1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

If you squint, it kind of looks like a penguin looking upwards.

... as well as the obvious thing too, of course :lol:

Hopefully not. Purely because it means Sukritact's mod version of Tonle Sap will become redundant :p

Kimiimaro and Guandao like this.
  2. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

The Angkor Wat and Borobordor are such monumental wonders that I don’t see how they can not be included in Civ6. I really do think that they will both be in this DLC but maybe they will be reserved for the expansion as the are so important.

Also it would be call if some of the ancient wonders could age over the game. It would be so cool to build Angkor Wat new, then as the game progresses it becomes over run with jungle until you reserch a Cultural Heritage or something to reveal it's present day state; jungle cut back but famouly treets sprouding up through the structure.

Other "aged graphics" wonders could include stonehenge, Pyramids, Great Zimbabwe, Terracotta Warriors ect... just give them a worn/wheathered state to show their age (Hanging Gardens, Mausoleum, Colossus, Great Library and other wonders that are more or less entirely removed could also have aged states but more fictional rather then a single stone foot or modern library in their cases)

3. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

Those would be a cool wonder or industrial era onward tile improvement you get from being the Suzerain.

I'm also going to Singapore next year so I can't wait to see them in person!

God of Kings and dredzoolo like this.
  4. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

bite likes this.
  5. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I bet we see both wonders. Seems to make sense.

I'm also interested in any new city-states.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  6. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

I don't want to see Krakatoa again, we already have a number of volcanoes (including dormant ones) in the game already.

7. Thomas Yopa D.

Thomas Yopa D. Chieftain

i had a dream that the dlc also come with new city-states from SEA region with their own types:

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Industrious)
    Bangkok, Thailand (Cultural)
    Bagan, Myanmar (Religious)
    Manila, Philippine (Trade, replaced Jakarta)
    Hanoi, Vietnam (Militaristic)
    Singapore (Scientific)

sweet, i wish my dream come true...

Ozymandias9891, CivLuvah and Hawke9 like this.
  8. AessaSH

AessaSH Warlord

Ijen Crater is a good candidate to become a Natural Wonder. Those electric blue flame is look cool, especially in the night.
    Also, the crater is the site where sulfur is mined, making it a good Production yield Natural Wonder.

Ogro, AmtrakQuebec, racha and 3 others like this.
  9. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I think that 6 new city states and two civs would be too much for one DLC. It would end up being quite expensive. My guess is that at some point, we will see a DLC like the Viking one again (Natural wonders + city states) with a single leader + fitting scenario added. The addition would make it much more popular than the Viking DLC (which I personally consider worth the investment anyway).

10. Blackwolf803

Blackwolf803 Chieftain

Maybe with the improvements they are making to naval combat + the addition of naval civ Indonesia, they are including new maritime city states with this DLC. Might to big of a change for DLC though..

RohirrimElf likes this.
  11. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

They'd have announced that when they announced the religion overhaul, I'd think.

12. Cossackaiser

Cossackaiser Chieftain

what mught the scenario/s have in stall for us?

13. Hawke9

Hawke9 Warlord

Any chance of a FL today since the promotion of Sarah Darney might change the uploading pattern of FL's?

14. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

It's Sunday, so you are not likely going to get a lot of air play if you announced today, which is why they don't usually do it over the weekend, but I am happy to be wrong

15. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

For that matter, I had a dream GH contained (at least) one alternative French leader (I didnt get to see who though). So maybe it was an alternative leaderpack... in my dream.

Reckoner likes this.
  16. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

And I had a dream where Gandhi was trying to nuke me. Heh.

17. Thomas Yopa D.

Thomas Yopa D. Chieftain

i guessed Krakatoa will make appearance again.
    But Komodo Island, home of komodo dragon will be more interesting to add since Komodo Island was selected as New7Wonders of Nature.
    komodo-island-one-day-trip-2.jpg

Ogro and Kimiimaro like this.
  18. KnightModern

KnightModern Warlord

unfortunately, komodo island wasn't really famous even among rest of "indonesians" until dutch initiated expedition to komodo island

19. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec King

You know that place by the other place...
    I saw this on a documentary last year and thought it was so cool (although the horribly life-threatening working conditions of the local sulfur miners was somewhat disconcerting). I completely forgot about this volcano though... thanks for the reminder.

20. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

Not correct as far as I know - the Khmer were almost contemporary with the Srivijaya, emerging in the early 9th Century. While Srivijaya emerged a couple of centuries earlier, I think the Khmer predate Srivijaya presence in Indochina.

As for Indonesian wonders, Gunung Bromo is a good candidate - or Toba, by the same logic that gave us Krakatoa last time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.