1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. paulmclem

paulmclem Warlord

Probably this ^^

2. Auda

Auda Chieftain

3. NameArleadyUsed

NameArleadyUsed Chieftain

Would you consider adding more options for disabling single components to cqui_settings.sql
    Personally I don't like the Civ-V style cityview or unit panel changes and I would like to have an option to disable them.

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  4. skodkim

skodkim Deity

5. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Woops... sorry about forgetting!

Neat!

I suggest consulting issue #60 concerning why the V cityview probably isn't going to be an option for the forseeable future. Some unit panel changes are already configurable, like autoexpanding the unit actions trey. Some unit panel changes are going to become configurable in the near future (see issue #134 and #51). If you use git, the change to the unit panel is already in the workshop version, you just need to unpack it using "git stash pop". This feature isn't yet committed because it still needs to have localization strings and companion options added

6. NameArleadyUsed

Thanks for info.
    One more thing: I've just played with CQUI and had unsuspected suprise: my defeat. Out of nowhere. Once when I attemted to create my first city in first turn and another one in the middle of game (Barbossa's turn) with no reason. The second one allowed me to play "one more turn" and after one hunred :drool: I confirmed that no victories can be achieved afterwards as expected.
    Played as Spain and Aztecs respectively.
    No other mods enabled. Just "full" official content.

7. Seileach

Seileach Chieftain

by the way, no big deal, but the Special Thanks line is way too long for the in-game mod browser :D it might look better if you summed it up to something like "thanks to the civfanatics community" and then listed the detailed thank-yous in the mod description :)

8. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

That's weird, and definitely not something I've seen reported before. Could you provide a save file both pre and post defeat screen for me to investigate?

Yeah, that's documented in issue #326. I think this can be solved by inserting a few manual line breaks, but I honestly wish Firaxis had just applied a sane constraint to that particular label so that it wrapped instead. I'm reluctant to truncate this line and just stick the info elsewhere because the rules for crediting CQUI contributors is actually a formalized process with certain guarantees.

9. Swordmage1

Swordmage1 Chieftain

I have had a problem which I can only think MAY be due to CQUI: I don't get the build farm option on grassland hills (I could in the first game I played in the latest patch with no mods). My other mods are Historocity++, R.E.D. modpack, Overpowered Harbor, and Show Diplomatic Deals; none of which seem to touch the build subsystem at first glance; all from the Steam Workshop. Everything else seems to be fine and I am quite fond of your wonderful mod.

I would love a toggle option for the build/produce suggestions, but that is more in my "wouldn't it be nice" bucket. Thanks.

10. NameArleadyUsed

Well, I've not kept any saves so what I can provide is only autosave from Aztecs game long after defeat screen.

Also I think that in case of Spain it might have been a false alarm (for which I apologise) caused by misclick and deleting initial settlers instead of founding a city. I realized that today when I started new game and catched myself on involuntarily moving my mouse cursor over first button on unit menu. My mistake. Bad habits from non CQUI games.:wallbash:

Still the Aztecs game had no signs of any potential AI victory to happen when defeat screen showed up but lets hope that you would be able to deduce from save that I am wrong again.

By the way congratulations on great work on this mod :thumbsup:.
    I am the person who likes to have control over every aspect of their game and I usually end up creating my own personal modpacks with tweaked features from other mods. But yesterday I noticed: "Hey, QCUI integrates 5 of the other UI mods I use and also adds something new! It's worth to give it a try!" So decided to play a clean game with QCUI only to give it a fair chance. And I really like some solutions. Don't think I'm going to stick with this release but surely I will track the changes. Again: Good work!

Attached Files:

11. Shadole

Shadole Warlord

Is there any plan to fix this for hotseat? The production que is completely broken. It treats all hotseat players as having the same list.

12. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Hi, just got an error that might be CQUI-related. The game froze in a strange way (see picture). It's animated but nothing works. Log shows two problems, don't know if related.

lua.log
    TradeOverview: Saving running routes info in PlayerConfig database
    TradeRouteChooser: No running route data was found, on load.
    PlotInfo: PlotInfo::OnCitySelectionChanged 0 131073 14 10 0 true false
    PlotInfo: PlotInfo::OnCitySelectionChanged 0 131073 0 0 0 false false
    Runtime Error: C:\Users\Grzegorz\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\CQUI\Assets\UI\UnitFlagManager.lua:165: attempt to index a nil value
    stack traceback:
    C:\Users\Grzegorz\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\CQUI\Assets\UI\UnitFlagManager.lua:165: in function 'CQUI_ShowPath'
    C:\Users\Grzegorz\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\CQUI\Assets\UI\UnitFlagManager.lua:377: in function '(anonymous)'
    Lua callstack:
    InGame: Request to BulkHide( true, Diplomacy ), Show on 0 = 1
    Runtime Error: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\DiplomacyActionView.lua:1616: attempt to index a nil value
    stack traceback:
    C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\DiplomacyActionView.lua:1616: in function 'PopulateLeader'
    C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\DiplomacyActionView.lua:1879: in function 'PopulateDiplomacyRibbon'
    C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\DiplomacyActionView.lua:2594: in function 'OnDiplomacyStatement'
    [C]: in function 'func'
    [C]: in function '(anonymous)'
    TutorialUIRoot: diplo stmt type=1092515808

Attached Files:

13. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

See issue #271 concerning why this could be a while before it gets fixed

First error is very benign, causing no known issues besides polluting the logs with useless stack traces, it's actually fixed in the nightlies as of PR #338 thanks to JHCD

Second error is occurring in a file that isn't overridden by CQUI, which indicates to me that it may be the fault of some other mod or possibly even Firaxis. CQUI does make minor changes to the XML component of DiplomacyActionView, but mostly just speedups to the fadein/fadeout animation. And no, before anyone posits the revelation they just had: those aren't loading animations, speeding them up doesn't make the game less stable

14. Infixo

Infixo Deity

15. DanteMartinez

DanteMartinez Chieftain

How far behind is the workshop version? I switched to it, being careful to remove the manual version, and now a lot of features seem to be gone like upgrading units from report screen and resize mini map.

16. Flatline23

Flatline23 Chieftain

Just coming back to civ6 after a break... always loved CQUI. Small request though... any chance of making worker improvement / city production recommendations a toggle? I figured out how to bring back the improvement one, but I have no idea where the production recommendations live... just that it would be useful for a player after being away from the game and (like me) forgetting stuff! lol...

17. Chimpestry

Chimpestry Chieftain

New to using the CQUI mod; very useful. Slight display problem. Visually annoying but doesn't seem to affect play. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

18. gnole

gnole Chieftain

Hi, first of all, thanks for this great mod. I really enjoyed playing with it.
    However, today, after I finished my current game with an old version of CQUI mod, I decided to chek the new updates. I download the newest one and started a new game. However, I figured out that there is a problem with "Civics Tree". "Civisc tree" window does not open. I started the game just with this mod, still, the "civics tree" refused to open. Unfortunately, I already deleted my old version CQUI mod and now I don't know what can I do. Please helpp :)

19. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

You are using the alpha from last November. Download from Steam, or the nightly from GitHub.

BlackSmokeDMax likes this.
  20. Da_Bigman

Da_Bigman Chieftain

Is there a way to edit the size of the panels on the city view screen? I play on my living room TV and with the 1080P resolution, the text is unreadable, so I've had to edit the text file to make it larger. That makes some of the screens jumbled in your mod, particularly the new city view panel on the left side. If I could just widen that panel, it would provide the needed space and I wouldn't have this problem any longer. Is this possible?