Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Leoreth: Could u please tell me where I can find changing or adding unit spawns for certain civs? I want to spawn Chinese and Arabian units on certain tiles or at a certain date, Would it be possible?

And does it require the same mechanic as what you did with Arabian units in Cairo?

Help appreaciated

Anyway I think a better solution would be to remove all missionaries except for Christianity and Islam. They're the only proselytic religions in the game as far as I know.

Anyway I think a better solution would be to remove all missionaries except for Christianity and Islam. They're the only proselytic religions in the game as far as I know.

you need Buddhism too.

@ Leoreth: Could u please tell me where I can find changing or adding unit spawns for certain civs? I want to spawn Chinese and Arabian units on certain tiles or at a certain date, Would it be possible?

And does it require the same mechanic as what you did with Arabian units in Cairo?

Help appreaciated
The method you need to edit is most likely "onBeginPlayerTurn". It's native to CvEventHandler.py, but it has "sister methods" of the same name called in several other modules like RiseAndFall.py so you can put it where you think it fits best. There you can access the iTurn variable. You can get the corresponding year to each turn by using the getTurnForYear() method. To create units, look into RFCUtils.py for makeUnits().

Edit: I got a quite realistic 1500 AD start (ignore the surviving Byzantines). Charles V has conquered Rome, you can see the Angevin Kingdom of Naples, Spain controls Mexico and is about to go conquistador on the Inca as well (see screenshots below).

Oh, since you show this screenshot with Chichen Itza, is it intended for it to be so hard to capture? By that I mean the only way is by sea attack and it has a quite good defense. Just wondering :)

At least Spanish conquistadores can enter jungle (like in the screen). I've never thought about it really.

Sorry to have to bother u again but how do u add barbarians.

ps: I didnt use CvEventHandler.py (too complicated for me). Instead i just added more units where u had scripted for the Arab in 640 ad

Now there is a RFC in Abundance modmods available with more civs playable. If somehow this mod can merge with that (which just means to have more civs), it would be great!
Thank you for your work!

Sorry to have to bother u again but how do u add barbarians.

ps: I didnt use CvEventHandler.py (too complicated for me). Instead i just added more units where u had scripted for the Arab in 640 ad
Just like every other civ as well (their variable is iBarbarian iirc).

It doesn't matter where you add this, RiseAndFall may be the most appropriate place anyway.

Now there is a RFC in Abundance modmods available with more civs playable. If somehow this mod can merge with that (which just means to have more civs), it would be great!
Thank you for your work!
I won't merge with Civs in Abundance, but I'll slowly add more civilizations as well (Koreans are next). I want to be in control of what is added, because else the repercussions on the rest of the game would be unpredictable.

I get a CTD when I hit next turn. What to do? :( I had such a good immoral Greece->England game going on... :mischief:

Edit:

[Mar 28, 2011 - 22:37:38] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

- I haven't changed anything in the files apart from some minor stuff that I'm quite sure is unrelated to this.

Attachments

• Pericles Iron Age Turn 237.CivBeyondSwordSave
    307.2 KB · Views: 36
I dono, If the Byzantine respawn was fixed to change their location to the Balkans and their name to Yugoslavia, it might be pretty cool.

Thats also a good idea, but the ottoman+byzantine clusterfudg is awful :(

and what about any poor Greeks if they were to re-spawn?

@Cosmos: can't get a look into the save from here, but I've never seen this kind of error before. Doesn't look like something related to this modmod ...

I've disabled the Byzantine respawn until I can come up with a more sophisticated system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom