1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

That's a pretty unreasonable expectation to pose. I am one person and I do my best to make a mod that I want to use, no more, no less. Of course, the mod is open for all to contribute to if you're open to sharing some of your UX expertise :thumbsup:

I think the best solution is just finding a way to force the scrollzones to appear above the UI elements in the z-axis. Not 100% sure how to do this, but it's probably the only proper fix

Could you provide a save file?

2. TruthfulCake

TruthfulCake Prince

I didn't find any .xml that defines "scroll zone" other than the WorldInput.xml. And I don't know if you can edit these parameters to make the zones "stay on top". I don't know if you can make this fix outside of .xml files.

Anyway, I can upload my modified UnitPanel.xml and CityPanel.xml from the current nightly build of CQUI. Although all my modification entails is changing one number in the respective files.

3. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

There is absolutely a z-axis at play here that can be manipulated. In my testing I've found that this is entirely affected by load order (e.g.: the very first element loaded always ends up in the back). The best solution would be to find some way to delay the creation of the worldinput context, the easy solution would be to destroy the too-low instance and spawn a new one, which will naturally end up above the existing elements

TruthfulCake likes this.
  4. TruthfulCake

TruthfulCake Prince

Interesting! Indeed, it will be a proper fix if possible. A little question: if the worldinput element ends up in the front, will the "ConsumeMouse" parameter of lower layers be ignored?

5. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Mouse input will fall through until it finds an element willing to consume it. Hovering behavior can have a handler attached even if the element doesn't explicitly consume a mouse input, so we can just tell the zones to explicitly not consume mouse inputs and we'll be fine

TruthfulCake likes this.
  6. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Okay, after some more testing I've found that it's really hard to destroy a context once instantiated. I think the better solution would be using the ChangeParent method to move the existing zone elements to a new interface layer that rests at the top of the interface. I'm still experimenting with what context I want to be inserting this layer into, so nothing to show yet

7. stebobibo

stebobibo Chieftain

I don't have a save file for that unfortunately. I found another bug, though.
    When building a temple in a city, and come back into that city's screen, the right panel(with production) is missing. See screenshot below. I suspect this might only happen if you have a religion, or it's from one of your recent updates, because in former games building temples didn't do this (and this is the only time I've had a religion). I've also included a save file for this issue. 20170116151133_1.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Phaedra

Phaedra Chieftain

I love your mod and simply cannot play without it now. I am installing the newest version and noticed the folder structure has changed but the install instructions did not and at risk of sounding really stupid, i am not sure how to install the latest nightly. Would greatly appreciate your help and thank you for all your work. Your time and talent has made the game far more enjoyable!

9. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Thanks. I've got some free time coming up while I transition between jobs so there's a good chance I'll have this tackled sooner rather than later

Just delete the old install and replace with the new one. The readme has become horribly outdated lately and I just plan to redo it when v0.7 wraps up. No promises on when that's coming, considering I was hoping to finish it in November at one point!

Phaedra likes this.
  10. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

does it still need to be placed into DLC folder instead of mods folder? it seems to work fine regardless but you never know

11. milk steak

milk steak Warlord

This mod is incredible and made my Civ6 experience much, much more enjoyable. Thank you!

Phaedra likes this.
  12. zarakand

zarakand Prince

Just wanted to drop a note saying thank you and that I love this mod. I didn't realize how many little things in the UI I found aggravating that your mod fixes. Probably my favorite thing is the return of the city screen and repeat trade route!

It's a shame good mods like this can't have a donate option, cause I'd happily cough up a couple bucks to support your development.

13. CivJunky

CivJunky Chieftain

Ran into an issue. I saved the game at Turn 41, exited the game and came back in. Unable to build any districts now. The screen adjusts for the placement but placement is not allowed anywhere. I am using the newest version of Nightly. Unable to continue with the game, for now I will have to remove the mod to be able to play. It is a really great mod and I hope you are able to get it updated soon so I can start using it. I had been using the version combined with the Omnibus mod but recently dropped that mod and switched to Quo's Combined Tweaks.

***EDIT: I got to reading on the GitHub page and I am running the Ynamp and was using one of the maps. I will start a new game without using Ynamp and see if that corrects everything. I just like using larger maps then is available.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  14. paulmclem

paulmclem Warlord

Was using this UI mod but because of a couple of issues I switched it off...the difference going back to the vanilla UI was incredible i.e. there was so much info missing which this mod had provided. The only reason I stopped using it was because of the occasional glitch, mainly in connection with the production queue. Sometimes I would attempt to add or remove from the queue and nothing changed i.e. the queue remained empty or still contained the item I was trying to remove. That apart it worked fine and was a massive improvement on what Firaxis gave us.

Ferocitus likes this.
  15. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

It would be really nice to see both Diplomatic Totals & Show Diplomatic Deals incorporated into this.

16. Kodimus

Kodimus Chieftain

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come off the way it did. You're doing a fantastic job with the mod, and I'm happy to leave feedback wherever I can. I'll tone it back a bit to focus purely on feedback; there's no need for what I said.

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  17. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Probably not! It's just a silly convention I used because the mod I based CQUI on did the same thing. Now it's kind of just part of my workflow and I've never bothered testing it installed to the mods folder. I'll fully explore changing the official install method to the mods folder when I'm rewriting the readme for the v0.7 release

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! Repeating trade routes are a feature courtesy of the Better Trade Screen mod by Astog, who has graciously allowed me to incorporate his work and provides excellent support and advice to me all the time both here and on Github. As for donations, you're the first person to ever ask, which is a pretty big milestone for me as a software developer. It's very nice of you to offer and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but, that being said, I'd like to keep this strictly a labor of love. It's nothing to do with ethics, I just want to keep my mentality in the right place!

While I can't promise anything quickly since goal #1 is fleshing out the final settings and supporting the new localizations, the process of fixing any production queue related woes will be greatly expedited if you could provide an affected save file. Thanks!

I'll look into contacting the respective authors after I get a v0.7 RC out the door

I hope I haven't come off as harsh either, because I definitely did not mean to. At the end of the day we're both just people who play Civ games and obsess over the UI. As far as I'm concerned that makes your advice highly valued and always worth considering. Please pull no punches in your criticism and always tell me exactly how you feel about the changes this mod introduces. The last thing I want is to make the game worse!

18. haftor1

haftor1 Chieftain

whats the point of having next city plot if its already in the game

19. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Next City Plot now augments the in-game cultural growth overlay. In vanilla, there's text in the overlay that doesn't scale very well at different zooms and even disappears at some points. In CQUI, this text is replaced by the Next City Plot asset, which I feel scales better.

There's other advantages to keeping the asset around as well, like binding a toggle for the growth overlay to the button for quick viewing of the tile below (GIF), or having a simple low-demand icon to show on city hover:

It also provides a container I can slip extra tooltips into:

20. Sepsn

Sepsn Chieftain

Anyone else still getting the resource icon-glitch? I have everything up to date, still not working though :/