Do you have bread in the fridge?

No; cold bread sounds hideous to me. I've never had a problem finishing a loaf before it goes bad, but I tend to have a sandwich a day. I don't put condiments like ketchup and mustard in the fridge, either.

I've never found bread stored in the fridge to be very cold, cool maybe, but nothing that is a problem (and I usually toast it anyway, even for sandwiches).

I keep mine in the freezer. I didn't until recently, but now I actually prefer cold bread.

No, but it's probably better in the freezer than the fridge, because it will go stale in fridge.

The best way to store your bread is on room temerature. Try to avoid exposure to air (in a paper bread bag), moist and heat (eg. not near your oven). Putting your bread in a fridge will make your bread go stale sooner, but putting it in a freezer is a good way to store bread. Thaw the slices individually or together on the lowest setting of your microwave (defrost setting) or better yet, thaw your bread on the kitchen counter.

source

What we do here is buy two loaves of bread and we put them in the freezer, since we normally have one that is nearly gone in the cupboard and take one out when the one in the cupboard is finished and we just repeat it like so, so the bread never goes moldy, since it gets used up before it gets a chance to become moldy.

I keep my bread in the freezer. When I want a slice or two, it just takes a brief zap in the microwave to unfreeze it for eating.

the bread we buy usually gets hard long before it gets mouldy, so that never was a problem for us....besides cold bread sounds disgusting

That's why you microwave or toast it. :huh:

I don't store bread in the fridge, but maybe I should, considering the waste.

That's why you microwave or toast it. :huh:

I don't toast bread (I don't use toast bread to begin with) and microwaving would probably turn it limp

I live in the United States. We have lots of fresh bread so no dolt would freeze or chill it here. If the bread gets old we just throw it out. Its just how we roll.

Aspire. To. It.

yes... at our house bread is being bought once a week. Most of it is on purchase placed in the fridge for storage. When a bread is gone another one will be taken out of the fridge :)

We never put our bread in the fridge. Oddly, we don't go through it half the time, but we hardly ever get mold on it... weird.

We also keep our syrup in the pantry, much to the chagrin of those in our family who practice the "keep the syrup in the fridge" ritual.

We never put our bread in the fridge. Oddly, we don't go through it half the time, but we hardly ever get mold on it... weird.

We also keep our syrup in the pantry, much to the chagrin of those in our family who practice the "keep the syrup in the fridge" ritual.

People keep syrup in the fridge? We always kept it in the pantry.

People keep syrup in the fridge? We always kept it in the pantry.

In all the houses I've explored on the West Coast, syrup in the fridge seems to be the custom.

They also all give me and my family strange looks when we dip toast in hot chocolate.

Meanwhile, they're pouring ranch all over their pizza.

You find all sorts of customs with food, it seems, and it highlights our inherent biases - we all go "eww" at something bizarre. Indeed, I thought ranch and pizza to be disgusting until I actually tried it.

Who'd imagine food would be a good way to see the tendency towards rejecting new ideas? :p

If I buy bread I put it in the fridge. Otherwise it goes mouldy too quickly.

Basically, what I'm saying here is pretty much what everyone else has said already. PC+1 ftw.

Top Bottom