DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, generalizing from the introductions,

Jayavarman VII sounds like a religionist and a tall-city builder

Gitarja sounds like a seaborne warmonger

It does seem too much like the Stepwell at first blush. Even the wikipedia article about barays says either agriculture, religion, or both, which sounds like it. I doubt it would be an Aqueduct that can be built away from water, because a reservoir requires a water source to fill it. It may be an Aqueduct that provides food and faith.
In Civ IV, the Baray had a simple food bonus, so this seems like a good guess. I will have to do something about it in my mod though, because I already have normal aqueducts provide food. :)

Jayavarman VII sounds like a religionist and a tall-city builder
As a tall player, I'd love to see some good country for tall play that isn't Kongo.

Gitarja sounds like a seaborne warmonger
Great. Now maybe she could be fun against Norway. And maybe she'll be even bigger fun if naval fights of the AI will be improved.

Is this for real? Indonesia and Khmers in one DLC? If true, I'm happy. But this likely means no more SE Asian Civs added after DLC......:cry:
Don't worry, you'll always have my Siam.

Naresuan and Bayinnaung scenario soon. Moar elephants hype!

It does seem too much like the Stepwell at first blush. Even the wikipedia article about barays says either agriculture, religion, or both, which sounds like it. I doubt it would be an Aqueduct that can be built away from water, because a reservoir requires a water source to fill it. It may be an Aqueduct that provides food and faith.

Interesting - that would be the first indication that they will have multiple versions of a unique district if so. And presumably a sign that the patch has fixed the only-one-unqiue-district-per-game issue that's plagued modders!

In Civ IV, the Baray had a simple food bonus, so this seems like a good guess. I will have to do something about it in my mod though, because I already have normal aqueducts provide food. :)

It wouldn't surprise me if it were implemented as a bonus per adjacent district.

Interesting - that would be the first indication that they will have multiple versions of a unique district if so. And presumably a sign that the patch has fixed the only-one-unqiue-district-per-game issue that's plagued modders!
Only problem is, the aqueduct has no buildings. So they might not have fixed it regardless.

You decide not to look at Civ Fanatics for a few hours... Thank god for vague descriptions by companies! I thought for sure that we would only get one civ with two leaders, this is great. On a side note, I really hope they have symbols we can decipher this time instead of Nubia's circle symbols that no one can figure out.

Thank god for vague descriptions by companies! I thought for sure that we would only get one civ with two leaders, this is great.

I had been vacillating about that since I learned about Indonesia. On the one hand, there are enough choices to make for two different leaders, and on the other, Indonesia seems like a weird choice of civ to implement the second instance of alt-leaders in the game.

That's funny because she was roundly criticized during the First Looks leading up to the original game release last year.
Yeah, I actually think she's pretty bad: amateurish diction and delivery, clearly not a trained voice. Not that it really matters, of course.

Looking in the games files, accidentaly I've found who's gonna be the next leaders.

In the Base/Platforms/Windows/audio/(your language) folder there's the archive Speech_Localized.xml. At the end of the text we have:

They reference the audio files inside the Speech_Localized.bnk file.

I extracted them and converted to an audible format, and I have found:

DOM_LEAD_AMA is the intro for Queen Amanitore that we already know and love.

DOM_LEAD_GIT is the intro for Gitarja, a majapahit queen. I suppose she's the indonesian leader.

DOM_LEAD_JAY is the intro for Jayavarman VII, a khemer king. So the Khmer is probably the second civ.

All aboard the banana hype train!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

EDIT: Is it just me or does having both the Khmer and Indonesia in the game belie the announcement that there would be an alternative leader for a civ?

Last edited:
EDIT: Is it just me or does having both the Khmer and Indonesia in the game belie the announcement that there would be an alternative leader for a civ?

I don't think that was ever an official announcement, just a tweet that was soon deleted.

Great news about the two new civs. I'm so curious when those audio files where added. I would have thought every file would have been scrutinized under a microscope by some of us after the first leaks through the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom