Fantasy Buildings

That one pic looks like it's from Dungeon Siege, but I agree that hrochland's stuff is way better.

The mountain model and texture is a little rough I think and the trees need an opacity map.. but the actual building looks good, and the bridge with the river.

Yes, you are right, mountain want some work still - as regards trees, on the picture you can see, where are trees. I don´t know, if is functionally make opacity on such little space. I don´t wanted add 4rd texture for trees only. In the game I depend on average size of model. These trees are little...

Yes, you are right, mountain want some work still - as regards trees, on the picture you can see, where are trees. I don´t know, if is functionally make opacity on such little space. I don´t wanted add 4rd texture for trees only. In the game I depend on average size of model. These trees are little...

Maybe you could use the trees and textures of the ones already in game? I don't think one more texture could hurt.. or you could probably make a pine tree, they always look good :D (no opacity map needed with those).

Don't be afraid to make it better quality at the cost of performance because this building will most likely be made as a world wonder, meaning that there will only ever be one in each game :thumbsup:

Also with the mountains - maybe there's a way to use the vanilla models and textures? They'd look really nice with your buildings.

@ Chugginator
I use sometime original textures for terrain base but imladris_hill texture is 128x128. That´s why has hill low detail. No shrubbery, no waterfalls

I have at home computer with 500Ram and low graphic and for example my HrochMod3,2 with many new models makes game slower. That´s why I´am trying make a little size models, I think :) :)

Another nice building :)

I thought maybe the roof was a product of drunkin dwarven engineering. :lol:

The barrels add a great touch. :thumbsup:

I thought maybe the roof was a product of drunkin dwarven engineering. :lol:

The barrels add a great touch. :thumbsup:

All knows the dwarfs like drinks ;)

Chugginator said:
The roof looks kind of funny (I think it would look better with a regular roof) but other than that it looks very good I like the ground texture, and the barrels.

It is for the same workart as before

Bah, like a normal build person could possibly fill its stomach with dwarven rations. :p

Good work on it, hrochland. You're approaching fast the time I could whip together a cityset with all those structures. ;)
On that though, if you would ever create all the small structures as shown in the pic below you would already be half way to a sufficient amount.

Thanks all

@ Geo
You are reading my thoughts. I really thought about that if I create more buildings like these, it would be good cityset from them for my mod.
I know how busy you are, so I didn´t dare to ask you, if you would be willing to make cityset with all these buildings, when they will be ready.
I have already tried to make cityset but my work crashed as I already wrote.
I surely will make more buildings from artwork above and if you have time and be willing to I would be very glad if you would create such cityset for me. It would be great help for me. :)
Maybe someone else could use it too :) :)

To fill in the cityset you can also group some barrels/boxes, use a forge, or some very simple buildings.

Thanks all

@ Geo
You are reading my thoughts. I really thought about that if I create more buildings like these, it would be good cityset from them for my mod.
I know how busy you are, so I didn´t dare to ask you, if you would be willing to make cityset with all these buildings, when they will be ready.
I have already tried to make cityset but my work crashed as I already wrote.
I surely will make more buildings from artwork above and if you have time and be willing to I would be very glad if you would create such cityset for me. It would be great help for me. :)
Maybe someone else could use it too :) :)

Just for clarification: I won't be able to create a .nif file with all your models in it, but I can xml your models in such a way they appear like a city ingame.
But working from a single cityset .nif is of course the easiest way to do it.
On how quick it would be done, depends on when you deliver the graphics. ;)

Check how to make cityset by Chamedrys - it should explain how to make it

It's not really detailed on how to put new models in an existing cityset .nif :sad:

I would create it by using one of the current sets, then throwing all the new buildings on top of the old ones in sceneviewer, and then delete the old buildings. I don't know about the xml for this but it should be simple.

To me, the xml is simple, the actual graphic manipulation not. ;)
Guess I have to try it sooner or later.

Top Bottom