DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... There is a rock called "The Grandfather Rock", and, well... I'll leave a picture in this post.

View attachment 478829

If you squint, it kind of looks like a penguin looking upwards.

... as well as the obvious thing too, of course :lol:

Tonlé Sap would make a nice growth wonder if they don't want to do the artificial lakes as UI or UB (granary) for the Khmer.

Hopefully not. Purely because it means Sukritact's mod version of Tonle Sap will become redundant :p

The Angkor Wat and Borobordor are such monumental wonders that I don’t see how they can not be included in Civ6. I really do think that they will both be in this DLC but maybe they will be reserved for the expansion as the are so important.

Also it would be call if some of the ancient wonders could age over the game. It would be so cool to build Angkor Wat new, then as the game progresses it becomes over run with jungle until you reserch a Cultural Heritage or something to reveal it's present day state; jungle cut back but famouly treets sprouding up through the structure.

Other "aged graphics" wonders could include stonehenge, Pyramids, Great Zimbabwe, Terracotta Warriors ect... just give them a worn/wheathered state to show their age (Hanging Gardens, Mausoleum, Colossus, Great Library and other wonders that are more or less entirely removed could also have aged states but more fictional rather then a single stone foot or modern library in their cases)

What about the supertree groves from Singapore? That's a southeast Asian wonder, would fit in the information era as well.

Here's a video about it:
Those would be a cool wonder or industrial era onward tile improvement you get from being the Suzerain.

I'm also going to Singapore next year so I can't wait to see them in person!

i had a dream that the dlc also come with new city-states from SEA region with their own types:

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Industrious)
Bangkok, Thailand (Cultural)
Bagan, Myanmar (Religious)
Manila, Philippine (Trade, replaced Jakarta)
Hanoi, Vietnam (Militaristic)
Singapore (Scientific)

sweet, i wish my dream come true...

Ijen Crater is a good candidate to become a Natural Wonder. Those electric blue flame is look cool, especially in the night.
Also, the crater is the site where sulfur is mined, making it a good Production yield Natural Wonder.

I think that 6 new city states and two civs would be too much for one DLC. It would end up being quite expensive. My guess is that at some point, we will see a DLC like the Viking one again (Natural wonders + city states) with a single leader + fitting scenario added. The addition would make it much more popular than the Viking DLC (which I personally consider worth the investment anyway).

Maybe with the improvements they are making to naval combat + the addition of naval civ Indonesia, they are including new maritime city states with this DLC. Might to big of a change for DLC though..

They'd have announced that when they announced the religion overhaul, I'd think.

It's Sunday, so you are not likely going to get a lot of air play if you announced today, which is why they don't usually do it over the weekend, but I am happy to be wrong

i had a dream that the dlc also come with new city-states from SEA region with their own types:

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Industrious)
Bangkok, Thailand (Cultural)
Bagan, Myanmar (Religious)
Manila, Philippine (Trade, replaced Jakarta)
Hanoi, Vietnam (Militaristic)
Singapore (Scientific)

sweet, i wish my dream come true...

For that matter, I had a dream GH contained (at least) one alternative French leader (I didnt get to see who though). So maybe it was an alternative leaderpack... in my dream.

For that matter, I had a dream GH contained (at least) one alternative French leader (I didnt get to see who though). So maybe it was an alternative leaderpack... in my dream.
And I had a dream where Gandhi was trying to nuke me. Heh.

i guessed Krakatoa will make appearance again.
But Komodo Island, home of komodo dragon will be more interesting to add since Komodo Island was selected as New7Wonders of Nature.
komodo-island-one-day-trip-2.jpg

But Komodo Island, home of komodo dragon will be more interesting to add since Komodo Island was selected as New7Wonders of Nature.
unfortunately, komodo island wasn't really famous even among rest of "indonesians" until dutch initiated expedition to komodo island

Ijen Crater is a good candidate to become a Natural Wonder. Those electric blue flame is look cool, especially in the night.
Also, the crater is the site where sulfur is mined, making it a good Production yield Natural Wonder.

I saw this on a documentary last year and thought it was so cool (although the horribly life-threatening working conditions of the local sulfur miners was somewhat disconcerting). I completely forgot about this volcano though... thanks for the reminder.

The Srivijaya occupied the Mekong Delta, and when the locals revolted, they became the Khmer. Perhaps offshoot is not the correct term, but that's how the Khmer connect to Indonesia.

Not correct as far as I know - the Khmer were almost contemporary with the Srivijaya, emerging in the early 9th Century. While Srivijaya emerged a couple of centuries earlier, I think the Khmer predate Srivijaya presence in Indochina.

As for Indonesian wonders, Gunung Bromo is a good candidate - or Toba, by the same logic that gave us Krakatoa last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom