Fall From Heaven NES

The mighty Calabim nation announces that both its trade routes will, at current, be going to the Lanun peoples, as per our agreement. The Calabim hope that the Lanun will spend this year building markets to increase the number of trade routes they may send to us in return. Should this not be done, we will instead send one of our trade routes to the Svartalfar.

End of Turn 7

Beginning of Turn 8

Amurite Caswallen dead, country facing civil war

Thomas the Caswallen, ruler of the Amurites, was found dead in his chamber. No traces of violence were found and most people say he died by natural death but it is not easy for Caswallen to die of old age, especially not if he practiced unholy magic. Some say it was demon pact that caught him, some say assassination.

Either way, his right-hand Tyrion Cavros was viewed as a decent successor by the most powerful mages, so he took the office and proclaimed himself Tyrion the Caswallen. However some saw this as their opportunity, and the country is slinking into the civil war.

On west, Valedia the Even, former Royal Steward and Chancellor gathered it's forces. She is seeking to establish an Aristocratic Republic, as in old ways of the Amurites, and to break off the demonic pacts. She is supported by the lower nobility, mages, merchants and burghers, and partially by the peasants.

On east, Nicholas Cassel gathered followers of the Order, and is seeking to establish a rightful and holy Amurite State. Supported by lower classes of peasants and craftsmen, and by most merchants, they are opposed by almost all aristocrats because of their plans to stamp out all aristocratic privileges and make all equal before the law, and are also viewed with suspicion by most mages for their reliance on priests and not mages.

Either way, hard times are before Amurite people

Famine

Long and dry summer and harsh winter have took their toll, and this season was by far worst one ever seen since the Age of Ice ended.
Soil is infertile, crops are withering and there simply isn't enough food to feed all the starving citizens. Disaster is looming as people die on the streets.
Based on the amount of farms and fisheries opposed to cities and villages, following civilizations have their next turn income reduced, and also stability decreased:

Balseraphs: -3 stability, -10 income
Kahazad: -5 stability, -15 income
Grigori: -5 stability, -15 income
Kuriotates: -2 stability, -10 income
Luchuirp: -4 stability, -15 income
Svartalfarl: -5 stability, -15 income
Lanun: -2 stability, -5 income
Calabim: -2 stability, -5 income

Amurite Refugees seek shelter in Kuriotate lands

Terrified by the war and starvation in their homeland, and lured by the tales of prosperity, many Amurite citizens fled to Kuriotate cities. Many of them are potent mages. This is definitely a bonus for the Kuriotates.

Cost of researching Knowledge of the Ether is reduced by -100 gold for the Kuriotates

Svartalfarl adopt Slavery

In latest days Svartalfarl increase their number of slaves dramatically, and their economy is beginning to feel effects of the cost-free labor. Some of the elves are complaining about this degradation of elvenkind, but few are loud against it.

Svartalfarl have Slavery labor
Svartalfarl lose -1 stability

Somnium tournament results

Latest Somnium tournament held in Balseraph empire was different form the last. Not only it was more lavish, but also hosted a plenty of different Somnium variants with many house rules.
Most prominent four tournaments were won by Balseraph, Svartalfarl, Lanun and Khazad players. Games were commented as fair and no cheating was reported.

Balseraphs +1 stability and +5 gold
Svartalfarl, Lanun and Khazad +1 stability

The epilogue of Luchuirp trade affair

High judges have concluded that no laws of Independent City States were broken when signing agreement with Khazad, and that to demand that traders, both Khazad or Luchuirp be punished is insanity. This demand was, in the first place, brought up by Khazad leader Kandros Fyr, without Luchuirp demand, and the decision was that it would be a treachery to punish own people. Luchuirp have concluded the same.

Either way, as province experienced building-up, dissent is gone and except few lost coins everything returns to normal.

Balseraphs leave Area 5, Khazad enter

Some reported that Balseraphs have abandoned the Desert Province, at the same time Khazad entered. Fights are reported, and it remains to see the results. What is certain is that Khazad could use some extra supplies, like water.

Great update. The world seems to become more and more dangerous place :)

Also, as a new player I'd like to ask if we are keeping track of our stats (eg. stability) or do we get it from the mod after each turn? Both ways are fine with me.

I'm keeping it all in excel spreadsheet and I generally don't post it publicly as I think players would like to keep such info a secret, and it gives spies something to do.

You can ask me info anytime and I'll gladly tell you all domestic info. I try to send all info as a reply for orders, but sometimes I don't process orders immediately so I forget to reply. My apologizes.

Also, I can't copy-paste excel cells into PM, so I'd like to get emails instead.

Hmm, interesting ...
Game options:
[X] Living world
(:)
WHAT ?? -5 stability and -15 income .. omg ... (:) ... I want to see pestilence and armageddon .. (:)

@Marksman77: Tech requires half of researching time to apply in society ... IMO you can't use it in same time you research it ...

@Marksman77: Tech requires half of researching time to apply in society ... IMO you can't use it in same time you research it ...

Wasn't it for the case when you get the tech from trade??

Game options:
[X] Living world
Where is this from? Maybe you should check if Last Days wasn't cjhecked as well :eek:

Famine was simply to warn you: FOOD!!!

(I know everyone loves villages :) )

Tech can be used when it's completed. If you order researching T1 tech, you can order its use next turn. For T2 techs, after two turns.

Orders in advance... I'm at risk of forgetting them so please send them when they can be carried out. Not that you can't say something in advance, but please repeat it next turn.

This is of course not the case if you are ordering in advance, if you know that you will be absent.

I had sea provinces in mind and I'll take care of the issue.

Sea provinces. Yeap, they wrap- Blackwaters is one province stretching 'around', and you can travel from eastern sea to western.

I'm planning to add some gulfs, straits... so that there are some options to maneuver in case of battles.

Would it be possible for me to construct a large canal as a project to connect the Central and South-east seas if I wanted to?

It would pass straight through my territory.

Thanks for the names of the waters.

As Lanun we strongly believe that waters deserve names, in contrast to the dirt and muddy thing you seem to call "land", where simple number suffices.

And we acknowledge that calling our sea the Central Sea is just and proper.

And a few words on the special way the Lanun treat they ships:
A ship is something almost sacred to the Lanun people. It is the way of life and the greatest treasure of any Lanun. Allowing a stranger on the board is considered a sacrilege. The crews will not allow anyone to enter the board.
It’s just the way we, the Lanun, are.

Can I have question ... ?
Is this Discoworld-like (Center and Border (flat, which is on back of 4 elephants an they're on back of one big turtle, with sun rotating around)) or Earth-like (Poles, Warp X, Y (holded in space by gravity field and rotation around some sun)) planet ??

Top Bottom