1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hangover Cures

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BCLG100, Aug 6, 2006.

1. unscratchedfoot

unscratchedfoot War is a good thing.

I like this combo. You take a chemical drink and drugs to counteract other intoxicants voluntarily induced. The logic is kinduv like people who eat loads of pizza and cake and then take high tech fat metabolizers with unknown side effects to slow down the fat buildup. Or like Lebanon supporting hezbollah shooting rockets into Israel and then crying to the UN to stop the response. Sorry, just a collection of illogical logic. :crazyeye:

2. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

You know what's funny. I saw the headline to the thread and didn't even have to look to see who wrote it. Somehow I just knew. :D
    As I've told you young padawan...lots of water and a burrito or gyro the size of your head.

3. shadow2k

shadow2k Chieftain

So gatorade = chemical drink
    And drugs = advil

:lol:

Hey, let's play semantics and make everything sound EVIL! Every time you mow your lawn, you're committing genocide against plant life and destroying our world! If you take vitamins every day, you're an addicted to drugs, and need to go to rehab!

4. homeyg

homeyg Chieftain

Hangovers are NOT REAL. If you really drink (like I do), you will know this.

5. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Or like a guy exaggeratingly rambling about a different topics and creating hyped-fear and dragging a political issue into this, :crazyeye:

6. sanabas

sanabas Psycho Bunny Hall of Fame Staff

Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

Failing that, water and lots of it. Plus a couple of beroccas. Preferably before you stop drinking, so your brain doesn't have the opportunity to shrivel up and go nasty.

7. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Quitter booze worked for me (probably not what you want to hear). :D

The main thing that worked for me when I drank somewhat heavily is a few tall glasses of water right before bed (you'll have to wake up once or twice to siphon off some ;)). I only had two hangovers in my life and both were when I did not use that technique.

8. Abaddon

Abaddon Chieftain

Eat a raw egg, then chew on a celery stick.

If your still worrying about the hangover after that.... ;)

9. Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde Dr. techn.

Water and fruit juice is the only thing that helps me. I can avoid hangovers totally when I drink only fruity cocktails like Zombie or Mai Tai, even when I really drink a lot of them.

Champaign or beer (when I really get drunk from them) produce really painfull hangovers for me.

10. Grisu

Grisu Draghetto Moderator

:lol: yeah, let the salmonellae take care of your hangover :cool:

11. Simon Darkshade

Simon Darkshade Mysterious City of Gold

Stick head in bucket of very cold water, then go run or chop some wood to sweat it out. Follow with appropriate pain killers, several Fighter's Favourites and full English Breakfast.

12. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Heres a helpfully Hint if you vomit at the end of the night you dont have a hang over in the morning.

13. unscratchedfoot

This makes no sense. gatorade has chemicals in it and advil is a drug. You point is what shadow2k? Why the 2k after shadow?

14. unscratchedfoot

Do you always refer to your actions in such derogatory ways? You need to cheer up and learn to love yourself. Here have a smile :D

15. Nad

Nad Known Troublemaker

Of course there's no real way to cure a hangover, but there are things you can do to make yourself feel better. Lots of people have mentioned drinkinglots of water already to rehydrate yourself. My own personal addition to this is bananas ;). A couple of nice bananas does the trick. They're not too sweet so you don't feel sickly, and they're fairly easy to eat (personally I cannot bear the thought of eating any meat when hungover).

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

And i didnt even have to see what you wrote when i saw your name because i knew something like this would be coming :p :)

Well then i must have imagined being in a pub/club with alcohol in glasses going from the my glass into my mouth- strange that but i guess it could of happened....

17. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

Just eat something salty and fatty... it'll all be good after that :)

18. salty mud

salty mud Ey-up

Don't drink. Simple.

19. Abaddon

Abaddon Chieftain

Kebabs on the way home HAVE a purpose!

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Ok thats smashing- however if for some reason lots of alcohol got into my system because terrorists put it there then what'd be a good cure????