Do you associate certain avatars with certain posters?

I just used the default Great Prophet for a long time, but after a few new members with the same avatar started posting some stupid stuff in the FfH forum I found that I kept confusing them with me and wondering how I could have said something so dumb. Thus I decided I should switch to an FfH icon as an avatar like Kael and most of the main posters in that forum used. At first i was planning on looking like a Luonnatar, but they just use a Martin Luthor pic that I didn't like that much. Someone was already using all the other FfH icons I liked better than Govannon, so I went with the Amurite hero.

Yeah I do, and for that very reason I'm going to try and actually keep an avatar for longer than a month. I don't know why but I feel as if I have avatar ADD er something, like I'll always choose an avatar that I enjoy, but get bored of it really quickly. Though for now, I think I'm pretty satisfied with Prof. Farnsworth, and to try and get some avatar association, I'm going to stick with the Futurama theme.

Certain ideologies is far more common. Which is why I always have to apologize/catch myself for the very rare people like Defiant who isn't a fascist/racist/etc...

I definitely identify posters with their avatars, and scan for certain avatars to read their posts first. If someone has no avatar I might miss their post.

It doesn't take long for me to get used to new avatars though, as I will notice an avatar I haven't seen before.

Barbibul has been my faithful sidekick for nearly all of the 8 years I've been here, and that's not going to change any time soon.

In fact, he's been with me for pretty much all of my life.

What about the push guy? or the civfanatic guy?

Funny, in the DYOS series. You're depicted as the CivFanatic Warrior.

Speaking of the DYOS series, here are the normal posters that I'd always associate there avatars with.

Kan: Doctor Who (even though he has a fluffy duck as an avatar)
Capitan: The grim reaper with a monocle
Stylesrj: That Civ4 Seal guy (this also effects other non-Stylesrjs who use the same or similar avatar. See MobBoss)
Love: Any heartshaped object
Thorvald of Lym: A norsemen
Choxorn: Half-Life 2 zombie with a watermelon for a head
Kulade: Kool-aid man

You can shoot Eric Freeman many times, he will anyways manage to survive!!

Link to video.

MOOOOO!!! YEAH!!!!

When regular posters change their avatars, I lose them completely for a few weeks. Pictures trump usernames.

I've had only two since 2003: my Bird Jaguar glyph and the moving fingers alphabet board.

Godwynn will always be General Sherman to me, though he's not used it in quite awhile.

Ditto... To be perfectly honest, I rarely bother looking at who's saying what. But I remember certain people's avatars. Those people I remember slightly longer than usual. I am terrible at remembering names. :(

I also tend to not change my avatar for the same reason. I have had a few over the years, but they have all had to do with eating animals. :D

I like avatars that are creative or clever (When I'm smart enough to get the joke).

But my defalt mode is hot chicks.

I always assume, however, that if the avatar or person is extremely fem, he's probably a fat bald man.

Top Bottom