CiVUP - CiV Unofficial Patch

If we're talking about the same thing, it's because the AI was too limited, and wound up building too few cities, or neglecting good locations.

I didn't change the minimum city range - it's been at 2 since the game's release. I rarely build cities that close together. It's usually better to build them 3-5 tiles apart.

I can't remember if the number is the distance or the number of empty spaces that there must be between cities, but at release it was 2 empty spaces between cities, and it was patched to 3 empty spaces a while back.

I'm rather new to modding Civ5 so I was wondering if this this mod is compatible with the version 1.0.1.348 or did I mess up something when I installed the mod since the UI strings for the added info doesn't work for me and I can't build anything in the city after founding a settler.

The current UP/VEM is not compatible with previous versions of the game, you should update it in Steam.

Welcome to the forum! :goodjob:

I don't know what the current public version of civ is. Try updating civ in steam, and if that doesn't work, try the other things on the common checklist.

What version number do you see on the main screen Seek? I'm showing 1.0.1.511.

I don't know if this is something in unmodded Civ, or another mod I played, but I like that feature where gifted units from military city states spawn in that city state's territory.

True start was broken a few updates ago 152 I think ? Was this intentional ? Can it be fixed ? I always found it frustrating to say play Askia and start in the jungle or more likely in the area of Alaska. Thanks for your time and your modding.

I think the civs in VEM don't have random starts. That's why some of their UU's traits favor certain terrain. However, there is an RNG factor that could occasionally result in an inappropriate starting point.

Odd I must have something wrong. I tried several times Songhai was in the jungle 2 times then every other time in Alaska. England starts usually in North America. The only way I could get true start to work again was to go back to version 151 and use it.
Thank you for your response.

Oh, I see - you're playing the Earth map. That may very well be off - I assumed you were playing on Continents, Pangaea, or the "+" maps.

I am trying out the plus maps now fun game and at least now I'm starting where the civ can benefit (Songhai river, England Coastal, etc.) Thanks again.

I have the same problem! I try to play with TSL and it keeps starting me in random places. what's the point of playing as Iroquois if you start in the desert?

Top Bottom