Goz-12 - 5CC - Large map - Space Race

I will support the sword army decision also. Besides whacking Lizzy's cities, it will be good insurance against any other mal-contented AI's who might cross us.

What are are other choices really?

I am guessing we will have plenty more leader opportunities in the future so don't worry about getting another one

Pre-turn: start by changing a couple builds since this war looks to be over soon. Rojo to lib in 2 and Pyong to granary in 11. Seoutl to lib in 4. Move some units onto the mountains at to set up a funnel to grass.

IT Sword attacks Seoul and our spear is flawless. (1-0). Iroquois start Leo's and KT. 3 more reg swords headed towards funnel.

330 Send both elite swords to Leeds. Whack a 2/3 spear with our elite sword (2-0). Move a spear to control the mountain at Seoul.

IT 2 swords move into the funnel. Rojo Lib--> gran
310 Attack Leeds and get a archer bombard and presto. We get an MGL. :dance: Take the leader back to Nampo to start an army. Load with 3 vets since Lil' Whomper can upgrade later and I'd rather use the army now. Whack another sword with the army heading back to Nampo. (3-0)

IT Lose a fortified spear to a reg sword that redlines (3-1). Odds were 60% we'd win. Dang. See some russian MI. :eek:
Get the heroic epic message. Archer bounces out of Leeds.

290 There's lots of swords around. Knock out 1 spears at Leeds. (4-1) Send the army over to end this madness.

IT Wow lots of English units. She comes for peace. Nah not yet. Seoul completes a lib and start a temple. The city needs some happiness.
270 Army hits Leeds and wins then a sword wins, gets a worker and razes the city. Send a warrior out to promo hunt beats a archer and a sword promotes hitting a sword. (8-1) Now she offers myst but nothing more. It's likely since they have some units on our territory but there's nothing I can do about that. Take Myst and peace for 20.

IT
250 MM around

IT Iroquois finish KT.
230 All our gpt deals expire so I turn up research on republic to 60% due in 20.

IT Volcano blows next to Leeds rubble. :lol:
210 Disband the 2 reg warriors since our unit support is at +4gpt. Slow growth in Nampo to get the lib with no waste.

IT Bouncing bucket gran -->lib Nanpo lib--> gran Iroquois starts Cops. :( A russian tundra town finishes Leo's.
190 Muskets in Philly.

IT Hiawatha comes asking for 21g. He's close to us. Cave. Iroquois finish Cops. Volcano erupts and some lava lands on one of our mountains.
170 Nada mucho

IT Aztecs come for 20g. They're far away and we actually need the gold for deficit research on republic. Shut him down and he declares. Temple finishes in Seoul and start the HE.
150 Nada mucho

Attachments

• goz12_150 BC.SAV
    341.6 KB · Views: 84
Holy moly, we don't have Repub yet and we're seeing muskets? :eek: We'll have to do some serious rubble-making if we're going to hope to launch in this one. Well, we can do some more pointy stick research in 20 I suppose. Or kill enough jaguars that Monty gives us something.

Nice job, Whomp!

I'm without internet access at home (I'm at work now), so I wont be able to get to this till the end of the week I think. If someone wants to go first thats fine, if folks are prepared to wait, I'll play it before the weekend (if I cant get internet back up I will need a skip, but will post from work tomorrow if that looks likely)

My internet is back but I've been called into do a double roster tomorrow so wont be able to play till Tues at earliest - sorry folks but I'll need to be skipped

All right then. Jumping from the Axis of Evil 5CC SG, where we're the tech gods, to this one, where we're ... not. Will do my best not to let the jaguars smack us down. Will play some time this weekend.

Well, give your best to become as close in tech as possible. Killing Jaguars might be a good method for that. :p

And let's hope Andronicus gets his civ-time back :)

How about a roster check.

Gozpel--UP however I'm not sure he's available during the week.
Zerksees Could be up if Goz can't play it.
Pentium
Whomp--just went
Andronicus-- needed a skip
Simple Monkey--RL kicking in

I'm back and notice no-one played since I asked for skip - if it's Ok to take another couple of days I can take my turn after all, wont be able to play for 24 hours though so if others want to play first thats OK. If no got it in next 24 hours I'll post mine :D

[lurk] Hey - nice story guys - i canny wait for the saltpeter spots! [/lurk]

Well there is good news and there is bad news

First the good news
We are now the Korean Republic :beer:

Now the bad news
Cathy has allied with Monte against us:vomit:
Is this the start of a dog-pile?

Bought contact with Hittites and sold it on to others for coins. Hittites backward but able to get MM and a few gold coins from them
Maintained neg gpt most of turnset financing with above coins.
Gave in to extortions from Celts and Babs but didnt lose much gold as had run down our treasury to bare bones.

Only 1 battle with Aztecs - knocked off a warrior. Watched Aztec knights suiciding against American spears from the safety of our curragh

Turn log

Pre-turn
Pyong our most corrupt at 23% -> switch to court
MM to speed Rep

IBT
Aztec warrior appears S of Rojo
Rojo granary -> sword

1) 130BC
eSw d warr (1-0)

IBT
Brennus demands all our gold (4) - I cave, first remove our neg gpt

2) 110BC
disband warrior in BB to speed lib (had moved from Rojo)

IBT
Hammurababbi demands all our gold (1) - I cave - not worth it for 1g
Nampo gets culture expansion
Germans building Bach's

3) 90BC
nothing

IBT
French, Iroquios, Aztecs, Celts building Bach

4) 70BC
nothing

IBT
Americans dow Aztecs
Americans join the build Bach's party

5) 50BC
France will sell contact with Hittites - costs 5gpt, I pay
Hittites are backward - know MM but down lit, HBR, CoL, myst & phil
Trade myst + phil for MM + 4g (all they have)
Sell contact with Hittites to Russia and Germany netting 34g (put science to 90% for 2 turns to spend it)
Switch BB to harbour

IBT
Rojo sword -> sword
Russians building Bach's

6) 30BC
still no sign of Aztecs (dont think they will get past Americans)
Hittites now have HBR but no money to pay for lit or CoL

7)10BC
nothing

IBT
Pyong granary -> sword
French building Magellans

8) 10AD
Aztecs willing to negotiate, for a price ... Pyong ... I decline

IBT
Republic researched
Trade England Republic for maths + 8gpt
Set research for currency
Revolt -> 2 turn anarchy
Seoul riots -> scroll ahead

9) 30AD
Trade maths to Hittites for 9g (still up rep, lit and CoL)

IBT
Aztecs and Russians MA against us
Russians say howdy with a knight

10) 50AD
We emerge into Republic
Currency due in 6 @ -7gpt, 29 in treasury

Time to blat Cathy (I hope). Unlike Aztec war this will be no phony one.
If Cathy brings anyone else into the war (esp Germany, Iroquois, French or English) we could be in deep trouble.

gozpel said:
And most important, never tickle the AI's nerves. We are meek and humble, we grovel in the dust and we pay tribute.

I suppose this bit of advice from goz11 should have been repeated at the start of this one.

We'll probably find a way out though - this situation just makes it a little harder.

gozpel I think you are up next

Finally weekend and I've got it.

Too bad SM dropped out (you'll be invited in the next game, if I start one) :)

No need to point out the obvious, we're in trouble and I'll try to keep us alive.

Edit: Erh? I would if I could find the save?

gozpel said:
Edit: Erh? I would if I could find the save?

The computer gremlims have gobbled it up :mischief:

Translates - last player had a senior's moment and forgot to post it (if he can remember he will post it as soon as he gets home from work in about 2 hours)
:blush:

Ah, the joy of fighting a Deity civ with a Chieftain-worth military (plus an army, so we do have an advantage)... :)

Top Bottom