DoC Alternate History modmod Brainstorming Thread

i will be following this
(subbed)

I've finally fixed every problem with Venice and have uploaded the sourceforge page, so off to a new thread! Dawn of Alternate History Alpha 1.0 is complete!

subbed

Reverse colonization :

Basically India and China are the two emerging competing colonial superpowers in the world ( replacing the competition between England and France ) and Persia is the declining colonial power while Japan is a lesser colonial power. They have divided all of Asia among themselve. India and China have carved out sub-saharan Africa, South East Asia (Indian vassal and Chinese vassal exist) and Oceania. Japan rules all the Pacific islands except Oceania and the Pacific coast of North America (except California and Mexico which are Chinese). India rules the Pacific coast of South America through Indonesian vassals. Europe is colonized through different vassals. Russia is China's vassal, Turkey and Egypt are Persian vassals. Italy is contested between Germany which is a Chinese vassal and Turkey. France, Spain and Portugal are vassals of Persia while England is an Indian vassal and Scandinavia is under its protection.

This is the state of the world in 1871 AD :) .

Reverse colonization :

Basically India and China are the two emerging competing colonial superpowers in the world ( replacing the competition between England and France ) and Persia is the declining colonial power while Japan is a lesser colonial power. They have divided all of Asia among themselve. India and China have carved out sub-saharan Africa, South East Asia (Indian vassal and Chinese vassal exist) and Oceania. Japan rules all the Pacific islands except Oceania and the Pacific coast of North America (except California and Mexico which are Chinese). India rules the Pacific coast of South America through Indonesian vassals. Europe is colonized through different vassals. Russia is China's vassal, Turkey and Egypt are Persian vassals. Italy is contested between Germany which is a Chinese vassal and Turkey. France, Spain and Portugal are vassals of Persia while England is an Indian vassal and Scandinavia is under its protection.

This is the state of the world in 1871 AD :) .

Hmm... give me a good timeline for how and why that happened, and I will take it into consideration. It sounded a lot like an idea that I had floating around earlier.

Well, let's say Huns arrived later, like... in 800 AD. Roman empire already collapsed because of lombards, Franks, Visigoths etc. Nations in europe were fighting each other so they weren't strong. When Huns arrived, they razed everything, leaving europe decaying. Arabs lost war with Persia, that grow stronger and successfuly defended itself by Huns.
Let's say India and China had really good kings that could govern very well and bring both nations in golden ages. Asians discovered America and Europe. Europe was weak as they didn't stop fighting each other, even when Huns went home. So nations in Europe became vassals and everyone lived happily ever after.

Does this make any sense?

Not at all.

But who cares! :)

Well, let's say Huns arrived later, like... in 800 AD. Roman empire already collapsed because of lombards, Franks, Visigoths etc. Nations in europe were fighting each other so they weren't strong. When Huns arrived, they razed everything, leaving europe decaying. Arabs lost war with Persia, that grow stronger and successfuly defended itself by Huns.
Let's say India and China had really good kings that could govern very well and bring both nations in golden ages. Asians discovered America and Europe. Europe was weak as they didn't stop fighting each other, even when Huns went home. So nations in Europe became vassals and everyone lived happily ever after.

Does this make any sense?

I get it. Tang never fell; remained strong. Pratihara managed to unite the continent. I also thought of an interesting addendum.

India conquers almost whole subcontinent+Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Tamils stay cordial with India. Both are early colonizers.
China has some revolts, but ends up stronger. Japan and China are rivals.
Thailand is a semi-colonizer and regional powerhouse.

India - Spain
Tamils - Portugal
China - England
Japan - France
Thailand - Netherlands

I get it. Tang never fell; remained strong. Pratihara managed to unite the continent. I also thought of an interesting addendum.

India conquers almost whole subcontinent+Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Tamils stay cordial with India. Both are early colonizers.
China has some revolts, but ends up stronger. Japan and China are rivals.
Thailand is a semi-colonizer and regional powerhouse.

India - Spain
Tamils - Portugal
China - England
Japan - France
Thailand - Netherlands

What about Korea? They could potentially have one or two colonies, despite the fact that Korea was heavily influenced by Ming China at the time in our timeline. If China and Japan bickered more, I could see Korea taking advantage of it and becoming a colonizing power.

Your timeline does start to make sense, but I don't like how some nations are arbitrarily compared to European nations- they should be analyzed as their own situation. Nonetheless, your timeline does seem reasonable, and we should try to flesh it out more.

Also, one last thing- I unfortunately will not be able to get very far with the mod right now, as I leave Saturday for 5 weeks without Internet. By the time I get back, I will probably have a much more developed situation and will be much more enthusiastic for the development of this modmod.

I actually have the whole timeline worked out in my head but it'll take me a while to put it down on paper :) . The key change date is 712 AD.

Ah, what happens at 712?

my guess is arabia having better luck in their invasion of iberia

If it's not a secret, what is this place without Internet?

The Walden School, in New Hampshire. It is a 5-week music composition camp.

Top Bottom