1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CT6 - Just another Emperor SG

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Chieftess, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

She's normally in the chat, I'll try to get her attention to play the save.

2. Riccett

Riccett Chieftain

I'd say if you can't get any word from her, to go on to the next player and just skip her this round. She might be having some computer problems or what not. But anyways, probably be best to just skip her this round and the next person can run with it.

3. Scop

Scop Chieftain

I think that would be a good idea; it has been almost two weeks.

Actually... if you're up to it, Riccett, maybe you can take the turn we were going to skip? Anyone have any objections to that? Poor Riccett hasn't had many turns yet after all.

4. DeceasedHorse

DeceasedHorse Prince

sounds good to me

5. mudfoot

mudfoot Tytlal

I'm lurking in a few SG and I just happened to see a reply from Chieftess on LK61 - AWM, Inca.

Maybe she kind off forgot about you guys??? ;)

6. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

You guys are going to have to skip me this round, don't have C3C with me.

7. Scop

Scop Chieftain

*shrug*... well... Riccett might still be moving, and thus would be unable to play right now. Chieftess isn't around, and may or may not have forgotten about the game. Strider's unavailable to play at the moment... I guess that would make it DH's turn, eh? I propose that we go with that, unless someone else becomes available between now and the time DH can get turns in.

It's been so long I'm trying to remember exactly what's going on in the game... :undecide:

8. Riccett

Riccett Chieftain

I am just about done moving, just have a couple big things to left to move. Problem is, I don't have internet access at home yet, so I am currently using a friends comp to jump on the web every couple days. I will be able to check again in the next day or 2 and if nobody has taken it yet, I will dl it to a floppy and play. DH, if you get it before I check in again, just make sure you leave a "got it" so I know to wait.

Riccett

9. Scop

Scop Chieftain

I've been checking the thread daily but no one's said anything for awhile.... anyone? Anything?

I'd hate to have to fork the game in order for it to go anywhere.

10. DeceasedHorse

DeceasedHorse Prince

<raises thread from the dead> I'll take it tonight or tommorrow. PM'd Chieftess as well.

11. DeceasedHorse

DeceasedHorse Prince

Preturn: Set science to 0, GPT to +23. We will get currency as soon as the GL completes anyway, so further research is kind of pointless. Troops loaded into our invasion flotilla.

IBT: Russia wants peace. No dice, comrade! Russian Galleys sail by.

Turn 1: Galley spots a fair number of Russian troops fortified west of Moscow; it will take them a bit to reach our projected landing site near Novgorod. Six swords dropped off.

IBT: We lose 2 swords, kill one archer while defending. One of the swords, a full health vet, was KILLED BY A WARRIOR. Argh. 3 commie elite archers are in attack range. Russian Archer/spear pair dropped off on our land.

Turn 2: Great Libary completed, Carthaginians build the Great Wall, Byzantines build the Hanging Gardens. Both also start work on Sun Tzu's....Swords evacuated. The revolution begins; we get a six-turn anarchy :mad: We are going to have a hell of a difficult anarchy; many cities s are starving and some will be forced to riot or lose pop. Start one scientest research on engineering

IBT: Our spear holds off the Ruskie archer. Feudalism, Currency, and Monarchy all pop out of the Great Library.

Turn 3: Not much

Turn 4: Not much-just trying to keep our cities going.

Turn 5: Sell Code of Laws to the Vikings for 130 gold.

Turn 6: Upgrade a bunch of swords to MDI. Sell Republic to the Carthaginians for 3Gpt and 50 gold (The price has been dropping, so he must be researching it)

IBT: Vikings want an alliance versus Hannibal. No, we are having enough trouble as it is.

Turn 7: Nothing happens.

IbT: Russian spear raiders dropped off. Army right next door. Anarchy ends next turn. You do the math.

Turn 8: We become a monarchy. Our unit support and need for MP's make this a neccesity. Chichen Izta hits 15 spt and Tikal both hit 15 spt. Elite sword wacks ruskie spear, army kills the archer and we enter our golden age! Time to build up some pikes to cover our invasion, as well as set up some libraries, marketplaces, ect. Chichen starts the Heroic Epic, due in 9.

Turn 9: Not much.

Turn 10: Buildin' up.

Summary: We down only monotheism, to the Byzantines. The Vikings are losing ground to the Carthaginians. With Pikes on our side, our MDI should have a good chance of finally subduing Russia.
    The save

12. Scop

Scop Chieftain

Alright, well... normally it would be my turn next, but we skipped a lot of people... any one of those people able to play, or should I go?

13. Scop

Scop Chieftain

With such an overwhelming response... how can I refuse my turn? :p. I've changed the format a little; just bolded the dates of the turns so one can more easily see the flow of the writeup.

Pre-Turn: Perhaps we should have gone feudal instead? Unit support is a killer right now! Hopefully, not for too much longer. Everything looks decent. Let's let 'er rip.

IBT: Russian galley movements, no landings.

370 AD (1): Copan: Rax->Pike, Tikal: Library->Pike. Gonna need a lot of pikes to get some landing parties going. Some basic moves, nothing fancy.

IBT: More galley movements. These continue on every turn while Russia tries to find a hole in our defenses.

380 AD (2): Lagerto: Horse->Horse. Not sure why we're making horses at this stage, but I'll continue, since they can be of good use.

IBT: Russia lands two archer/spear pairs by Copan. Hmm, not too well defended, but there's some units in the area.

390 AD (3): Palenque: Library->Pike, Tikal: Pike->Pike. At Tikal I disband the two warriors (rather rebuild than upgrade regulars for 90 gold each!) and MM so that the next pike comes in 1. Still okay on happiness.

Attack the landing party with a horse... vet spear goes to 2 but the horse has to back off. Rests in Copan. The Elite sword that was resting at Chichen was in the area, and he defeats the other spear with loss of one point. The elite archer is visible, so I should take this shot. Regular sword at Copan takes a point, but wins. 2 point spear is visible... just it and a vet archer.

IBT: Of all the rotten luck... our elite sword gets killed by the archer... barely. Spear pillages, of course. More galley movement.

400 AD (4): Lazapa, Copan, Tikal: Pike->Pike.

But wait! The archer is gone. Must have been disbanded? Only had one health anyway. Disband a reg warrior/spear at Lazapa and now the next pike is in 3. Hate to do all this disbanding but unit supporting being what it is I feel it's the best choice. Can't kill the spear just yet, but will be able to next turn when the units are at full.

IBT: More galley movement... a dromon off the east coast goes in and out of view... spear moves to pillage again.

410 AD (5): Palenque: Pike->Rax, Yax,Bonampak: Library->Pike. Prolly should have some cities start making more MDI also.

Well, we don't have to worry about the spear pillaging, because it's gone now, too. I'll get some workers up there to repair the irrigation. I move the SW galley to observe that forest square I tried to use before.

IBT: Lots of spear movement in Russia. I hope that's all they have, because then the landing will be easy :).

420 AD (6): Lagerto: Horse->Horse, Tikal: Pike->MDI (makes MDI in 2 turns!), Copan: Pike->Pike. Rallying toward Lazapa.

IBT: Spear/Archer pair lands near Quirigua. Spear movement in Russia.

430 AD (7): Chichen: Heroic Epic->MDI. Copan expands. Quirigua: Courthouse->Pike. Lazapa: Pike->MDI (no wasted shields this way).

Quirigua needs some help, so I'll send some horses that way... likely it won't fall, because the archer is probably gonna get disbanded again.

IBT: Elite archer loses to our regular spearman, how tragic.

440 AD (8): Copan: Pike->Pike, Palenque: Rax->Pike (Sun Tzu? I think not, silly advisor), Tikal: MDI->MDI, Yax: Pike, ?: Pike->Pike (forgot who here, sorry :( ), Bonampak: Pike->MDI, Calakmul: Library->MDI, Kaminaljuyu: Granary->Catapult.

The spear by Quirigua is gone, and it didn't even pillage, how thoughtful. I've been checking the advisor, and... "Compared to [Russia], we have an average military." Ah ha! We're better than the Viking Monarchy (and man, are they getting hammered!), weak to the Carthagian Republic, and strong to the Byzantine Anarchy. I'll be sure to check on them to see which way they go. 65 units, 30 allowed... the next person should attack, and they will have some strong forces.

In the mean time, I'm working on getting rid of older units when possible. I think I'll switch Lagerto to MDIs from Horses, so it's not churning out units as fast. Moving some warriors around for garrison and extra defense. I switch Palenque to a marketplace, because we need money and we have enough pikes in construction for now.

IBT: The Russians land an archer (alone) by Quirigua.

450 AD (9): Chichen: MDI->MDI. Palace expansion... I give us a front door :).

The archer apparently got scared and disappeared. Poor Russia... they're going to collapse from the arms race like they did in 1992 all over again.

IBT: Archer/Spear lands by Quirigua.

460 AD (10): Copan: Pike->Pike. Palenque expands. Tikal: MDI->MDI, Yax: Pike->Pike, Lagerto: MDI->MDI, Quirigua: Pike->Rax.

The landed archer is overcome with the plague again. I attempt to take out the spear with a horse... only do one damage though. At least if it does pillage, we're okay on production there. Send the other horse that way to help stave off furthur attempts. Rallying toward Lazapa. I note the Byzantines went to Republic. Also, they still have that board with India close to Constantinople. Ragnar's down to 5 cities.

Summary: Russia is brave, but foolish. I think the next player can really hurt them; they can't even afford their military anymore. Lazapa has 8 MDI, 3 pikes and a settler, with more on the way. Most of our cities are currently churning out Pikes at 2 or 3 turns each... but that won't last forever. If necessary, take some of the garrison units (like the army at Palenque, for example) and send them on in. Have 5 galleys at Lazapa still, and the 6th one by Russia which still have movement points. Russia's even in anarchy right now. I note they can't have Monarchy though (no mysticism)... so they're going to be losing a lot of troops soon from support. This is going to be easy. We currently have 70 units and only 30 allowed. Palenque can switch to an MDI with no extra shield loss if that's what's best. In any case, I've attached the save.

14. DeceasedHorse

DeceasedHorse Prince

I witnessed the same disappearing-unit phenomenae as well, but just assumed that they had snuck on back onto the Russian galleys when I wasn't paying attention.:lol:

15. Scop

Scop Chieftain

Bah, is it going to take another month before someone plays the next turn? :( I was kinda hoping to finish this game up so that I could upgrade to 1.22 (which invalidates previous saved games IIRC). Anyone out there?