1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. fjordan

fjordan Warlord

I think this mod deserves a subforum. The creator is very helpfull so there is a good chance that suggestions will be taken seriously. Right now this single thread is getting cluttered. How can we make this happen?

bwaybwoy and NameArleadyUsed like this.
  2. FeralStrike

FeralStrike Chieftain

The builder and scout's lenses are staying on after they are activated until I manually toggle them off with the lenses menu , any tips for a fix?

3. ThERat

ThERat Deity

By the way, my top grouse is with the tech/civic pop up at the top. Even when you untick it, it pops back up every single turn. How can we disable that. It's very intrusive on smaller laptop screens

4. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Might not be important and its with a version thats a few days old but I thought I'd report these error messages that related to the mod:

Modding.log:
    [2586012.223] Status: Applying Component - CQUI_TEXT
    [2586012.223] Status: Creating database save point.
    [2586012.223] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Assets/Text/cqui_text_general.xml
    [2586012.225] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Assets/Text/cqui_text_settings.xml
    [2586012.228] Warning: LocalizedText - Error Loading XML.
    [2586012.228] Status: Successfully released save point.

Database.log
    [2586011.654] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2586011.655] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
    [2586012.228] [Localization] ERROR: Database::XMLSerializer (cqui_text_settings.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: Text, Value: Informacje o mie?cie po najechaniu
    [2586012.228] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table LocalizedText from file cqui_text_settings.xml.
    [2586012.235] [Localization] ERROR: Database::XMLSerializer (bts_text.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: Text, Value: Miasta-pa?stwa z zadaniami
    [2586012.235] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table LocalizedText from file bts_text.xml.
    [2586012.246] [Localization] ERROR: Database::XMLSerializer (morelenses_text.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: Text, Value: Miasta w zasi?gu 6
    [2586012.246] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table LocalizedText from file morelenses_text.xml.

[2586012.413] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2586012.428] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.

Log files attached

\Skodkim

Attached Files:

• Logs.zip
      File size:
      562.9 KB
      Views:
  5. Xur

Xur Prince

Would you mind if I make a tiny fork of CQUI? I simply want the 3 little stats on the diplomacy ribbon and nothing else.

6. nth94

nth94 Chieftain

http://tinypic.com/r/34j7nnd/9
    As you can see the portraits bar or whatever it's called is missing but you can still see the shadow as usual. How do i get the portraits back on? Also when i click on the civics tree it doesn't show up. Everything else seems to be working. What could be wrong?

7. gnole

gnole Chieftain

I have the same problem. No portraits and no civics tree. Helppp pleasee:)

8. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

I am part way into my first game with CQUI and I really like it so far. I think I have seen other ask for this already, but I will ask again, can we get the unit icons to be collapsed by default or at least have it STAY collapsed if I do so I don't see the skull icon all the time?

Also, since clicking a city banner opens the city panel, can we let it be closed by clicking it again for consistency? Having to use the X in the upper right is a bit less convenient.

One more thing, any way to indicate half a house on the city panel so you know if one more half will get you an extra house?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  9. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

I've noticed that the city build list contains a build time for things that already are built. I would expect a checkmark. Bug or something I've misconfigured?
    If a bug, should I submit something through github?

10. Davetripd

Davetripd Chieftain

Not sure if this little bug has been noticed yet, its annoying but easy to deal with. When you first place a "pin" there is only a black outline instead of the correct image. Saving and restarting fixes it. The pic illustrates before and after saving and restarting.

Since I'm asking questions, is there a way to highlight resources and zoom out, like the way you would do to take a screen-shot of civ4?

Spoiler :

11. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

I noticed last night while playing my first game with the mod that my tile tool tips do not popup. Are they disabled with this mod or is it a bug? I have played a few sittings and I did not notice this earlier so I can't say if this is new or was this way from the beginning.

12. Seileach

Seileach Chieftain

any idea why some strategic resources appear as text and not as icons? they're related to special units, like janissaries and templars, i think...

it's either this mod or MOAR units, can't tell which... :D

Attached Files:

13. dontbyteme

dontbyteme Chieftain

Same here, encountering the same problem

14. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Sorry about being a little slow on the draw this week folks! Intermittent issues with internet made keeping up rather difficult but I think that's mostly resolved. Thanks for stopping by and being patient!

Fixed in latest release!

Also fixed in latest release!

... Also fixed in latest release!

CQUI is distributed under the MIT license and, as such, has no owner. You have my full blessing, but you don't need it. Please do not hesitate to use this mod however you want

Please download and use the OSX/Linux version from the workshop or the osx/linux branch on github

There's an option for that: "autoexpand unit actions". Yes, there's a ticket open for it, but no progress to report on actually getting it implemented just yet

I believe that may be a bug. I actually haven't seen it myself considering how little I actually play Civ 6 vs "playing" while working on features

Yes, it's a known and longstanding bug. It's probably an easy fix but it's not very glamorous so nobody (including myself :sad:) has gotten around to it

Sounds like possibly a mod conflict. Mod conflict issues change every load, which would explain why it seems to only break sometimes without much rhyme or reason

Sounds like a mod incompatibility, that's definitely not intentional

15. Fierro

Fierro Warlord

So, this glorious mod is impossible to download outside of workshop?

16. BlackSmokeDMax

BlackSmokeDMax Chieftain

Nope. There is a link to the github in the very first post. Look in the shaded area . Once you are on the github page, make sure to click the link to get the nightly version.

17. guspin

guspin Chieftain

ye
    yeah, but i have the new version with the australia dlc and in mid game it freeze and unites and cities desapear from the map and the game block.

with australia dlc, some things have been change (updates) and now the mod doesn't work outside the steam.

iam sad because i has enjoying the mod.

keep up the good work!!!

18. jbxx

jbxx Chieftain

I have difficulty navigating the Steam site, however I did manage (with help on 26 Feb) to download this mod from Steam. Can you confirm that Steam automatically downloads updates to the mod. Also is it placed in the dlc folder? Just checked my dlc and I have a cqui-master folder dated 26 Feb. - just wondered if this is the latest. Can anyone please advise if this is the latest version. I did notice that the unit upgrade was missing from the units tab.

19. BlackSmokeDMax

BlackSmokeDMax Chieftain

Steam does automatically download updates to the DLC when subscribed. It is not placed in the DLC folder, the folder where Civ6 Workshop mods are stored is located at: D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\289070 (early portion of location is dependent on your Steam install location)

289070 is the Steam ID for Civ6. All mods are assigned a number as well, the Steam ID for CQUI is 870911250, so that will be the folder number you will find within the location I pasted above.

If you still have a copy of CQUI in your DLC folder you'll need to delete that, it is a copy you downloaded and manually placed there. Having both that and the Steam Workshop version WILL give you problems!

20. BlackSmokeDMax

BlackSmokeDMax Chieftain

Not sure what to tell you, but for most people, the mod is working just fine. Do you accidentally have both Steam Workshop and the manual version installed? That will cause problems, you'll need to choose one method or the other.