1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gruekiller

Gruekiller Back From The Beyond

2. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Well I do declare, this is one marvelous piece of code:

Found it in the Mongoose SDK. A fix for the Flood Plains disappearing problem. Found in CvCity.cpp:

Original BTS:
    Code:
    CyArgsList argsList;
    	argsList.add(iX);
    	argsList.add(iY);
    	long lResult=0;
    	gDLL->getPythonIFace()->callFunction(PYGameModule, "citiesDestroyFeatures", argsList.makeFunctionArgs(), &lResult);

if (lResult == 1)
    	{{
    			pPlot->setFeatureType(NO_FEATURE);
    		}
    	}

changed to:

Code:
    CyArgsList argsList;
    	argsList.add(iX);
    	argsList.add(iY);
    	long lResult=0;
    	gDLL->getPythonIFace()->callFunction(PYGameModule, "citiesDestroyFeatures", argsList.makeFunctionArgs(), &lResult);

if (lResult == 1)
    	{
    		//
    		// Mongoose FloodPlainsFix BEGIN
    		//
    		if ((pPlot->getFeatureType() != NO_FEATURE) && (pPlot->getFeatureType() != (FeatureTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_MUSHROOMS")) && (pPlot->getFeatureType() != (FeatureTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_FLOOD_PLAINS")))
    		//
    		// Mongoose FloodPlainsFix END
    		//
    		{
    			pPlot->setFeatureType(NO_FEATURE);
    		}
    	}

This is definitely going into Synthesis.

Which means....?

3. jammerculture

jammerculture Prince

very cool

Here IS MY SAVE FROM MY PREVIOUS POST, ROMAN up CRASH BUG (lol can you hear me?!)

As well a python error during Byzantine spawn\

By jammerculture at 2011-03-06

arrrggh never mind still wont let me upload

4. Gruekiller

5. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Ah :lol:

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Thanks! There's just the question if the floodplains' additional food is still added to the city tile when it stays (somehow I suspect this ...).

No need to shout, I can hear you from here :D

Thanks for the exception screenie, I hope they get this forum fixed soon so I can check out your save.

7. Gruekiller

Besides, Qart-Gadir and Lixus can be pretty good cities if you let 'em grow for a while. :lol:

8. jammerculture

jammerculture Prince

it appears I may have been playing without all the latest updates. I had renamed the folder the SVN was going into and did a clean install of 1.7. However the SVN was still going into the original folder. Hopefully I haven't had you chasing ghosts.

9. dcode147

dcode147 Warlord

Do the ivory and wheat disappear at a certain year? I still see them in 3000BC start, but not for the AD600 start.

EDIT 4 quick suggestions I can't count :p
    - Benghazi kinda sucks as a city for gameplay right now. Moving the fish near Sparta 1S, would make that resource more useful to more cities.
    - Is it possible to make all the ivory in North Africa (the one next to Tripoli in 3000BC and the Morocco one) disappear by certain year? (if that's not the case right now)
    - Also it is okay to leave the wheat by Tripoli until a certain year? (that way it would actually be worth it for Phoenicians to found a city around there in North Africa. Plus it would be historical since Africa was the breadbasket of Rome)
    - Can you remove Barbarian elephant archer spawns after 200AD (at the latest)? Barb elephants are unhistorical and the cause of too many cities razed in North Africa.

10. J. pride

J. pride King

Leoreth, do i hav to download the svn once i download version 1.71. cuz once i say yes it tranfers more 100+ mbs. Can u just elaborate on the svns

11. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

I BELIEVE that's the case, although that isn't an issue right?

For a long while... a really loooonnnggg while...:old:

They are preplaced in the 3000 BC start, but not the 600 AD start.

Indeed. It seems unfair our ivory disappears in N. Africa but the barbs still get it.

12. JiimBV

JiimBV Afro Samurai

Just out of curiousity, what is the SVN thing I keep reading about?

13. Gruekiller

14. J. pride

J. pride King

Ok so just a few comments on resources:

1) You should probably put the wheat in Tripoli back but move the fish one tile north east. The reason i say this is because you have to consider Tunis. If the Arabs found Tunis or later when u add a Berber Tunis; Tripoli will be deprived of resources. But if u move the fish north east only Tunis will have access to the fish; while Tarbulus will have wheat in the place of fish.
    2) Move the stone in Baghdad one tile west.

Oh and regarding the Byzantine Spearmen. I didn't test how the arabs do with their addition yet. But a good way to solve the problem would be that the spearmen don't get any bonus against the camel archers. I did some research and found that the early Arabs were good skirmishers and usually didn't engage in direct combat. Anyways camel archers are still archer so they wouldn't engage in melee combat against spearmen

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

1. Well these cities are supposed to suck (there was nothing important going on there in post-Arab history).
    2. Yeah, that's definitely planned.
    3. Ditto.
    4. Ditto :D

It's explained in the FAQ in the first post of this thread what SVN is and how you can use it.

16. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Fixed, sorry for the poor copypasta

Why not just give camel archers a shock promotion off the bat?

17. Gatsby

Gatsby King

This question has probably been asked already, but: if I have the previous version of the mod (e.g. 1.7) and want to upgrade to 1.71, is there a patch I can download or do I have to re-download the whole mod?

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

No, sorry, I was lazy and thought it didn't matter in the days of widespread fast internet access. Mea culpa :(

19. J. pride

J. pride King

So is there anything specific u need feedback on? (wat can i help u with)

Before i told u some ideas on Byzantine and Arabs but wat are u focusing on now?

20. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

"fast internet?" mine was only 150KB/s until a month ago (now it is 300KB/s)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.