Fall From Heaven NES

I still need Amurites, and Luchuirp.

If I don't receive them until update I'll add income for this turn and consider orders to be 'do nothing'. Fair? Alternatively I could put regency council and issue fitting set of orders myself.

While you wait...

The life of Matt
Spoiler :

Matt always considered himself a man of luck.
Thirty years ago a baby was found in a small rescue boat swinging on the waves. It was a day after a storm that the oldest seamen said to only rank after the legendary Maelstrom. The ship to which the boat would belong to was never seen.
The boy was taken care of by the captain of „Jasmine” - the ship that rescued him. Matt’s (a name after captain’s long lost son) childhood was spent on the deck of the ship and in ports with sailors. He became known as the „Sea Kid”. He slowly fought his way up. Eventually he got a small privateer under his command and sailed towards adventure.
A few years later he became the youngest member of Captain’s Assembly, a respected body within the Lanun society. He made friends with Falamar, the informal leader of the gathering. It wasn’t long time before Falamar’s ship sailed to its last cruise. Nobody knows what happened to the ship and the crew, no trace was ever found. Was it coincidence or a cunning plan will remain unknown, but soon Matt took the Falamar’s place in the Assembly.
With Falamar missing and Hannah droven insane by the voices in her head is there anyone who would oppose the new Lanun leader? Will he unite the scattered people?
He might. Matt always considered himself a man of luck.

First off, from next turn we will have two new players: Kol.7 with Calabim and Marksman with Lanun. Best wishes !

And now, off to update.

Turn 6 Report
Beginning of Turn 7

Astrologers report: Blazing Sword

Astrologers report that constellation of Blazing Sword moved into prominence. These 5 bright red stars are sacred to Camulos, God of War, and sages report that this means a period of wars and bloodshed. Attacking armies are more efficient, Orcs are more active, more blood is spilled in battles, and people are upset at this sign.

-2 stability for all empires

City State of Tia'Ran
Magistrates of Luchuirp city state of Tia'Ran seem to be discontent that large amount of their money is pouring to the Royal Treasury, but they seem to get none of it back. No building, village or farm was constructed in the area for a long time and no gold coin has returned to them, so they feel like their gold is wasted in filling a coffers of Mutambo or Ithralia.

To combat this, they have used their rights as a city state and have made several trade deals with prominent Khazad aristocrats. Their gold is now pouring towards Khazad and not Luchuirp coffers. Even worse, if this trend continues, Tia'Ran might feel closer to Khazad dwarves than Luchuirp.

Khazad authorities have no influence over this, unless they specifically order to stop this.

Luchuirp: -15 Gold
Khazad: +15 Gold
Luchuirp: -1 Stability

Mutambo Mines

Luchuirp grand investments into their mines in Mutambo finally returned profits, as engineers completed a first set of brand new, extremely deep and efficient mines. And this is only a beginning.

Mutambo: +1 mine
Mutambo: +1 gold from each mine

Amurites and the Order
The Order of Junil, although hidden, managed to grow enough to pose some problems to the government. They launched a series of attack on wizard towers, libraries and even trade routes. Especially if funded by foreign powers, they could grow very strong very quickly. For now, they were dispatched, but not without costs.

Amurites: -3 stability

Grigori education efforts

A richer nobles from the Grigori Empire decided to fund local schools, boosting education and research

Grigori can research next Tier 1 tech for 90 gold

Fights in province #5

There are reports that Balseraph troops were sent to province 5, where barbarian activity is reported. Not much else is known, except that they could be working closely with Khazad, to together eliminate this threat.

Kuriotates refugees

Kuriotates are becoming renown as a shelter to all those running for their lands or simply seeking opportunity for better life or money. This time a famous dwarven bard Rhaeg Morr joined their empire, his songs becoming famous in the empire. Also, many mages running away from the repressive regime in their Amurite homeland join their empire, though most powerful of them are yet expected to come

Kuriotates: +2 stability and +5 gold

Ummm.... I just built in Tia'Ran, so could that please be changed. Thanks.

Edit: I also noticed a problem involving that city, when I made it it was called Tia'ran but somewhere along the way the name was shifted to Tar'an in the email which I copy and pasted the name from. I think this is the source of the confusion. I meant Tia'Ran in the orders not Tar'an (I pretty sure that's not even a city).

Ummm.... I just built in Tia'Ran, so could that please be changed. Thanks.

Edit: I also noticed a problem involving that city, when I made it it was called Tia'ran but somewhere along the way the name was shifted to Tar'an in the email which I copy and pasted the name from. I think this is the source of the confusion. I meant Tia'Ran in the orders not Tar'an (I pretty sure that's not even a city).

Well I'm sure that ruler had nice plans on paper but they did not start until this discontent already manifested. :D

In other words, even though you had this in mind, orders came after the update... Think of it as peasants rebelling even though king planned tax cuts. I'll remedy +1 stability, but gold is unfortunately lost.

I don't think it's too harsh and I find this an interesting event. Also, please everyone send orders sooner!!:goodjob:

The Svartalfar would be interested in a fair trade for Mysticism

Leaving Al-ash-ir (Part 1)

Agron moved swiftly through the caves of Al-ash-ir, he knew his masters would want to hear his news immediately and it did not do to keep them waiting. The ice was gone! He thought to himself as he sped agilely across the cave floor towards the lights on the far side of the cavern.

As he drew closer he stared up at the Palace that climbed the wall of the cave right up to the ceiling. He now made his way through the narrow streets of the city of Al-ash-ir, which in the tongue of the Calabim means ''Teeth of the Vampire'', referring to the stalactite-encrusted ceiling of the cavern which loomed over Calabim homeland. Agron observed the small houses around him, and watched the people of the city going about their daily business under the shadow of the Vampires' palace. Fitting, Agron thought. The fellowship taught that humans were made to serve beneath Vampires, and so it had always been. The natural order of life. Vampires above Humans, Humans below Vampires.

However, although many outsiders would surely consider this life in a poor light, serving beneath the House of Calabim was not all that bad, particularly when you knew how to play the game. You kept your head down, and did what you were told to the letter. You did everything they asked to the absolute best of your abilities, no matter what it was, and made sure you maintained their favour at all times. This was how Agron had obtained the rank of Arkagoi, the highest non-military caste of the human populace, equal in authority to the much-feared Moroi, and had been promoted to an Inspector of Trades. A remarkably high position within Calabim human society. Of course, effectively his job was to give the Vampires a ''reason'' for which to legitimately kill a citizen. Usually, someone who had been reported for speaking out against the government by the Haloi spies hidden within the city.

Today he had been inspecting some mushroom gatherers who were suspected for being part of a humanist secret society. Today, Agron had reported them guilty of poisoning the mushrooms they had been planning on selling to the Palace kitchen and had gathered so-called ''evidence'', which he would add snake's milk to later. Of course, even if they had poisoned them they would have had only the smallest effect on the Vampires, but such was life. He was not proud of his actions, but knew he had no choice. His high rank could be stripped like the dropping of a stalactite, sending his life crashing to the ground.

Thankfully, during his covert integration into the group, they had not revealed any signs of humanism. If they had, their charge would be far greater. Of course, even without the treason, they would still die. They, and their families, would simply vanish. Abducted in the night by the Moroi brutes and dragged up to the Palace, where they would be branded ''Kraltavoi'', the lowest, criminal, caste and dumped unceremoniously into the Feeding Pits, a series of tunnels and caves dug out of the rock beneath the palace, with only one way out, guarded by Moroi at all times. Here they would live lives of fear, never knowing when a Vampire would grow bored with the Aristocracy and come down into the pits for some time out. Here they would rape, torture and then finally kill their prey, and it was Agron's job to make sure the pits remained well stocked with victims.

However, compared to the punishment for Humanism and Treason, this was nothing. Had there been any solid evidence of either, a Hunt would take place. Agron shuddered to himself as he climbed the rough stone steps to Alexis's chambers. A Hunt was the ultimate symbol of Vampiric dominance over Humans, when every vampire would leave the Palace with a personal body guard of Moroi and kill and feed upon anyone found to be Humanists, anyone suspected to be humanists, and anyone they personally didn't like, just as a Predator hunts it's prey. The message was clear, and the morning after the Hunt there was always a wave of loyalty and servitude displayed in each and every citizen. Humanists were hated by both the Vampire Aristocracy and their Human peers.

As Agron reached the door of Alexis's room he hesitated a moment before entering. He hoped his news would outrank the obvious disappointment She always showed when he informed her that there would not, in-fact, be a Hunt taking place tonight. He took a deep breath, and opened the door.

And suddenly, new players. Two of them.

Nice update Jopa. If you could only made map for every update, it would be nearly perfect.

And will we get applications and starting locations of new players?

Well I'm sure that ruler had nice plans on paper but they did not start until this discontent already manifested. :D

In other words, even though you had this in mind, orders came after the update... Think of it as peasants rebelling even though king planned tax cuts. I'll remedy +1 stability, but gold is unfortunately lost.

I don't think it's too harsh and I find this an interesting event. Also, please everyone send orders sooner!!:goodjob:

That's fine, I just don't want everyone rebelling against me for no reason.

@loki: yes, wait a sec

Now for civics:

Labor:

Tribalism: No benefits, but you get stab hits if you grow too big and don't change out

Slavery: Half cost for buildings and improvements. Expect events that increase gold income from farms, mines, and cities, but also slave revolts, and stab hits if you are good civ.

Military State: Reduces military upkeep. Currently you pay 1 gold p/t for each unit as long as you remain in your supply limit (5+2 units per city), 2 gpt for each over it until you hit twice your limit, then 3 gpt... Military state reduces this by one level - so you pay 0/1/2... Basically your supply is free long as you are in your supply limit.
In addition it reduces your city income by 1. Expect events that provide free units, especially in emergency.

Serfdom: Villages are less effective (-1 gpt) but farms are more effective (+1 gpt). In addition, upon converting to serfdom, one village in each province is converted to farm, if possible, and one more farm in each province is provided for free.
Expect increased stability and noble support if you are running aristocratic government and peasant rebellions, especially if under liberal governments.

Caste System: Depending on what castes you choose to enact, and how do you rank them (from highest and ruling one to the lowest), you gain different bonuses.

Ill make a change here and remove tech requirements for civics. Techs that used to be a requirement now offer an opportunity to change to that civic with no stab hit.

Stab hit depends on your government type, cultural values, alignment and stability, and can be from -1 to pretty much anything (but rarely over -10) It can also take time to switch, up to one turn with half or no income

Economy:

Agriculture: +1 gold from farms, farms built at half costs, all other improvements (but not buildings) for double costs.

Conquest: Stability and gold is gained from conquering provinces and pillaging is more effective. In addition, stability can be lost if you are long without warfare.

These two are only available now.

Map at beginning of Turn 6

Black provinces are controlled by barbs and can be conquered to get outpost.
They also provide a threat of invasion.

Here come the Lanun.

Name: Marksman77
Civilization: Lanun
Starting location: you'll see
Civ Leader Name: Matt
Religion: Religious freedom, many follow Tali
Government: City States
Cultural Values: Economy/Liberty
Economy: Barter
Labor: Conquest
Stability: 100

Spoiler :

Lanun lack strict central organisation that most other nations have in place. They are more of city states, or one even could say ship-states. Cities are governed by Councils, led by High Councellors, consisting of the richest and most influential citizens. The most respected group in the society are ship owners and captains (which is mostly the same). To own even the smallest ship means more than be an elder of a large village or city Council members. Those who own fleets of few ships are equal in power and respect to High Councellors. The most respected captains and High Councellors of the main cities form the Captain’s Assembly, which can be viewed as the closest to central government as the Lanun can get. The government can be perhaps best described as kind of oligarchical city-states, with a healthy dose of anarchy.

Lanun are a tolerant folk, though a bit arrogant, believing they’re something better than land-dwellers. They see themselves as free, as opposed to those who are bound to land.

There is much religious diversity among the Lanun. Many worship Tali, the god of Air. But in Lanun cities one can find temples and followers of almost any religion present on Erebus. Particular city states may differ in the degree of religious freedom, but it is generally accepted as a rule.

I had some problems with choosing labor civics. I'd like to have something with emphasis on trade and economy, but I couldn't find anything suitable. So I chose militaristic civics instead.

Name: Kol.7
Civilization: Calabim
Starting location: Cities: 41, 47 Outposts: 42,43
Civ Leader Name: Alexis
Religion: Fellowship of Leaves, the Natural Order
Government: Aristocratic Monarcy
Cultural Values: Religion/The Natural Order
Economy: Agriculture
Labor: Caste system.
Stability: 100

Top Bottom