CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. Brunoflip

Brunoflip Chieftain

In your github main page it shows a lot of options (like Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel) but when i download last version it doesn't show up. Just the older stuff. What am I doing wrong? (I also downloaded the master, but I got some bugs, I couldn't build Stonehenge. Every time i clicked on it, half the city view went missing and I couldn't make the wonder and when i pressed on the builder it worked but then I couldn't change my production until the builder was done).

2. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

It will be a feature in the future. For now I believe you can delete ProductionPanel.xml from the UI directory to get the old look back, haven't tested it myself and I think it may cause some weirdness with the unit icons, but it should be a good stopgap for now. I've been unable to reproduce your issue btw, could you include a save file so I can investigate?

Turns to pop growth / Amenities / Turns to border growth

v0.6 is stable and guaranteed to work well, but it doesn't yet have some of the new features in the nightly. The nightly does have all of the new features, but things like your stonehenge problem may be an issue. I've been unable to reproduce your issue in my tests, however, could you include a copy of your save file so I can investigate further?

3. Brunoflip

Brunoflip Chieftain

Turns out your mod is not compatible with ProductionQueue mod and that's why I was having problems. I deactivated it and now it works nice. Any chance to add that mod to yours or make them compatible?

4. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

The author of the production queue mod was originally going to just make it as a feature of CQUI, but it's such a useful addition that it was decided to release it standalone first and then port it to CQUI. I anticipate the porting process to be quite easy, but I'd like to wait a bit longer first for the mod to mature before I integrate it

5. gelodgreat

gelodgreat Prince

the mod has a bug. empty info box like when you have a delegation to other civ

6. jadel

jadel Warlord

It occured to me that my issues may be related to other mods not playing well, although I havent added anything new and I have played a lot of hours with the same mods and havent seen this before.

So, I have Slower Tech by era, Restart button, Unit report screen and AI+.

If you think its to do with those then disregard, if not ...

Deleting doesnt work. Refuses to even open the production panel without it.

Heres a save game just in case, check Washington for example has Great lighthouse.

Attached Files:

7. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

A few questions please!! Loving the work as well! :D

• How do I undo the changes you made to hiding the delete icon on units??

Any thoughts about implementing divine yuris mod so that you don't have the ugly little green numbers on the left of the city toolbars??

AAAnnnd, any chance in finding out how to make show yield default when starting a new game??

And when using your wasd key options, when I hit shift to edit the city, the shift is set to go to the next city? (Not sure I'm I'm getting mixed up with quick ui here in having shift bring up city manager screen)

SORRY AND THANK YOU!! :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  8. mnf

mnf King

Perhaps this should be done as an independent mod, but I'd just like to throw the idea out here: simplifying the passive diplomatic receptions, i.e. when the AI drops by and leaves a compliment or an insult. Or even include those that demand simple reactions and don't give access to the regular diplo info panels anyway, e.g. when you first meet and AI asks you to visit.

A mock-up:

Spoiler :

9. jlc22

jlc22 Chieftain

Great work Chaorace. I'm using most of the other mods that you've incorporated but was frustrated that I couldn't use both the production queue and Divine Yuri's mod (beyond my skills to make them work nice) so I'm pumped that you're spending the time to make them all work together. Next game I start I will be using your mod solely for UI tweaks. I hope Firaxis is keeping an eye on the work you and other modders are doing to make the game more enjoyable.

An eventual wish list item from me would be the AI quick turns options that were in EUI (turning AI animations off when at peace/war, etc.).

10. jadel

jadel Warlord

1) do you mean the changes so that the delete icon is openly displayed now? If so yeah I would like to hide that again too. Not a good change
    2) Divine yuris got implemented a couple of weeks ago... the "ugly" numbers are kind of the original point of the mod though, not sure if they are going away
    3) I dont understand this at all, just press Y its not difficult. I dont know why you are so interested in it.
    4) Shift is used here to switch between unit selection and city selection not to edit a city. Edit city is mouse click.

11. jadel

jadel Warlord

Bug report.

The issue with incorrect city details and city details not closing etc comes about when using "Enter" to go to next action. It requires multiple presses of Enter to get the correct result.

If mouse click is used this does not happen.

I assume the changed binding action is not associated with both.

Thanks

12. Brunoflip

Brunoflip Chieftain

While BTS does not get updated in your mod, how can I use it alone? If I delete the BTS folder in your mod folder and have the standalone version of BTS active, does it work properly?

13. jadel

jadel Warlord

This is the problem with including other mods.

Its awesome when its a mod that otherwise isnt compatible and it gets integrated but I cannot understand the point of including standalone mods into some sort of pack.

Personally I dont like a lot of the newer changes so I just use an older build and the standalone BTS which of course works perfectly.

14. Qwynn

Qwynn Chieftain

Is there an easy way the end-user could revert the changes to the Great Person screen? I play at 1440p and didn't have a scrolling issue to begin with, and the new version in CQUI is a little too cluttered for me. I looked around in folders a bit but didn't see anything that immediately seemed to control that screen, and I'd rather not screw anything up.

15. jadel

jadel Warlord

copy the original 2 GreatPeoplePopup files (xml and lua) from base>aseets>UI to the cqui folder overwrite both and reload your game.

16. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

This should be fixed in the latest nightly now, thanks for the report!

Unit Report Screen's been added now so you don't need to include it separately. You can keep using your save with both mods by removing the URS folder from CQUI

That change was a little dirtier than it needed to be, as it was one of my earlier tweaks. A minor rewrite of that feature as well as the option to turn it on/off will be available in the future

For now, one of the features for v0.7 release is going to be a quick way to dismiss dimple diplo prompts (no multi-choice) by right clicking. Something like a complete restructure of that interface is probably going to happen in the future, but no promises for now!

This could actually be a pretty simple change, thanks for bringing it up!

Yes, this has been reported and I'm looking into it.

BTS has been updated. I believe removing the BTS folder will enable you to separately install your own copy of BTS though!

Littlebob86 likes this.
  17. jlc22

jlc22 Chieftain

18. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler :

I can attest for this as well, no seen, or known problems. :scan:

19. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Is there any way I can make a change so that tech pop ups are on by default? I like them and I keep forgetting to turn them on every time I load a game.

Perhaps you can save the value (on/off) for future versions, so that the mod/game remember our choices?

\Skodkim

20. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See I have the other problem...I love the voice-over tech thing...but I forget to change out my policies. :wallbash:[pissed]:deadhorse:

Littlebob86 and Brunoflip like this.