CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

I started playing Civ VI a few weeks ago. I played half a game before getting frustrated by the vanilla UI and searched here and found this mod. It is amazing and makes the game actually playable without giving myself carpal tunnel syndrome from all the unnecessary clicks.

As a result, I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is a normal part of the game, but it feels like a bug. Sometimes after exiting a city screen, the left hand side continues on and I think it blocks some actions. To resolve it, I generally go into a city screen again and Esc. I'm not sure how and why it happens, or what is causing it, whether it is a bug, or whether I am doing something wrong.

Any help appreciated.

Did anyone notice a severe slowdown with the latest update? Playing near the end of my game last night, clicking on citizens to 'lock' was taking several seconds each. Also, recently captures cities kept coming up on the production needed prompt when I had already queued a number of repair projects.
Can you upload a savefile? The latest update didn't change anything in "locking" citizens.

IIRC, you have to enable that in the options every game, it is not turned on by default.
There is no option to turn off 50% research notification in CQUI settings. It's always on.

Sometimes after exiting a city screen, the left hand side continues on and I think it blocks some actions. To resolve it, I generally go into a city screen again and Esc. I'm not sure how and why it happens, or what is causing it, whether it is a bug, or whether I am doing something wrong.
It's a bug. But the team can't reproduce it to fix it. Any information about when it definitely happens and/or adding a savefile would be useful.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice a severe slowdown with the latest update? Playing near the end of my game last night, clicking on citizens to 'lock' was taking several seconds each. Also, recently captures cities kept coming up on the production needed prompt when I had already queued a number of repair projects.

I haven't noticed a slowdown any more than normal in the late game, but now that you mention it I did have the issue of the production needed prompt after having repairs queued in a newly captured city -- I thought I was just doing something weird but apparently it's not just me. :)

This is an auto save from near the end of my game. Not sure if it will demonstrate the slow lock clicks or the production queue bug.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0215.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
It appears the problem with the scenarios' production panel lies in the productionpanel.lua at the line that reads
if(item.Hash == GameInfo.Units["UNIT_SPY"].Hash) then
The spy unit is deleted in all of the existing scenarios, IIRC. So, a check for nil is needed to skip the whole spy block.

Hi guys, first post on the forums. Wanted to start by saying thanks for all the work you've put in to the UI.

For some reason I'm having a strange problem on my new laptop. I can't open the civic/tech trees and the UI seems to have gone slightly odd. I'll post a picture:

As the trees naturally advance the pictures will change but the turns remain at 33. It's also randomly displaying nuclear arsenal count in the top bar. I did a google search and found one other person asking the same thing on Steam but I think it got lost in all the comments etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, try it one more time then. But don't wait for 10-20 turns to completely build a wonder because at this time you can get lack of amenities and lose production for example. It's enough to wait for 1 or 2 turns and then calculate production panel's progress. You will see you have this bonus ;)

I've attached my save this time. I'm in autocracy and I have the 15% wonder policy. My city is making 22 hammers, but should be multiplied by 1.25 for both bonuses. There are 347 hammers needed to complete the wonder. 347 divided by 27.5 is 13 turns. But it's taking 14 turns, which is what you would expect if you only had the 15% policy.
PS. (In case there is a problem loading the save): I have all DLC disabled except the mod and the Aztecs. I've also disabled all Firaxis scenarios and I've never had any other non-Firaxis mods.

Attachments

• MONTEZUMA No wonder bonus.Civ6Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
This is an auto save from near the end of my game. Not sure if it will demonstrate the slow lock clicks or the production queue bug.
I don't see any slowdown when lock citizens here. Regarding Production queue, there is already an issue to overhaul PQ in CQUI issue tracker.

The spy unit is deleted in all of the existing scenarios, IIRC. So, a check for nil is needed to skip the whole spy block.
Thanks, need to check this out.

I can't open the civic/tech trees and the UI seems to have gone slightly odd.
Disable mods that conflict with CQUI.

I'm in autocracy and I have the 15% wonder policy. My city is making 22 hammers, but should be multiplied by 1.25 for both bonuses. There are 347 hammers needed to complete the wonder. 347 divided by 27.5 is 13 turns. But it's taking 14 turns, which is what you would expect if you only had the 15% policy.
Well, now I see that production panel shows wrong values when calculating turns to complete projects. The same as in Vanilla. It doesn't count some player's bonuses. But these bonuses still exist. For example it's 73's turn in your game and you have 53.4 = 53 gears. On next turn you have 53.4 + 22*1.25 = 80.9 = 81 gears. And in fact it takes only 13 turns to complete your wonder - it finishes on a 86's turn.

Last edited:
Hi. Check it one more time. CQUI doesn't show nuclear devices on the 1'st turn. What game version and CQUI version do you use?

Ok then you need to:
1) Update to the latest game version 1.0.0.129
2) Update to the latest CQUI nightly
3) Disable mods that conflict with CQUI

I would like to see the [possible] adjacency bonuses for disticts after the districts have been placed. It could help with deciding where to place/remove stuff. It can be quick to overlook sometimes.
Is there a way to add something that shows the adjacency bonuses for disticts after they're placed, like in the way we see when we're about to place a district?

Regarding the questions about slowdown, I had a major memory leak recently that might have been caused by this mod (it's the only one I'm running that isn't purely XML-based). After loading the game, it would consistently slow down over the course of ~30 turns and then finally freeze. When I opened task manager the memory usage was slowly ticking up until it was at 80%, at which point I force killed the task.

Not sure if it's related to CQUI or not, but the past week or so, my builder suggestion no longer work. I can turn them on manually, but when my worker is selected, no suggestions are displayed. :(

Top Bottom