Comings, Goings and New Arrivals IX: Those Things Come And Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me extrañaste?
Spoiler English Translation :
Miss me?

I've largely been lying low and taken a sabbatical from the forums. Mostly just making SFM art and gotten into playing Overwatch. Largely have been floating around in Reddit after finding a new community to have a fresh start for myself.

My life is still a plane wreck though and still picking up the pieces. Yet still feeling a bit better than I was years ago.

Hi, CG!

(You've got to maintain your position as the fifth most prolific poster somehow!)

I'm taking a break from this place. Things have happened lately that make it impossible to post with any expectation of good faith in return, so I'll be gone for awhile. Not sure how long.

I will accept and reply to PMs and emails, but will not post until I decide to return.

It's monsoon season in Bootstan, my made-up country where I rule as the mostly-benevolent* dictator. That means it's raining heavily and breaks in the rain are rare and totally unpredictable.

I've been having mental health problems for a while. Anyone who tried to file an appeal through me (@civver_764 and @Lexicus , and maybe one or two other people), got a promise that I'd put it in the appeal forum, but hasn't heard back since should seek the most active supermod/admin, and re-file their appeal (just quote the conversation with me verbatim). I haven't even checked to see which mods are active right now. The day I promised to post it was when the collapse started.

I have to leave for a while because there's a brief break in the rain and I have to use this to clean up my hoarder's den of a room, and get rid of the hobby that has been destroying my life. If anybody desires to go deeply (five figures, on essentially no real income) into debt, attract law enforcement, fire marshal, and neighbor suspicion, and become known at your local health institution as "that guy who made and huffed chloroform once, just to find out what it was like, and then ran in for liver tests a couple days later", [fornicating] apartment chemistry is a great way to do it.

I just wanted you guys to know what's up.

*Of course there are some slightly unethical experiments. Nothing Mengele-level - mostly it's experiments to find out how to make people better off. Even the more diabolical ones aren't that bad. We're talking like 1/1000 of a Mengele here. A milliMengele, if you prefer. I despise him - he was just torturing people and didn't even get very good data out of it. If ethical rules get inverted or suspended in your country, use it to do real science, and make the torture as minimal as possible.

Bon voyage Warpus!!

All packed. Being picked up in about 4 and a half hours and driven to the airport. I need sleep but there isn't much time

Be back in 4 weeks or so. If I run into our yeti (or another one) I'll take some pictures
Have fun! If you don't spot any yetis, some selfies will probably serve as sufficient evidence :mischief:

I got out of the loony bin/detox facility. I feel a lot better at the moment, probably just because they bumped my antidepressant dose up and weaned me off benzodiazepines, so there are no longer any depressants in my system. I have no idea how long that will last and a lot of wreckage (e.g. a MS thesis that I've made nowhere near enough progress on, a pile of credit card debt, and so on and so forth) to clean up, but I'll be around at least a little bit from now on.

Welcome back. But are you sure this is the right place to be?

Welcome!

taking a break from CFC. Partially because I'm too busy getting caught up on coursework, and partially because I'm having racing negative thoughts that have genuinely disturbed me, so it may be for the best for me to stop posting anyway.

Welcome. :)

I am really far behind on my work for college after I was out sick for a week, so I won't be on for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom