1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for this mod I have it, works well, but I have one question.

Would it be possible to change it to the Advanced Settings screen, as opposed to the main game set up page.

I find myself skipping it, because I always use advanced settings.

2. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

You have two options: First is right clicking the map to make it default-sized. If you instead prefer a custom size, you'll need to edit lines 69-70 in MinimapPanel.xml AND lines 71-73 in MinimapPanel.lua

Littlebob86 likes this.
  3. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

I'm not looking to make any changes to the main menu yet, that's outside the immediate scope of the mod for the immediate future, so I think I'm just gonna let the main menu mods mature a bit and see what pans out first.

4. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds good, glad you have a plan, and not just trying to add everything all at once.

Looking forward to future installments! :c5happy:

5. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Thank you for the reply!! :)

I don't suppose you seen a way to enable show yield by default when I start a new game?? *Sorry for pushing my luck!* I've asked in multiple threads but noones responded :(

6. mnf

mnf King

I'm not sure I like the transparency. But this does remind me of something similar with Beyond Earth.
    This UI Tweak mod removed the citizen buttons completely, instead making the tiles themselves act as citizen buttons, and add a border to each tile to designate it's citizen management status like locked, working, border expansion, etc. You could still plop down the lock icon for locked citizens, say just above the yield icons. Make a green border around each worked tile.

This implementation will also completely eliminate the problem of the citizen buttons overlapping yields in strategic view, too.

Although I must mention that even at that time, quite a few users expressed their dislike regarding not seeing the citizen buttons. They found it an unnecessary barrier to have to remember what the border colors were supposed to mean.

I think a compromise can be reached with just using a green border to indicate "worked" status, and still use the padlock for locking, the 0/1/2 count for district slots, and the "in X turns" for border expansions.

I have no idea if this can actually be implemented in Civ VI, though...

7. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

The lenslayers are weird and have thus far proven uncooperative, I think it's something I'll revisit when the SDK drops. For the meantime I've made some tweaks to the transparency that should hopefully make them less ugly

8. mnf

mnf King

Indeed they are. And I have just found out that with or without your mod, pressing TAB while in citizen management or tile purchase mode will remove the masking altogether. I have no idea why...I didn't even know TAB was bound to some function, it seems.

9. BenchBreaker

BenchBreaker Warlord

It is buggy for me, the left city panel sometimes do not close when the right panel closes, and the x button do not work either, other times the city screen do not show the tile purchase and citizen management.

as for suggestions can you make the purchase tab stay whilst you cycle through the cities with the arrow next to the city name in the horizontal panel?

10. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is the right one, sorry...was completely distracted by my kids/wife :crazyeye:

@Littlebob86 you can set up hot keys here's a link, earlier you mentioned being able to start the game with yields on. This is not that, but the next best thing.

Hotkeys setup

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  11. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

It sounds to me like you've got some kind of mod conflict going on. Are you using the Nightly or v0.6 release?

12. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@Littlebob86 ..

Even smaller than the default-Vanilla or of the cQui "Doubled-up"??
    Cuz, i've already made a custom 1.5 size for myself as standalone fix.
    It's in this post #21.

IIRC, @chaorace also mentionned he has plans to make various sizes as options/configs.

Littlebob86 likes this.
  13. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

The janky way to do it is just shoehorning a toggleyield into an Initialization function. I can't forsee any issues that would be caused by that, but it's not something I've really been enthusiastic about throwing in there considering it's not the most graceful of solutions

Littlebob86 likes this.
  14. jadel

jadel Warlord

So, just to be clear, its ok for people to have an opinion as long as its the same as yours.

Ok, got it, thanks.

15. mnf

mnf King

I've ran into this as well, but it seems very likely that it is due to some kind of interaction between the "Next Action" function and going from a city view to a non-city view. For example:
    1. "Choose production": click on the notification and city view opens with its left and right panels.
    2. Use "Next Action" key-bind again
    If now the next notification doesn't involve any panels and/or partial screens, it doesn't close the left-panel. You're stuck with the left panel until the next time you open a city and exit "properly".

I'm working now so I don't really have the time to test the hypothesis, but in "normal" play I've never encountered this problem, the only times I could reproduce the problem was when using the Next Action keybinding to proceed to the next notification.

EDIT: I'll be testing this tonight, in another 8-10 hours or so, and if I figure out how to reliably reproduce the problem I'll log an issue at the project page on Github for chaorace to see.

16. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Are you referring to the 11/06 commit ("Adjusted citizen management icon transparency")? If you haven't changed those since that commit i find the transparency wayyyyyy to transparent. It's almost impossible for me to see what tiles are being worked. I would rather have smaller but non-transparent icons located under the yields rather than transparent once on top of the yields.

If you have changed something i'll have to learn how to keep my local git copy up to date :think:

17. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

I'm referring to the 10/07 commit with the SHA starting in faa6473. Use git pull to keep the files up to date if you're cloning them with git, or just download a new copy using the zip link.

18. Tipok

Tipok Chieftain

How return civ/tech popup enabled by default?

19. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

There's an option for this in the options menu (it's located above the minimap)

20. jadel

jadel Warlord

Not that I think its a big issue really, but I assume when he says "by default" thats what he actually means.

I was wanting the same thing but for enhanced controls.

I had a quick go at changing both but didnt succeed, im not very good at these things though.

Littlebob86 likes this.