DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated the OP with the last two qa builds. Pardon my tardiness, I was out bombing around in an Italian tri-motor.

Assuming this is part of the DLC6 updates - This is both a good and bad sign.

To me this reads that they PLAN on releasing it next week, but are stumbling across one or more CRITICAL last minute game-breaking bugs requiring someone to work some serious overtime.

They're definitely putting in some long hours on a Friday night. It's heartening that they are willing to do that in order to fix the bugs. Assuming they will continue through the weekend, they have about 4 days before the livestream to produce something that has minimal bugginess. I expect that between the player outrage over the low quality of the last patch and the long span of time (including major holidays) until the next one, they are under a lot of pressure to get it right.

Assuming this is part of the DLC6 updates - This is both a good and bad sign.

To me this reads that they PLAN on releasing it next week, but are stumbling across one or more CRITICAL last minute game-breaking bugs requiring someone to work some serious overtime.

I agree. They may have even intended on giving an FL this week and had to push it because it wasn't ready. That tweet seemed like a stalling tactic to me. Given this patch is revamping some systems (religion) there is a lot more that could potentially go wrong.

They're definitely putting in some long hours on a Friday night. It's heartening that they are willing to do that in order to fix the bugs. Assuming they will continue through the weekend, they have about 4 days before the livestream to produce something that has minimal bugginess. I expect that between the player outrage over the low quality of the last patch and the long span of time (including major holidays) until the next one, they are under a lot of pressure to get it right.

Especially with Firaxis' apparent dismissal of hotfixes. Given how much they watch the civfanatics forums, I'm sure they've seen people's reactions to the last patch.

This might be presumptuous, but I foresee another buggy update headed our way. Compressing testing time to reach a deadline always ends badly.

Be aware of a possible Sweden/Lithuania attack. Got me a couple of times when i was having my way as Muscovy expaning Eastward. I totally ignored politics and got in a rough spot
I am. I probably said it wrong - Ottomans weren't my first game of EU4, they were my first finished game of EU4. I tried Muscovy twice already.
In one gameplay, I was a big warmonger, which ended by a coalition of Kazan, Lithuania, Livonian Order and some other ten states, and they all declared war on me.
In my second, Sweden and Lithuania united against me, and they declared war on me. They destroyed my army, and then Kazan declared war on me :crazyeye:

I am not accidentally in the CIVILIZATION FANATICS CENTER,
Civ6 - General Discussions Forum, DLC 6 Anticipation Thread.

Could please those in need to write even here whole posts about other games be so kind and start their posts with
- OFF TOPIC -
or something like that?

(It is already a lot to read just to track what is going on with civ6.)

Thank you.

As I suggested earlier, both are considered Deciduous, which is lacking in Civ VI.

The reason why conifers are used for the Woods tile is because they don't lose their leaves during the winter.
Would season occur simultaneously with the day/night cycles or on top of that? Just for optics or as a (unrealistic) gameplay element?

I think it would be enough if it would just "seasonal" differ on the various continents, similar as it was in civ5.

I am not accidentally in the CIVILIZATION FANATICS CENTER,
Civ6 - General Discussions Forum, DLC 6 Anticipation Thread.

Could please those in need to write even here whole posts about other games be so kind and start their posts with
- OFF TOPIC -
or something like that?

(It is already a lot to read just to track what is going on with civ6.)

Thank you.
There is no need for writing that when we have this emoji! [offtopic]

Last edited:
There is no need for writing that when we have this emoji! [offtopic]

There would also be no need for us to go off topic if those that post in the thread only to complain about it gave us something DLC-related to talk about instead.

There's nothing wrong with lurking just to keep up with what's happening, but doing so, and then popping in only to complain that we aren't talking about the things you want us to talk about for you is somewhat ridiculous :rolleyes:

Is expecting two wonders too much? I'm hoping for Angkor Wat and Borobudur.
I wonder how much the DLC will cost. Possibly the same price as the Persia/Macedon one?

Also, will both the Khmer and Indonesia appear in the scenario? Did they have much interactions with each other? I'm not an expert on that.

I wonder how much the DLC will cost. Possibly the same price as the Persia/Macedon one?

Also, will both the Khmer and Indonesia appear in the scenario? Did they have much interactions with each other? I'm not an expert on that.

I think two wonders is pretty likely actually. Macedon and Persia came with one for each of them, so I'd expect the same here - or maybe something like one wonder, one natural wonder.

I think two wonders is pretty likely actually. Macedon and Persia came with one for each of them, so I'd expect the same here - or maybe something like one wonder, one natural wonder.

Not much comes to mind for a famous Cambodian or Indonesian natural wonder. I'm expecting two wonders instead.

Khmer were an offshoot of the Srivijayan empire, which ruled the Malaysia/Indonesia area a few centuries before the Majapahit.

The scenario could be about the Khmer splitting off, or the conclusion where the Khmer and Chola dealt a deathblow to the Srivijaya. There was a lot of naval action. Or it could be a religious scenario, as one was Hindu and the other Buddhist.

And Krakatoa could be an Indonesian natural wonder.

Not much comes to mind for a famous Cambodian or Indonesian natural wonder. I'm expecting two wonders instead.

I agree that there isn't an obvious natural wonder, but thats also why I would like to be surprised and for Firaxis to have picked some obscure one that might not be widely known.

Even if Angkor Wat and Borobodur don't both appear in this DLC, they're so well known that its practically a given that they will just turn up later in an expansion, whereas this is the perfect time to give us an unusual natural wonder from the region that might not get a chance to appear otherwise.

Khmer were an offshoot of the Srivijayan empire, which ruled the Malaysia/Indonesia area a few centuries before the Majapahit.

The scenario could be about the Khmer splitting off, or the conclusion where the Khmer and Chola dealt a deathblow to the Srivijaya. There was a lot of naval action. Or it could be a religious scenario, as one was Hindu and the other Buddhist.

And Krakatoa could be an Indonesian natural wonder.

The Khmer were an offshoot of the Srivijaya? But they spoke different languages! Wasn't the Khmer empire the successor of Chenla?
I could see the Mongols being involved (since Kublai Khan tried and failed to invade Java) , also India (Cholas). Champa, Vietnam, Burma, Siam could also be part of the scenario in some form (either as City-States, or as playable factions).

The Khmer were an offshoot of the Srivijaya? But they spoke different languages! Wasn't the Khmer empire the successor of Chenla?
I could see the Mongols being involved (since Kublai Khan tried and failed to invade Java) , also India (Cholas). Champa, Vietnam, Burma, Siam could also be part of the scenario in some form (either as City-States, or as playable factions).

The Srivijaya occupied the Mekong Delta, and when the locals revolted, they became the Khmer. Perhaps offshoot is not the correct term, but that's how the Khmer connect to Indonesia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom