Hangover Cures

BCLG100

Music Master
Well im 18 and obviously it was Saturday last night and therefore i wasnt sitting at home reading a book but out getting extremely drunk and made my hangover cure today.

A bacon and egg butty with a mug of tea.

Just wondering what everyone else has (obviously water) and whether they really work or is it just psychological?

Some milk to kill the wiskey&vodka that likes to stay in the stomach for 12-24 hours.
And a lot of nutritious food - eggs & meat are good if it's morning.

Oh and maybe a pill with CaCO3 to kill the acidity.

But then again i don't get the usual type of hangover. When i wake up i feel perfectly normal ... except for this HUGE rock i feel in my stomach.
Other than that, nothing ... no other effects.

EDIT: i meant to say calcium there ^

the best cure is to drink alot of water before getting to bed, you just have to remmeber it ;)

I haven't had a hangover in years. Sometimes I feel a little groggy for the day, but that's as bad as it gets. And if it bothers me too much, I drink some more alcohol :p

Kan' Sharuminar said:
I haven't had a hangover in years. Sometimes I feel a little groggy for the day, but that's as bad as it gets. And if it bothers me too much, I drink some more alcohol :p

well then your not drinking enough the night before :mischief:

water is important, but your body will process 1 alcoholi drink per hour. There's nothing you can do about this rate, so the best cure for a hangover is to not over-drink =)

Citrus, best is whole oranges or lemons - WHOLE, if you'll eat shell - the better.
Or juice of conserved cucumbers - have to be salty.
The most powerful of all - one little glass of alcohol drink you got. But no more.
And the absolut one - not to get drank at all.

the best cure is to drink alot of water before getting to bed, you just have to remmeber it

This. Also if you're completely drunk when you get home don't go to sleep right away, stay up and watch TV/play games (and drink more water) and then go to bed when you stop seeing double :p .

I always find grease helps get rid of the queasy feeling in your stomach, and apart from that I just drink a lot of water when I wake up. Some sort of stimulant to knock the fuzziness out of your brain helps too.

It gets me back to feeling normal faster than doing nothing, so somethings working, even if it is all in my mind

Yes alright people we got the whole 'dont drink now' the 5 posts saying that arn't particularly usefull....

When i have to go into work the next day i sometimes dont bother eating and just go for a bottle of coke for the sugar reallly.

philippe said:
or start drinking again, it's the best cure ;)

nope, it isn't. it may make you feel better instantly, but all it does is drag the hangover further out....

lot's of vitamines and water works best for me.

Water, tons and tons of water. Not to the point of where you saturate your blood, but a lot of it.

Just wondering what everyone else has (obviously water) and whether they really work or is it just psychological?

It's pretty much psychological, your body will process booze at a given rate, water, food, coffee, etc will do little to nothing to change this. If there was a known working hangover cure there wouldn't be so many different theories on it, it'd be in a bottle and sold.

The best cure for a hang over ... don't get hammered in the first place.

Irn Bru, plain and simply. Kan should back me up with this one heh

Water + sweet stuff is what works for me. If it's really extreme I might take some painkillers as well, but I only did that some 5 times in my life as I dislike medication.

The worst thing to advice. NEVER MIX ALCOCHOL WITH MEDICINE!

Top Bottom