DMI XI - Hyborem's Whisper (FfH2)

I'd be interesting in trying this out. I have not played an SG before, but have read many so get the idea. I generally play at emperor but wouldn't mind monarch in an SG format.

I haven't played an evil civ yet either.

If space is available, I'll join up.

Okay, then the roster is full. Immortal, eh ? Okay, I'm sold :D . Will put up the game and the start today.

Imhotep

Okay, we have a game.

The settings:

The leader:

In the end I decided to go with Tebryn as the Sheaim start with Ancient Chants, whereas the Clan has no starting techs at all.

Holy cow, what a start. I wish we could play that one for ourselves - but I see the Sheaim as our biggest foe already.

I'll play the first 30 or 40 after some input on where to settle - I'd like to go towards the FP aka commerce heaven...

Imhotep

Blue Circle FTW. I love the way we go "Monarch.... nahhh lets make it Immortal!!"

Ralph

Ladies and fellow Infernals :devil: ,

let's get this started :) . As usual the early days in a FfH game are mostly pressing enter, so I played 45 turns to ease that burden for the following players.

Galveholm settled at commerce heaven.

I chose Mysticism as starting research goal over Agriculture for the following reasons: 1) Mysticism also opens up Education, 2) Mysticism allows God King, 3) Mysticism is on the way to Infernal Pact, 4) we want to cottage those tiles, not farm them.

There were two huts nearby, the first gave us gold, and the 2nd...

Nice !

We are not alone...

He is in the north, but it seems there is plenty of space between us...

Mysticism came in. I revolted to God King and Agriculture.

The RNG didn't like me however...

Rarely seen, but a nice feature...

So, we have a Settler ready in 10, Education comes in 8. After the Settler we should get out some workers and cottage all the tiles, speeding towards Corruption of Spirit and finally Infernal Pact. At this stage you should play until a stopping point presents itself.

The Roster:

1. Imhotep >> JUST PLAYED
2. Ozbenno >> UP NOW
3. reverend_oats >> ON DECK

4. Ralph Jackson
5. slowcar
6. JayThomas

Tebryn stood atop the ramparts of Galveholm, surverying the lands. The fertile flood plains and the rich forests did not soothe his disquiet. For he knew that it must all be destroyed if his soul was to be saved. The goddess Ceridwen was very clear on that point. The problem was, he didn't know how to do it.

As he stood there pondering this problem, he heard a faint voice on the wind, an ethereal whisper. "I am coming" it said. A shiver ran down his spine.

Tebryn recognised the voice. It was the first voice that greeted him when he first died. Shoulders slumping, he realised he now had two problems to solve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well our warrior got ambushed.

Research was sent to Crafting for the wines.

We should get a GS for Knowledge of the Ether, I'll employ a scientist when the settler finishes.

Speaking of which, there was no discussion on where to found, so the wines it is.

I built a warrior before a worker as we were down to 2 with 2 cities.

Animal Husbandry dialled up after Crafting.

I played to turn 75, AH came in, replaced by Philosophy. Great Scientist in 14 turns for Knowledge of the Ether (don't give Tebryn an Academy). Just Way of the Wicked, Corruption of Spirit and Infernal Pact left. Fishing would be the only other tech I'd consider at this stage.

It may be an idea to build a winery after the worker finishes the cottage as we could use the extra happiness.

Attachments

• DMI XI AD-0075.CivBeyondSwordSave
    130.4 KB · Views: 133
Fine progress there, Ben. :) I think we should now beeline for Infernal Pact. Additional techs don't hurt as they make Tebryn stronger, but we will get them also when we switch. But I don't want to miss those crucial tech as it would ruin the game.

The Roster:

1. Imhotep
2. Ozbenno >> JUST PLAYED
3. reverend_oats >> UP NOW
4. Ralph Jackson >> ON DECK

5. slowcar
6. JayThomas

I played to turn 100. Bulbed KotE as planned, research Philosophy and most of Way of the Wicked. Our scouting warrior was killed by a spider. Mahala has axemen so I would train a couple of skeleton-summoning adepts. The Luichirp are out there somewhere, as Barnaxus was built. FoL was also founded, so be on the lookout for elves.
I slightly disagree was Ozbenno's tech path. I think we need mining so we can have a fast start with out new capital.

I we be far, far away until June 26, so I will need a skip if my turnset comes up then.

Attachments

• DMI XI AD-0100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    151.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 263
  • Civ4ScreenShot0048.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0048.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 219
OK Got it, but as it is Fathers day and I will treated to copious alcohol, football and a rampant wife it will be Monday before I play.

:cheers:

Ralph

Top Bottom