CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

No. It's Windows 10.
Does your version number end in 38? If so, please update your copy of the game or follow the instructions from my link anyways

Oh wow I didn't see that it's not compatible with the patches. Sorry about that. I forgot how to read there for a sec. Where on Steam does it display the version number?

Oh wow I didn't see that it's not compatible with the patches. Sorry about that. I forgot how to read there for a sec. Where on Steam does it display the version number?
In-game menu summoned by pressing esc shows the version

First of all, thank you for this fantastic mod! :worship:

Now the issue.
With the nightly, Production Panel appears broken.
Scrollbar shows only if I collapse a section (wonders or buildings for instance) and expand it again.
Furthermore, icon and text of some items to build is shifted to the right, going outside the viewport.

Finally a question.
I come from Italy and would like to translate the mod in Italian.
I see a Chinese translation, I started to add Italian sentences to *_text*.xml files, I noticed some words are elsewhere, like in CityPanelOverview.xml

Are you planning to reorganize UI part of this mod to help translators do their job?

Last edited:
First of all, thank you for this fantastic mod! :worship:

Now the issue.
With the nightly, Production Panel appears broken.
Scrollbar shows only if I collapse a section (wonders or buildings for instance) and expand it again.
Furthermore, icon and text of some items to build is shifted to the right, going outside the viewport.

Finally a question.
I come from Italy and would like to translate the mod in Italian.
I see a Chinese translation, I started to add Italian sentences to *_text*.xml files, I noticed some words are elsewhere, like in CityPanelOverview.xml

Are you planning to reorganize UI part of this mod help translators do their job?

Thanks for helping translate! Any and all translation support is exceedingly useful and infinitely appreciated :D. As for your question: CityPanelOverview should be the only place where there's hardcoded English strings in CQUI. I was putting off fixing this since LOC support was broken until recently. I'll see about fixing this now that we're accepting translations, thanks for reminding me

Also, the issue you're experiencing should be fixed in the latest nightly, as I have recently reverted the responsible commit.

Last edited:
Great mod. It's my favourite. There are two issues that I'm having with it though.
1.The hotkey for "show grid" is broken. It seems to be the only one. I've even tried changing the key for it and it still doesn't work.
2.The new Great People Screen causes some information to be covered sometimes. It is the number of points that can be covered by the white clock symbol. I've noticed it will happen if the number is 3 digits and a decimal like 345.6. I wouldn't mind if you just gave told me how to revert to the old GP screen. But if you can fix it that's great.

Thanks!

Great mod. It's my favourite. There are two issues that I'm having with it though.
1.The hotkey for "show grid" is broken. It seems to be the only one. I've even tried changing the key for it and it still doesn't work.
2.The new Great People Screen causes some information to be covered sometimes. It is the number of points that can be covered by the white clock symbol. I've noticed it will happen if the number is 3 digits and a decimal like 345.6. I wouldn't mind if you just gave told me how to revert to the old GP screen. But if you can fix it that's great.

Thanks!
Are you using the most up to date version? I used to have this problem, but this was fixed a couple weeks ago.
I play at 1366*768 and the last great person on the right is partially out of bounds :/

aside from that the mod is awesome
Are you getting a scroll bar? It should allow you to scroll over to see the last one. Could you provide a screenshot of what yours looks like?

Loving most of the mod, but I really don't like the Civ 5 city interface--I actually prefer the Civ 6 version as it's not as constrained and I only have to look at what I want to see via button presses. Is there any way to disable this portion of the mod without disabling it entirely?

Loving most of the mod, but I really don't like the Civ 5 city interface--I actually prefer the Civ 6 version as it's not as constrained and I only have to look at what I want to see via button presses. Is there any way to disable this portion of the mod without disabling it entirely?

No, not for the foreseeable future

Are you getting a scroll bar? It should allow you to scroll over to see the last one. Could you provide a screenshot of what yours looks like?

thanks for the heads up, I missed the scrollbar :D

another minor issue I have is that sometimes the bottom tech in the "choose research" widget is out of bounds, but that might be an issue with vanilla

thanks for the heads up, I missed the scrollbar :D

another minor issue I have is that sometimes the bottom tech in the "choose research" widget is out of bounds, but that might be an issue with vanilla

I believe CQUI doesn't actually change anything about the little research sidebar, so that's very likely to be a vanilla issue

BTW, this may be intended, but the CQUI does not fix some or all the deadzones of edge-scrolling. For example, the unit and city panels do not allow you to edge-scroll. I am not sure if the standard CQUI solves the deadzones with the Action button or the Research/Civics panel on the top left, since I fixed the .xml of the base game myself and edge-scrolling still works for me even with CQUI on.

The way I "fix" them is to give an offset of 2 pixels to the unit/city panels, and to disable "ConsumeMouse" for the Action button and the Research/civics panel. The game then allows me to scroll everywhere unless there are big full-screen panels on the left/right side of the screen.

I don't know if this behavior is desirable for other players, although it is the closest I could get to Civ V edge-scrolling. If it is desirable, I suggest that the same "fix" be applied to the unit/city panels in CQUI.

No, not for the foreseeable future

Fair enough, while it's unfortunate because there was nothing truly wrong with the Civ 6 city UI from a UX perspective, I understand the reasoning after reading your reply to the ticket about this on Github. In the future I recommend running major UI changes like this by someone with experience in UX.

Actually, I solved that already. The deadzones I mentioned exist even after changing the scrollzone offset. The reason why you can't scroll to the bottom right, for example, is because the wooden backing of the Action button "consumes" your mouse, so to speak, that your mouse does not interact with the rest of the UI when hovered over that area. There are two ways to fix this kind of problem:

1. Disable the ConsumeMouse in the relevant .xml file. This works as desired for me for the Tech/Civics panel and the Action button. However, there are problems with unit/city panels that causes your clicks to go through the visible panels if you do not put your mouse directly above clickable elements.

2. Set an offset value for the panels. Make it so that they do not overlap with the scrollzone. For example, as I enable edge-scrolling for 2 pixels from each edge of the screen, I move the relevant panels 2 pixels from the edge so that the mouse is not consumed at the edge. For some panels this may look ugly, but for the unit/city panels it's unnoticeable.

I am just proposing this fix as a part of the CQUI if it is deemed a desirable behavior to have no deadzones when scrolling. I know that the unit/city panels still block edge-scrolling in CQUI.

Are you using the most up to date version? I used to have this problem, but this was fixed a couple weeks ago.

Thanks you for your reply. I downloaded the daily on Jan 12, and the problem with the Great people screen is gone. However, the issue with the hotkey for Grid still remains.
There is another bug I noticed after this mod update. It has to do with encampment banners randomly appearing on the map (see screenshot below). This only started to happen after I updated the mod on Jan 12.
20170113135703_1.jpg

Top Bottom