Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi)

Enlightenment Era for Vox Populi (v 4)

Small quirk: America's Museum of Modern Art unlocks earlier(Scientific Theory) than you get Museums(Romanticism) which you need to build the MoMA. Mostly just an oddity and not much of a balance concern since they're back to back techs anyway.

EDIT: Seems that only the text says it requires a Museum. I could build it without having a Museum.'

Editedit: Minuteman has the same CS as base Line Infantry(30). Makes it feel slightly bad when it has the same CS as a Tercio replacement (in my game, Musketeer). I realize there's not much wiggle room given that Fusilier is 35, but food for thought.

Last edited:
First, I want to say I'm really enjoying using this mod alongside 3rd and 4th UC. Below are two things I've noted from my game..

During the Enlightenment Era, is it intended for Great Prophets to stop spawning despite having enough faith? I know this is the case for Industrial Era but at least you can purchase Great People manually at that point. Enlightenment Era seems odd that you can't get any Great People and have to wait an entire era before you have access.

I also don't know if this issue should be mentioned here or not. The Greek 3rd and 4th UC has a Line Infantry replacement, Klepht. To upgrade a Musketman to a Klepht, it requires only 5 gold. I'm pretty sure that's not intended when the other upgrades takes at least a few hundred.

First, I want to say I'm really enjoying using this mod alongside 3rd and 4th UC. Below are two things I've noted from my game..

During the Enlightenment Era, is it intended for Great Prophets to stop spawning despite having enough faith? I know this is the case for Industrial Era but at least you can purchase Great People manually at that point. Enlightenment Era seems odd that you can't get any Great People and have to wait an entire era before you have access.

I also don't know if this issue should be mentioned here or not. The Greek 3rd and 4th UC has a Line Infantry replacement, Klepht. To upgrade a Musketman to a Klepht, it requires only 5 gold. I'm pretty sure that's not intended when the other upgrades takes at least a few hundred.
Ye it's an unfortunate side effect, which I made a GitHub issue since I didn't realize it was because of EEVP.
Bottom line: Infixo didn't wanna spend time implementing a change of pushing GP buying to EE, since he's already too busy.

Last edited:
flag.png

Promo icons for VPEE are here

It's a mini mod. Just copy it (uncompressed) in your mod folder

What you get :
VPEE_pi_v 1.png

I hope Infixo will integrate them one day...

Last edited:
After trying EEVP for some games with friends, we got some concerns about the tech "Humanism", it is in a very uncomfortable position where he is too close from museum and public school, wich is seems to be overkill, and add too much to construct.
and academy and salon are to powerful to be left behind, they should either be remove or relocate somewhere else in my opinion.

I'm getting an issue where additional links are being added between techs. For example Engineering is a pre-requisite for Education and Steel. In general, whenever there are 5 techs in two consecutive rows, the middle tech is linked to the top and bottom tech.

What is the name of background music for Torre del Oro completion screen?

Some observations that could warrant an update, if anyone code-capable wants to embark on this journey (huge respect if you do; this is definitely not a demand to do anything):

- EE-added buildings have happiness in percentage value still. Just changing it to -1 flat the respective values (Academy, Salon, Menagerie, Manor, Hermitage) works; although the two buildings that 'slightly increase' (Poverty from Cloth Mill and Distress from Tavern) could probably be better off just removed altogether in the new happiness model.
- Tower of Buddhist Incence has a global -10% religious need in all cities, which is probably a bit too good at -1... and you generally build it for the free great person anyway
- Smithsonian Institute also gives percentage reduction to illiteracy; change to flat -1 to all is probably not too strong in this case
- Zoo and Menagerie now both give +1 tourism to jungle/forest and reduce boredom, some differentiation is probably in order; on that note, I've always found Menageries' gold pretty laughable as in most cases it doesn't even cover for its' own maintenance cost
- Gunsmith requiring Iron is now rather forbidding for the effect, given that from next era onward any and all ships(and siege) also now require Iron - might be worth a look
- Bastion/Arsenal lack their respective Empire Needs reduction effect
- Weigh House, unlike other gold-generating buildings, has a maintenance that only makes it positive gold income at 18+ population in a city (earlier if you can work the Merchant, but it's still a bit deep cost for just the Merchant slot essentially)
- the Economics tech boosts 'Colonia', a thing that doesn't exist anymore as a Unique Improvement
- Ship of the Line now has the same CS as Corvette, and since Ironclad is at 60 CS now, could probably bump Ship of the Line up to 45 to make it more worth it.

Those from me staring at the tech tree for a bit; I'm sure I've missed things. I don't think any relevant uniques have changed much.

Policies are trickier to compare; the only one I can directly spot is Mercantilism(in Industry) having the same +100% production to Train Stations/Seaports as the opener.

Last edited:
EE version 1.2.1

- now Great Prophets will be spawning in EE
- remove modification from tech prereq before Renaissance
-Unit Combat
-- field gun now 21 ( was 20)
-- light infantry now 25 ( was 24)
-- carrack now 32 ( was 30)
-- galleon now 20 ( was 16)
--ship of the line 50 ( was 40)
--polish winged hussar 38
-- caravel 24
-- portuguese nau now 36 ( was 32)
--first rate now 28 ( was 24)
-Ranged Combat
--galleon now 29 ( was 26)
--galleass and venetian galleas now as VP

-Dutch Sea Beggar - replacement for Privateer as VP (change from Carrack), cost 450, obsolete at Combustion.
-Two-Handed Swordsman- remove shock 1 promo, add cover 1
-Adjust some flavors units as VP changes

Building & Wonder
--Tower of Buddhist Incense -national pop 40 ( was 35)
--change to flat reduction for Academy, Salon, Menagerie, Manor.
-- remove 'slightly increase' for Tavern and Cloth Mill
--Menagerie now 1 gold for every 5 pop ( was 1/8)
--Remove Iron from Gunsmith
--Bastion -5% Empire Needs reduction.
--Weight House remove gold maintenance.
--Add promo icons from Asterix

Attachments

• Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi) (v 1.2.1).zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 276
Meant to do it earlier, but let's give this a spin. I'll note if I find any more inconsistencies.

EDIT: The Mercantilism policy in Industry gives +100% to Seaports/Train Stations, while in VP the bonus was moved to the opener(so it's now in both). The policy gained the science on building completion, I think?

Last edited:
EDIT: The Mercantilism policy in Industry gives +100% to Seaports/Train Stations, while in VP the bonus was moved to the opener(so it's now in both). The policy gained the science on building completion, I think?

Just text.

EE version 1.2.2
updating policies according to VP.

Attachments

• Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi) (v 1.2.2).zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 464
Top Bottom