1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Turk

The Turk Deity

1) Whats the alternative? And yes they are important respawns, especially Persia.

2) Ya, now that the curse has been broken, I thought we're able to add another religion!

3) Israel would occupy one city (or half a city), and would therefore not be a viable option for another civ, like the Koreans at this point would.

2. Nolan08

Nolan08 Warlord

I guess that's probably true, at least on Rhye's and Fall's original map.

Still, I think it'd be cool :)

3. ilduce349

ilduce349 (Financial, Philo)

So many questions, who has the answers?

4. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Leoreth? lol

5. smile286

smile286 Chieftain

The game keeps crashing for me playing as Vikings.

Few turns later - and crash...
    Here is the save...

Attached Files:

6. OldGuard

OldGuard Chieftain

It's more than likely it's related to the Persian respawn bug. If you search this thread, you'll find many others who experienced it (including me :sad:). The upcoming patch will hopefully fix this but for now the only way to play this mod without crashing at ~1500AD is to play the SVN version, ironic as that seems. The first page of this thread will help you install the SVN version.

If you don't want to play the SVN version, there should be post mentioned somewhere in this thread that tells you how to simply remove the respawns. You'll have to remove the Italian respawn and the Byzantine respawn while removing the CTD Persian respawn.

7. azander12

azander12 Chieftain

I've downloaded the SVN version and its still crashing.. Any ideas?

8. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

if you are really desperate you could always try using a past version with the svn without the Persian respawn.

9. jammerculture

jammerculture Prince

Oh where oh where has our Leoreth gone
    Oh where oh where could he be?

Btw, I'm blaming you Turk lol

for those of you experiencing crashes, one of Leoreth's last responses (maybe four or so pages ago) gave details on how to disable the respawns.

10. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Its something called "University Exams" FOOL :lol:
    And to the rest of you, don't call me "Turk", its "THE Turk" ;)

Leoreth will be back when he's done....

11. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Be glad you haven't been labelled Mohammedan, Seljuk filth or slaughterer of Armenians

12. The Turk

The Turk Deity

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if you were trying to be funny, or just plain racist and rude? :dubious:

13. jammerculture

jammerculture Prince

Naw man. He's playing that real life game again.

Stupid game.

And not sure if you knew I was joking or not, but if I decide to call you clown, don't worry I wont forget to call you THE clown lol

to quote Leoreth "What are you, his agent?"

14. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Yes, I knew you were joking; Civ_King on the other hand has shown himself to be quite...

Anyway, I'm just saying that Leoreth is probably busy with school (as we all know he goes to University), so like everyone else around this time, he is probably taking exams, and therefore he'll return when he's done. Its called deductive reasoning my friend ;)

15. civ_king

Extremely bitter sarcasm. I've actually been called all those things before and worse. Sometimes you should realize that things can be worse, far worse. Ever been beaten to the point you need hospitalization because people thought you might be Arab? Ever had people try to light you on fire? Ever had people smash glass bottles on you? There are some of us who indubitably have it far worse than you will ever experience. So before you complain that someone forgot "the" in your screen name think of much better than you have it than some.

16. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Ok, calm down bro; all I meant by that comment to jammerculture was that my name sounds better as The Turk, but if you don't want to call me that, thats fine, as it was a joke, we don't need to get all hysterical about this :rolleyes:

17. jammerculture

jammerculture Prince

We need an update! The forum is starting to tear itself apart!

@civ king, my first halloween that I was allowed to go out without my parents, some big kids shot fireworks at me and lit my skeletor costume on fire. :eek:

@ THE Turk, for some reason I can't insert the "the" into your name when I am speaking at you, it just seems weird to me, so if I am talking to civ king and I say "I think the Turk overreacts" it makes sense, but if I was to say "you overreact The Turk" it just seems awkward which is why I leave it out

:mischief:

As far as knowing that it could be worse, I haven't been able to play a decent game of civ since before Christmas! This forum is the only link I have to my favorite game of all time. I have been forced to play x-box for gods sake!

18. The Turk

The Turk Deity

ITS FINE, if you don't want to insert the "the" in my username; I thought the winkie was enough to tell you that I was joking. Also how on earth was I overreacting? And to what? Civ_Kings abusive comment?
    You know funnily enough, I have never in my life been discriminated against, until I joined the CFC forum. Not in Turkey for being half Christian, or in East Asia for being Turkish. That is how terrible this forum is, but as you said jammerculture, I enjoy Civ4 too much to care, and I'd rather not play CoD all over again ;)

19. AOS9001

AOS9001 Slightly over 9000.

I think everyone needs to chill out. Civ_King should take a lesson in the power of friendship too. Jammerculture is right (and I think he was using "overreaction" as an example, the Turk, not saying you actually were). It's just the internet people, no need to get uppity. My two cents.

Anyways, we've all got a mod to focus on here, not pointless bickering.

20. civ_king

:confused: How are you "half" Christian?

AOS9001, due to traumatic scaring as a child I'm not actually sure if I am capable of friendship

We seriously need an update, we are going crazy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.