David Blaine to live underwater for a week

flaming_iles

Warlord
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4942002.stm

Magician David Blaine has announced plans to spend seven days submerged in a water-filled container in New York.

The illusionist, who spent 44 days in a glass box for a starvation stunt in London in 2003, will use lines giving nutrition and air to stay alive.

After one week, he will remove his air supply and attempt to break the world record for holding breath.

Blaine, 33, endured a 62-hour stint sealed in an ice block in New York's Times Square in 2003.

The magician will enter an 8ft (2.5m) high water-filled sphere on 1 May and remain submerged for a week.

Organisers say they want fans and well-wishers "to visit, touch the sphere and offer words of support".

Before climbing out of the tank, located at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Blaine will try to break the record for holding breath, currently set at eight minutes 58 seconds.

Blaine's London stunt, in which he was suspended in a glass box by the river Thames, saw him heckled by crowds.

His box was also hit by missiles including golf balls and eggs.

Blaine's spokesman Pat Smith said the magician did not expect to receive similar attacks in the star's "home town".

He said: "Anytime he's done anything in New York, the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive.

"New Yorkers are cool about this kind of thing."

Blaine is to get a two-way audio link, allowing the media to interview him during the challenge.

Insane is all I can say :crazyeye:

Are visitors allowed to pinch his air line? :mischief:

If it's not a trick (and it could well be of course) then I admire his mental fortitude. Although he may come across as a bit luny, his general message - despite the trickery - is that the human mind is capable of way more than we believe it is. That's to be applauded imho.

I saw some documentary on the ice thing, and apparently it's all a trick, somehow they manage to switch the guy, but what do I know? Should be hard, but not impossible to do:)

[homer] mmmmm, mermaids.... [/homer]

When he is sued for sexual harassment his solution was to live under the sea.

"Under the sea, there'll be no accusations, just friendly crusteans under the sea." This is sing to the tune "Under the sea, which is from the little Mermaid"

We all know what a big mermaid is called. ;)

classical_hero said:
A little mermaid is Ariel thus a Big mermaid is Areola.
:lol: Good one.

If we're lucky, maybe he'll get sucked into a pipe like the crab in that video somebody posted a few months ago.

Bozo Erectus said:
If we're lucky, maybe he'll get sucked into a pipe like the crab in that video somebody posted a few months ago.

Oh, man, and I'd pretty much forgotten about that one... If that wasn't the pictorial definition of the word "perverse" then I don't know what is... :lol:

IglooDude said:
Oh, man, and I'd pretty much forgotten about that one... If that wasn't the pictorial definition of the word "perverse" then I don't know what is... :lol:
Can you believe I actually found it? Must be very popular.

http://burningsmell.org/crab/

So there you go, just subsitute Blaine for the crab:crazyeye:

If he is in a sphere filled with water with only a line for air and nutrients, he would surely die without cheating. The human skin needs to breathe too, as well as his corneas.

Rambuchan said:
If it's not a trick (and it could well be of course) then I admire his mental fortitude.

If it is a trick I admire another fortitude of his for lying to so many people.

IglooDude said:
What say you and me get together and come up with something worse? :mischief:

Top Bottom