1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. iamliberal

iamliberal Prince

Thanks for clarifying that for me Gyrofalcon.

2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

CQUI is used by approximately 2% of Civ VI owners, I doubt Firaxis are even aware of it unfortunately.

3. Cagarustus

Cagarustus Prince

How do you know that it's only 2%?

4. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

That sounds awful if things don't turn out right. :S To me this game is almost unplayable without it.

5. skodkim

skodkim Deity

It's probably based on the number of subscribers from Steam versus number of Civ6 owners. Not completely the right way to do it as some of us don't use Steam subscriptions for mods (but probably the only possible way).
    \Skodkim

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  6. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Exactly, it's the closet number we have. CQUI is very popular on here I know but I was trying to bring a sense of perspective.

7. JamesCivFan

JamesCivFan King

Do Firaxis staff still come on here? I mean, this forum is being advertised now in Civ VI's front page, along with a Civ subreddit.

8. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

I'm fairly certain (just an opinion) that they lurk here but don't comment any longer. Fingers crossed that they're paying attention.

9. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

Of course they do.
    Weather or not they actual do anything about it is another story.
    Seems to me this became either a lower priority or they tried to cram too much into the patch.
    Perhaps its even a less experienced programmer team/ leader.

Regardless I hope it gets fixed.
    Firaxis has always seemed to make things right in the past. IMO.
    My guess is that if they are planning on releasing a second or third edition of Civ VI that they will have to clean it up eventually.

What I don't get is why Firaxis doesn't team up with modders?
    My guess is that they could get a really good/ polished patch/program with minimum payment.
    I'd be willing to work on the patch for a free copy of the next game, or a seat on the Beta team or something similar.
    Even just the prestige or exposure.

10. Cagarustus

Cagarustus Prince

I think it's likely that they've got a less experienced programmer/team working on civ 6 right now.

I agree they should work with modders and the community.

I feel sorry for person who designed the UI interface; he/she is copping a lot of flack by players for the poor design. Fireaxis can't throw one of their own under the bus.

11. Olleus

Olleus Deity

So I'm out of the loop an haven't read through all the past posts, apologies if this the nth time this has been asked:

Is there if version of CQUI that works with the latest patch? The steam version definitely does not for me. Although a broken CQUI is almost better than a "working" vanilla UI

12. Noble Zarkon

Not yet - there are a lot of difficult updates to be made as I understand it.

13. Lehnardtsson

Lehnardtsson Chieftain

hi guys,

I stopped civ for a while and just bought a brand new computer. Now for 2 days I am struggling to understand why I am facing bugs...
    what a pity because this mod was great!

14. Hitesh12

Hitesh12 Chieftain

This mod is great. Just hold on a little longer

Puer likes this.
  15. Puer

Puer Warlord

16. Noble Zarkon

The Mod needs to be updated to work with the new patch - the volunteers are working hard on it as per the link Puer posted.

Olleus likes this.
  17. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

Gotta love those modding volunteers! Reading the thread over there makes it clear the patch really threw things into chaos and the way to a functioning CQUI is going to be long and bumpy. Hang in there!

18. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Glad to hear this, the github thread made it sound like the project was being abandoned!

Best of luck updating it, I'd offer to help but my Lua and UI skills are both pretty low

19. Puer

Puer Warlord

20. Cagarustus

Cagarustus Prince

"Can you imagine trying to talk Fireaxis into scrapping thousands of hours of code, and then say: "Right Lads! We've found some modders who have done a better job than you all have.... Adopt their code, and then we'll party?"

Daft73 and [to_xp]Gekko like this.