Germany, the Most Popular Country in the World!

I think I know how we can get back to being #1.

The world loves Obama. We should carve his face into the Moon :D

Or maybe literally solve world hunger. Something big. Or Ipod for everyone on Earth. How many people are there again?

Guess we could stop being jerks :o

Glassmage said:
This is how Hitler should have done it.

Hitler mentioned within two posts. Classy.

Poor Germans. :(

Is it a sign of low self-esteem if you have to go "USA #1 :woohoo:" even in unrelated threads?
I mean, take the brits for example. They know they are #1 but they don't rub it in everyone's faces. :)

I think I know how we can get back to being #1.

The world loves Obama. We should carve his face into the Moon :D

Or maybe literally solve world hunger. Something big. Or Ipod for everyone on Earth. How many people are there again?

Guess we could stop being jerks :o

While Obamania in the Muslim world may have faded his impact on the views on the US in continental Europe cannot be overstated - and actually have been vastly understated so far - face on the moon or not.
This is also a very noticible exception to what i wrote in post #11.
We actually, really like Obama, more than kittens possibly. Heck, i even have problems making a guess who has been the last US president we could as easily relate to. Eisenhower?
The obvious disillusionment notwithstanding everybody here is still like "Wtf has happened? Since when are they in the business of electing non-clowns that we could have possibly picked ourselves?"

In case you are misunderstanding: We particularly like the guy when he is off prompter, that dry wooden dude.
Actually come to think of it: Can you talk to him about relocating here? He could arrive just in time for the 2017 campaign and i am reasonably sure the social democrats will fail to come up with a decent candidate until then... :mischief:

I'm unsurprised. Even in the UK there is a positive image of Germany, a grudging admiration of its values and what it has achieved. In fact if you read the Guardian newspaper practically every ill in British society can be remedied by doing things the "German" way, there is an almost comedic devotion to all things German in that paper now. Even the football pages are obsessed with the "Deutsch model".

Actually come to think of it: Can you talk to him about relocating here? He could arrive just in time for the 2017 campaign and i am reasonably sure the social democrats will fail to come up with a decent candidate until then... :mischief:

Honestly, I would prefer sixteen years of Merkel over that right-wing nut. Obama isn't a quite a bad guy, but he is American.

Honestly, I would prefer sixteen years of Merkel over that right-wing nut. Obama isn't a quite a bad guy, but he is American.
Hey, he can't really do anything with our armes forces. Mostly because one can't do anything with our armed forces.
And the situation with the secret services can really only be improved.

Think about it: You could easily avoid any drone strike by noticing that less than 80% of the people around you are agents posing as terrorists (or vice versa) and casually walk away without any haste or panic.
It would be impossible not to tip people off...
Even the football pages are obsessed with the "Deutsch model".
You mean nationalising this neat concept:
Spoiler :

I'm unsurprised. Even in the UK there is a positive image of Germany, a grudging admiration of its values and what it has achieved. In fact if you read the Guardian newspaper practically every ill in British society can be remedied by doing things the "German" way, there is an almost comedic devotion to all things German in that paper now. Even the football pages are obsessed with the "Deutsch model".

Well, we fired our president for a relatively minor case of corruption and several ministers for plagiarizing in their decade old doctoral dissertation.
That's a model ANY country should adapt, no matter what.

As long as the "incident" in Hessen, where tax investigators were declared psychological unfit merely so that they could be fired, while the actual reason was that "someone" didn't like whom they were investigating/how eager they were to do their job, doesn't cause any heads to roll (besides the one of the corrupt psychologist) I would be careful with such broad characterizations. And those responsible can be assumed to be up quit high. So did someone who was supposed to testify regarding that whole affair suddenly have nothing to say after he was offered a position in the government.
Yes, German media can be pretty tough on relatively minor incidents, but unfortunately from that does not follow that not so minor things actually will cause heads to roll.

As long as the "incident" in Hessen, where tax investigators were declared psychological unfit merely so that they could be fired, while the actual reason was that "someone" didn't like whom they were investigating/how eager they were to do their job, doesn't cause any heads to roll (besides the one of the corrupt psychologist) I would be careful with such broad characterizations.

I never hear about this. Was it under Roland Koch ? It does sound like something Roland Koch would do and he hasa reputation for protecting tax evaders.
Yes, corruption in Germany is a real problem but unfortunately it is (or just seems) worse in other countries.

Impossible, every German I have ever met smells of cabbage. Maybe it's the peaceful nature since the second WW? Let's all try that!

You hold the puppets responsible for the whims of their masters?

and he hasa reputation for
He has a reputation for everything.

And then he doesn't even have the decency to stick around for the election where he gets his ass handed to him...

Doesn't surprise me. Germany is very popular here. Negative German stereotypes don't really pervade very much nowadays.

I told the German teacher that Germany was voted the most popular country in the world, and he said he was surprised. He said he would've voted for Sweden.

Is it a sign of low self-esteem if you have to go "USA #1 :woohoo:" even in unrelated threads?

Only if one's identity is linked inexplicably to one's country.

I told the German teacher that Germany was voted the most popular country in the world, and he said he was surprised. He said he would've voted for Sweden.

Bless em.

Anyway who do you do you cheer for tomorrow: BVB or FCB?

Spoiler :
Easily BVB for me! Kill em Reus!

Top Bottom