Dating Advice (from Random Rants 93)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the same
Remember when you felt like racing her represented a step?

When you can answer this question without a "probably," you'll have taken another step (and a bigger one).

You're young enough that groks.

I disagree with being funny is not a determining factor, but I agree with the quoted line above. Yes, I know it's your personal experience, but if you already make them laugh, talk about deep topics with them and all of that I don't understand how that can be trumped with someone who looks handsome or smarter, whom a good population of them may turn their advantages into disadvantages by being so full of themselves, so it's not really a determining factor as being a good and charming conversationist.

How got that trumped? My self-confidence in terms of relations has never been good, girls I was into did not like that and got frienzoned.
So, you can be the guy who makes them laugh, but for going-out-purpouse, they may be looking for other "features", or they may not.
My point is that each girl has one interests, and the rule "make them laugh", does not work for every human being.

humor is effective/helpful pretty consistently, but it's also true that it's not sufficient by itself pretty much ever.

i stand by the assertion that if you work to get someone who will dump a so for you before either resolving their issues or breaking up normally...you will then be dating someone who dumps their so for someone "better". good luck remaining the biggest fish in the pond you're in! though it's probably early enough that having it go bad will just feel bad for a little while.

When at track practice, the two of us were doing hurdles. I accidentally hurt my leg when doing so, causing the coach to make me hop over a cone 10 times. That's a bad reprensentation.

Clipped your trailing knee? 110m highs or 300m intermediate setting?

If you run hurdles in meets, that trailing one knee gets scraped a lot and you get used to it. If you're bleeding just a little at the end of race, sometimes the cute track girls will fuss over bandaging you up. At least in my experience. ;)

If you run hurdles in meets, that trailing one knee gets scraped a lot and you get used to it. If you're bleeding just a little at the end of race, sometimes the cute track girls will fuss over bandaging you up. At least in my experience. ;)
I scraped myself a bit (no blood), and after hopping over the cone went to stretching. After doing that, I spent 1 hour and 30 minutes buying flowers for my sister, who had a musical performance that night, and I watched it. It was hilarious how the person who DMs me (dungeon master for a campaign I am in) was sitting next to my sister on a "flying carpet" (I forgot to mention she was Jasmine in our school's musical "Aladdin". She and the dungeon master are one grade below me, but I had to watch.

Earlier that day I was talking to the person who was playing Aladdin (my friend and the dungeon master) when we came by the girl and two of her friends. I didn't say anything, but just blushed and continued talking.

Good on you for being a big brother like that.

Hope you get a taste for hurdles! Hurdles are cool.

How got that trumped? My self-confidence in terms of relations has never been good, girls I was into did not like that and got frienzoned.
So, you can be the guy who makes them laugh, but for going-out-purpouse, they may be looking for other "features", or they may not.
My point is that each girl has one interests, and the rule "make them laugh", does not work for every human being.
The quality highlighted here is the self confidence, not necessarily the being funny. Why does this guy have w riff?
Spoiler :
GettyImages-1357367667.jpg

I scraped myself a bit (no blood), and after hopping over the cone went to stretching. After doing that, I spent 1 hour and 30 minutes buying flowers for my sister, who had a musical performance that night, and I watched it. It was hilarious how the person who DMs me (dungeon master for a campaign I am in) was sitting next to my sister on a "flying carpet" (I forgot to mention she was Jasmine in our school's musical "Aladdin". She and the dungeon master are one grade below me, but I had to watch.

Earlier that day I was talking to the person who was playing Aladdin (my friend and the dungeon master) when we came by the girl and two of her friends. I didn't say anything, but just blushed and continued talking.
How did you spend 90 minutes buying flowers?

When you walked by her was there any eye contact?

Last edited:
I’d like dating advice but I’m too embarrassed to admit it publicly here since people know who I am.

Girls are much chooser than boys and if you're the wrong in her eyes you can do no right (whereas some douche she likes can do no wrong).

Much better to narrow down to 3 or 4 girls who might like you and go for one of them than chase the wrong one.

When at track practice, the two of us were doing hurdles. I accidentally hurt my leg when doing so, causing the coach to make me hop over a cone 10 times. That's a bad reprensentation.
Nobody's perfect. How you deal w mishaps is more important than being flawless

Girls are much chooser than boys and if you're the wrong in her eyes you can do no right (whereas some douche she likes can do no wrong).
Popping back in to emphasise how much advice like this should be completely ignored. Regardless of who posts it.

The difference in ease of meeting people leading to romance in a hometown vs a tourist spot is staggering.

Popping back in to emphasise how much advice like this should be completely ignored. Regardless of who posts it.
You disagree that if you are deemed attractive your flaws or bad behavior are more easily forgiven, and if deemed unattractive, the same behaviors or flaws are then judged negatively?

You disagree that if you are deemed attractive your flaws or bad behavior are more easily forgiven, and if deemed unattractive, the same behaviors or flaws are then judged negatively?

Girls are not choosier than boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom