lead, I bet there is a majority that wants something more distinct from the Civ 4 icon for Civ 5. While I voted for an unambiguous CIV motif, in a runoff I would vote for the a V motif before one of the ambiguous CIV motifs (and the Civ5 and CivV do not really appeal to me).

I am surprised that the CIV is not more popular as a CIV motif, as that is clearly distinct from the CIV icon for Civ 4

dV

I voted for the blue background CivV. I think a new style background would be nice, but looks like it's not happening :(

I think alot of the votes for CiV simply don't understand that we already have two of those for other games. It's a nice looking icon no doubt, but it's not functional. Any new member coming along for civ 5 is going to be very confused regarding the meaning of these icons. civ, CIV or CiV. Huh?

I wish they had put the previous icons for comparison or removed the CiV CIV ones entirely. If you can't instantly recognize what game icon you are looking at without having to think, the icon fails.

REALLY? :rolleyes:

Though some icons might have a decent fanbase, the rest could easily dislike it...

If I had to rank these icons, the leader would end pretty far down on my list, while Civ5 would be close to the top. Had I known the choice was basically between these two when I voted, I'd have chosen differently.

I call for a revote on the top 3-5 candidates! Probably not going to happen, though, as this has already been proclaimed "final round".

I wish they had put the previous icons for comparison or removed the CiV CIV ones entirely. If you can't instantly recognize what game icon you are looking at without having to think, the icon fails.

REALLY? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hope there is some sort of administrative veto on this since apparently mob rule results in extremely confusing decisions.

Top tip of the day: The icon that should be used doesn't have to be the most popular one. It has to be the one that is most useful for the purpose of distinguishing Civ 5 from all the other game icons. The current leader woefully fails to do this.

Top Bottom