• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

DR 01- The Greek Domination

As I have previously stated, we are in no position for a war right now. If Portugal does attack then we should keep to a defensive fight around Cuzco.

Try not to use hoplites until after we switch governments. I would rather not trigger a GA just yet.

Ok, I might get to this tonight, but I'll probably have to finish it tomorrow.

Doing it now.

Thermopylae was supposed to be a settler factory. :confused: Needs more fpt.

Settler factories are only needed when there is somewhere to put the settlers. :undecide:

Have you found some spare land that needs settling? I thought I had almost filled our corner of the world.

Ever heard of combat settlers. :)

Preflight - Just so you know, mining wine on grass isn't a good idea. Realize that thermopylae is supposed to be a settler factory. Needs more fpt, we'd better irrigate the wine + cow.

IBT - Babs build pyramids. Barb galley patrols.

530 BC - Hoplite moves into Thermopylae. Archer blocks other chokepoint.

IBT - Nada

510 BC - Worker roads to vilacamba. settler founds Ephesus, begins worker. Worker mines BG near Delphi. Worker roads to Herakleia. Raise lux tax to 10% to prevent Sparta + Athens from rioting. Lower sci to 80, breaking even.

IBT - Athens Hoplite>Settler. Too much population.

490 BC - worker near Delphi roads to mycenae's BG. Hoplite fortifies in athens. Change Sparta's galley to a settler to decrease population. Decide to change Thermopylae to Sword.

IBT - Our galley gets killed by a barb. Argos Worker>Harbour.

470 BC - Sparta Settler>Catapult. these things will be esential for keeping our kill ratio high.

IBT - Hattusas Warrior>warrior.

450 BC - Worker completes corinth-vilacamba road.

IBT - Thermopylae Sword>Sword.

430 BC - Irrigate mined wine. Move sword to front.

IBT - Athens Settler>Hoplite. Sparta Catapult>Catapult.

410 BC - Lower lux tax to 0, raise sci, republic due in 6.

IBT - Delphi Hoplite>Hoplite.

390 BC - Found Thessalonica. Start worker.

IBT - Workers working.

370 BC - Reassign workers as they are done jobs. Forced to raise lux tax as sparta is @ size 6.

IBT - Sparta Catapult>settler. Athens Hoplite>hoplite. Hittites complete a wonder, can't remember which.

350 BC - Move units up to front.

Thoughts- Warrior is moving to front to be upg'ed at corinth when the rax finishes. Sparta should keep at cats after a settler. Athens the same with hoplits. Trying to transform Thermopylae into a settler factory (5 turn).

Save

Screenies:

East

West

Formula51 said:
Ever heard of combat settlers.
Yes, but I don't use them as often as I should, so I didn't realise that is what you meant.

Formula51 said:
Hittites complete a wonder, can't remember which.
F7? I'll find out soon enough when I check the save. I'll post some thoughts later.

Hmmmm good set of turns, whom is up now, me or dragon?

As for some strats, I say we should stick to infra for more turns still, then we should start building our military. I agree on switching Thermopylae to a 5 turn settler factory. We will need those settlers for combat sets, and I am sure eventually we will find an island that we can settle. But we need to make more contacts quickly, sucks to here that barbs sunk our galley.

If i am up I willl have to take it tomorrow, I got a test tomorrow and a ****load of homework

ghost

I think DragonRunner is up, then you, then me.

Sparta should be MMed to ensure settler and growth to 7 happen at the same time, otherwise we'll empty the granary.

Some thoughts:

It was not the Hittites but the Sumerians who completed a wonder - the ToA - in 370BC.

Science can come down to 70% with Republic still in 3.

Why is there an outpost N of Cuzco? :confused: Building that has lost us a valuable worker.

We can support 56 units. We should build a couple of swordsman stacks to take a few Portuguese towns before we switch to Republic.

I accidentally pressed that button while using the slave, and forgot to restart. I know it sounds kinda stupid, but I'm sorry. :(

The sci coming down can still be done, but if we'd done that before, it'd lost us turns.

I started to build cats-swords for an attack on Portugal.

On the wonder thing, I just saw the popup, but I don't usually look at the popups of wonder built by AI, unless I am in a wonder race. Forgot about F7, as I haven't built a wonder in a while or been in a wonder race. (I don't like em, doesn't allow me to learn)

Build settlers only to decrease population until we've got a large amount of military units.

Oh well, at least it was only a slave. We can always get some more of those. :satan::D I would have immediately reverted to the autosave. Replaying is perfectly acceptable if you accidently hit the wrong button, just as long as all other moves are done as they were before.

My point on the science rate was a note to the next player, not a criticism of your turns.

I always find pleasure when I have hundreds of slaves, especially when I have some from every civ. Slaves make up a lot of my workers when I play epic games, I always try and get a war off the start to snag a few slaves (not to mention cities), then I always love to just start a war and pick off their workers with fast units (especially a unit that has blitz; the best part about panzers, real fast with blitz)

I agree with a quick war with Port right before a switch to Rep (can you set off your GA in anarchy :confused: cause now would be even worse then a despot GA, even though it only last like 5 turns, those are 5 wasted GA turns)

ghost

Yes you can start a GA in anarchy, but I was thinking that we should keep the hoplites away from the front lines. A swordsman has a defence of 2, so it is not completely helpless. (Especially if we build enough of them).

The plan here should be to take only 2 or 3 towns then look for peace. We are not looking for full scale war yet, we just want to take a couple of towns while we have the unit support. A couple of expensive techs for peace might be nice too. :)

Another question is - Should we take the Incans out of the game at the same time?

Zakharov said:
Some thoughts:

It was not the Hittites but the Sumerians who completed a wonder - the ToA - in 370BC.
That could be bad. In my experience, that wonder doesn't get built till well into the middle ages, but maybe that's just because all my experience is on regent :crazyeye:

Ghost, feel free to take this as my mom took my disk because i forgot to put my brother to bed.

Don't take the incans out immediately. The ToA expires soon anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. We could have a bunch of cats to help our swords defensively, so they don't get needlessly killed.

Well if we're going to war, and our peace treaty has expired - probably wouldn't hurt. But I wouldn't look to go to war necessarily.

Ghost - sounds like DR needs a skip so you're up. If you can't take it tonight - I could probably take it tonight and you could go tomorrow?

The ToA is of no concern to us because the Sumerians are on the other continent.

Top Bottom