ImmacuNES II B- Emperor of the Fading Heavens

It is bad enough that guildsmen were given sceptres in the first place. Giving these people, who are not of noble blood (as opposed to the Houses, and in general probably the Church), is borderline republicanism. This is because the Regent is giving this ignoble man extreme power within government, and giving power to those who do not possess it by birthright is republicanism. Sceptre or no sceptre. This is not the republic, and these conniving, usurious conmen have no place in honest government.

ORDERS ARE DUE MONDAY JULY 18th

As for the Hyppean and the Garrison; I ask you, since you are so knowledgable of the combat statistics of our Generals, to release such statistics to prove that Hyppean can't walk the walk compared to the combat statistics of other houses and their commanders.

If you want this position to yourself, you can have it. Hyppean does not mind. If we we are not good enough commanders, then find better - we have proven what we are capable of leading this garrison with minimal losses and even expanded garrison power.

You want statistics I give you statistics -
* We did not kill hundreds of INF IV units with radiation poisoning. In fact, before they were killed, we bought and delivered new Inf IV units to stigmata.
* We cleaned up and we offered healthcare and service to all those rad. poisoned units. Who were left on stigmata to rot by previous commander.
* Garrisson fortifications on stigmata were restored from misrable state they were in
* Garrison has not fallen on stigmata, neither did we have high amount of casualties in Stigmata fortress.
* Hyppean command has successfully seen destruction of 2 symbiot hives, one of them via direct assault into hive heart and gettin' most soldiers out from there ALIVE.
* Garrison under Garrik Harnoth Command repelled symbiots landing fleet from Hubbard, evacuated TWO cities with minimal amount of units.
* Garrison now has new design of Scream Hogs and already has several squadrons of scream hog aircraft on stigmata.

Now that's your statistic. Want simpler statistic? Here:
Garrison has lost far less men than under Koriotate 'leadership' (which set us back hard)
Garrison has succesfully survived more than multiple assaults on stigmata
Garrison repelled Hubbard invasion
Garrison is doing better (-inf IV units that were not lost by hyppean commanders and that set back our wiping out hives plan by several years).
Garrison has more income (hubbard restored, E2 built up).

-Garrik Harnoth

Dear sir, I was stunned by your ignorance but there are those, who live under a rock or in an information block. Just for you I'll explain -
House Hyppean has successfully lead Garrison to destruction of 2 symbiots hives, which is 2 more than previous commanders did.
Garrison under Hyppean command has replled hundred of invasions (including invasion on Hubbard) successfully and with minimal or acceptable losses.
Under Hyppean leadership Garrison has increased its income and control on E2 as well as Hubbard, both before and after the Hubbard Invasion.
I might also add that hyppean leadership saved thousand or more soldiers, who were left here to die by previous commander as well as garrison has now new aircraft that is capable of giving symbiots a good fight and new units are being deployed as we speak.

If you got a better commander, then please, say his name and I'll gladly give away this post to a far more capable commander. Because far more capable commander is better for whole future of entire Empire. But until there is no such leader, Hyppean has to fulfill these duties. And we will honor Pancreator by this service and we will continue wielding Garrison as the Sword and The Shield of Pancreator himself as long as the empire requires our services. Until the day comes, when a better commander steps up. Hyppean shall command the Garrison to best of our capacity. May Pancreator be with the Garrison.

-Tenith Erona

Learn to obey your masters will. Until Alpha decides to appoint a new pack leader for Garrison, so long will Hyppean stay in control. Because Hyppean is (one of the) the greatest of Clans. So fall back in line pup, unless you have a better commander to offer, if not, I'll personally doggify your seating area.
-G'rrif 'Bloodmaker' Harnoth via leaflets on E2

Do you think of your regent so oddly that you would put a muzzle on Guy Fye? What an odd sexual fetishes for house so pious. But aslong as you serve the Pancreator and don't sexualize me or my pack members, your fetishes are non of my concern. Take good care of your pack, but please, don't allow rumors of your fetishes to spread, I do not think many would appreciate them.

-G'rrif 'Bloodmaker' Harnoth (Via leaflets spread all over E2)

As for you (via full-colour booklet), I assure you I have no intention of sexualising you or your brood in any way. This is all a bit of a misunderstanding, you see in my country mutts wear a collar and chain, and if they're snappy, a muzzle. I see in Hyppean they let their animals run free and have a place in government.

This deranged gnoll is getting on my nerves. Could we possibly be rid of him, Northen?

Right, because the noble houses have such an unblemished, selfless record regarding the Imperial posts.

All I'm saying is that House Bossheaim did not mismanage the office, I see no reason why we should be exchanged for a pack of profiteers, proliferating the knowledge of the Imperium's innermost secrets seems like an unnecessary evil to draw upon oneself.

Does the current Regent have anything to complain about concerning the way we managed the Imperial Eye? If so, we can understand the need to replace the commander of the institution, but it is our understanding that we have done a good, no, an extraordinary term as commander of the Eye. We manifactured and distributed the Vaccine against the Demon's Cough, infiltrated the guilds of Clarke (another reason why a guild should not be allowed to command the Eye!), and established contact with the Evvis under peaceful conditions (which were later, through the actions of others, misused and turned sour).

Finally, one of the most integral parts of the Eye is its spy network on Guildheim, something that has been very costly and time-consuming to establish and is by no means easy to maintain or replace. We expect the agents of the Eye to be flushed out or at least identified if the Regent goes through with his intentions of granting the Eye to the guilds.

I just want to know that the Regent has already considered these things and weighted them in his decision. If that is the case, he does us no insult, but his intelligence does his title insult!

@Northen: But you aren't even in control of him. Why do you want such a disobedient gnoll that your house doesn't even know precisely where he is, and such a low-ranking gnoll that he can't even communicate by ordinary methods such as inter-noble radio, as your ACC?

@DE: Personally I suspect the Eye was used as a bribe in return for the league's votes. He has offered the Leagueheim network to them on a plate.

OOC: Spry stop being such a kill joy :p

Well, the Eye was certainly demanded from me in return for the League's votes.

@Northen: But you aren't even in control of him. Why do you want such a disobedient gnoll that your house doesn't even know precisely where he is, and such a low-ranking gnoll that he can't even communicate by ordinary methods such as inter-noble radio, as your ACC?

He has no sceptre and I have no ACC capable of sending messages on E2. This is the case with most ACC's who are not in possession of a sceptre. Besides, he is fun to have and has his own agenda. He'll still vote and think what Hyppean thinks, he just sees things from a different perspective. Besides bringing a non-human ACC into play seems like an interesting idea. I don't play to win, I play to have fun. I'm a builder, I like building, I hate war. So what if I have ACC's with their own views - I like it this way more than the idea that ACC are just tools for the nation.

Playing against your House's interests and promoting mad people or animals to positions of authority is OOC because no sane House would actually do it. If you want your ACC to be disobedient, you ought to get a different ACC to compensate, and your mad character shouldn't be one of the people doing things on the House's behalf.

But whatever you like; I should no doubt just shut up and stop being a killjoy as Eko says.

However, I would definitely like to know if G'riff is a) irrelevant because he has no position of authority; or b) an important noble who has the support of House Hyppean. If a) I'll just ignore him, and if b) I'll just think a lot less of the Hyppean leadership. But you can't have it both ways, and so which way is it? Is G'riff an irritating noise or an important person?

However, I would definitely like to know if G'riff is a) irrelevant because he has no position of authority; or b) an important noble who has the support of House Hyppean. If a) I'll just ignore him, and if b) I'll just think a lot less of the Hyppean leadership. But you can't have it both ways, and so which way is it? Is G'riff an irritating noise or an important person?

C) He has his supporter factions among many, not only Hyppean. He is popular within the crowds and many many minor nobles and has sufficient control over masses. That allowed him to forcefully become an important ACC for Hyppean, while he might not have full support of entire government, he has enough support to represent Hyppean in certain things like building roads and leading project. This is medieval world, and hyppean is union of tribes who are vassals not slaves. And his views are similar with Hyppeans, just he has a bit more aggressive approach and compares everything to dogs/wolves/mutts. So basically he has gained power by force. He is not going to speak against my houses views but he may have his own view where I have none. He is mostly for fun =)

First I think House Hyppean has stated very clearly why I want them retained as Garrison commander.

Second your managing contact with the Evvis, and your support of a treaty with them put you personally opposed to this Regency's beliefs in reagards to the Evvis. I cannot have someone in an Imperial post that does not agree with my general course of action. They can debate and discuss, but the goals need to be agreed with. I have never said you were inept I have no experience either way with you to make such a conclusion. I asked two others to take up the post before Jason Bird. One refused saying he wanted peace with the Evvis and thus disagreed. The other while wavering determined to side with the I want an Evvis treaty camp and then failed to respond either way.

Jason Bird approached me with the idea of naming him to the Eye. In return he would aid the rebuilding of fleet, which you might have noticed is in a very bad situation. He also agreed with the need to face the Evvis and if a treaty is ever going to be possible we have to do it from a position of strength.

You have both openly oppsed me and my policies, two other nobles with the skill I need declined. The only other offers were either after I agreed to appoint Jason Bird as the Eye, or from people who would still vote against me and openly disagreed with me on the Evvis situation.

So explain to me why I would retain you as Eye? I gave more than one noble a chance to take the post and was refused. After it became known I would select Jason Bird as the Eye you exploded. So if you want to know there you have it.

As to republicanism, explain how choosing to appoint a skilled individual to a post in any way is even possibly close to rule by the masses. Jason Bird is not some passing serf. He is a sceptre holder and essentially controls his own fiefdom. There was no election for him, there was no debate. He was chosen and appointed by the Regent. I fail to see this as republicanism.

Lord Guy, Regent

Well, the Eye was certainly demanded from me in return for the League's votes.

Actually it was offered after they knew I was rejected by my first two choices. They told me it was the only way you would get their votes.

First I think House Hyppean has stated very clearly why I want them retained as Garrison commander.

Second your managing contact with the Evvis, and your support of a treaty with them put you personally opposed to this Regency's beliefs in reagards to the Evvis. I cannot have someone in an Imperial post that does not agree with my general course of action.

I did not agree with everything the former Regent or his placeholder did, yet I obeyed orders. I have not made statements on the treaty apart from casting my vote in favour of Texier, and that had nothing to do with the treaty, it had to do with knowing how much they had worked on the Fleet and the belief that they would be the better person to lead us against the Symbiote. That is my honest opinion.

They can debate and discuss, but the goals need to be agreed with. I have never said you were inept I have no experience either way with you to make such a conclusion. I asked two others to take up the post before Jason Bird. One refused saying he wanted peace with the Evvis and thus disagreed. The other while wavering determined to side with the I want an Evvis treaty camp and then failed to respond either way.

Well, the selfish shortsightedness of others can't really be blamed on my house, can it? As an Eye commander I would of course follow the line laid out by the Regent who appointed me. As I did under the last Regent.

Jason Bird approached me with the idea of naming him to the Eye. In return he would aid the rebuilding of fleet, which you might have noticed is in a very bad situation. He also agreed with the need to face the Evvis and if a treaty is ever going to be possible we have to do it from a position of strength.

I noticed. I would have sent in orders to donate all Eye funds this turn to the Fleet anyway, if I had had the eye (and had not been ordered otherwise) as it is the best course of action. I am supporting a Council of Minors donation to the Fleet. I am aware of the problem we are facing.

You have both openly oppsed me and my policies

How so? I cast my vote for another candidate, that's about it, correct?

two other nobles with the skill I need declined. The only other offers were either after I agreed to appoint Jason Bird as the Eye, or from people who would still vote against me and openly disagreed with me on the Evvis situation.

... You can't know for sure I would fit into either of these categories. I would have appreciated an interview or something like that before using the Eye to shop votes with the hagglers.

So explain to me why I would retain you as Eye? I gave more than one noble a chance to take the post and was refused. After it became known I would select Jason Bird as the Eye you exploded. So if you want to know there you have it.

I expected you to entrust the Eye to someone responsible. Of course I exploded when you went ahead and sold it to the highest bidder. I've worked selflessly for four years to get the Eye in a better shape and serve the Empire and I am rewarded with my work being sold wholepiece to some common merchant to be torn apart at his leisure?

You would retain me as the Eye because I have proven my worth in the position and I am already privy to any classified information that might not be smart sharing with sellswords and smugglers, and have proven my integrity in the position for the past four years.

As to republicanism, explain how choosing to appoint a skilled individual to a post in any way is even possibly close to rule by the masses. Jason Bird is not some passing serf. He is a sceptre holder and essentially controls his own fiefdom. There was no election for him, there was no debate. He was chosen and appointed by the Regent. I fail to see this as republicanism.

I have no doubt that Jason Bird has skills with his tongue to get into the position he is, but a brain, a spine and preferably some ethics are more important when commanding the Eye.

He has a sceptre. So does an Elvish Pirate-Murderer-Outlaw. What is your point here.

If you want this position to yourself, you can have it. Hyppean does not mind. If we we are not good enough commanders, then find better - we have proven what we are capable of leading this garrison with minimal losses and even expanded garrison power.

You want statistics I give you statistics -
* We did not kill hundreds of INF IV units with radiation poisoning. In fact, before they were killed, we bought and delivered new Inf IV units to stigmata.
* We cleaned up and we offered healthcare and service to all those rad. poisoned units. Who were left on stigmata to rot by previous commander.
* Garrisson fortifications on stigmata were restored from misrable state they were in
* Garrison has not fallen on stigmata, neither did we have high amount of casualties in Stigmata fortress.
* Hyppean command has successfully seen destruction of 2 symbiot hives, one of them via direct assault into hive heart and gettin' most soldiers out from there ALIVE.
* Garrison under Garrik Harnoth Command repelled symbiots landing fleet from Hubbard, evacuated TWO cities with minimal amount of units.
* Garrison now has new design of Scream Hogs and already has several squadrons of scream hog aircraft on stigmata.

Now that's your statistic. Want simpler statistic? Here:
Garrison has lost far less men than under Koriotate 'leadership' (which set us back hard)
Garrison has succesfully survived more than multiple assaults on stigmata
Garrison repelled Hubbard invasion
Garrison is doing better (-inf IV units that were not lost by hyppean commanders and that set back our wiping out hives plan by several years).
Garrison has more income (hubbard restored, E2 built up).

-Garrik Harnoth

Dear sir, I was stunned by your ignorance but there are those, who live under a rock or in an information block. Just for you I'll explain -
House Hyppean has successfully lead Garrison to destruction of 2 symbiots hives, which is 2 more than previous commanders did.
Garrison under Hyppean command has replled hundred of invasions (including invasion on Hubbard) successfully and with minimal or acceptable losses.
Under Hyppean leadership Garrison has increased its income and control on E2 as well as Hubbard, both before and after the Hubbard Invasion.
I might also add that hyppean leadership saved thousand or more soldiers, who were left here to die by previous commander as well as garrison has now new aircraft that is capable of giving symbiots a good fight and new units are being deployed as we speak.

If you got a better commander, then please, say his name and I'll gladly give away this post to a far more capable commander. Because far more capable commander is better for whole future of entire Empire. But until there is no such leader, Hyppean has to fulfill these duties. And we will honor Pancreator by this service and we will continue wielding Garrison as the Sword and The Shield of Pancreator himself as long as the empire requires our services. Until the day comes, when a better commander steps up. Hyppean shall command the Garrison to best of our capacity. May Pancreator be with the Garrison.

-Tenith Erona

Learn to obey your masters will. Until Alpha decides to appoint a new pack leader for Garrison, so long will Hyppean stay in control. Because Hyppean is (one of the) the greatest of Clans. So fall back in line pup, unless you have a better commander to offer, if not, I'll personally doggify your seating area.
-G'rrif 'Bloodmaker' Harnoth via leaflets on E2
To Hyppean?

Uh... What? I was talking to Holy Gate... I least I hope so. Damn decaf.

To Holy Gate

Here are your statistics. I guess your statement was unfounded.

“Umm, Milady?” Arakia Kathros asked nervously. Lady Htana wasn’t a particularly scary or mean lady, at least by noble status (especially compared to those horrible people from Houses Nacmacorthex and Yuenki*), but she could get snappy when disturbed, and hadn’t been sleeping well.

“M’La-“ Arakia began to say.

“I heard you the first time!” snapped Ghilda, turning sharply of Arakia “What is it?” he continued in a kinder tone “Only I’ve been very busy and now my cousin is on me about finances, and that Nacmacorthex Lady keeps bothering me and what is this?!”

“It’s, um, one of those leaflets that Hyppean, umm, character keeps sending out. He seems unhappy about not getting any votes.”

“The Hyppean must be employing Pedagogue scribes, no-one in that House speaks that well.” Ghilda said indistinctly, then sighed. “Great, something else for Lady Nacmacorthex to complain about, she’s always talking about her Gnoll Anti-Defamation league.”

“It has to be better than what she talks about the rest of the time, milady, heh heh…heh.” Said, then quailed as Lady Htana looked at her oddly.

“Well, I suppose so. The self styled “Wind of Salt and Hooks” gets rather bloodthirsty and aggressive other times. When not talking about fish, that is; it was a mistake to mention my ichthyology interests. Anyway, get going to do… whatever. I need to work to do.”

As Arakria exited the room she noticed the tall women in darkened amour striding purposefully down the hallway. Lady Htana was going to have an unpleasant afternoon.

*Two of the minor sub-houses of House Thana, to be detailed latter.

Immac, could you tell me when you have maybe an hour or so (tomorrow or the day after) to talk. I have a lot of questions, both about the fleet and about my own House affairs.

Spry could you send me any relevant info on the fleet.

Northen could you PM me your plan for the Garrison (Please make it OOC, I'm in no mood to wade through IC stuff with regards to Imperial matters).

Adrogans, if you have anything specific you would like me to do (other than the obvious rebuilding) then feel free to PM me. I'll be available tomorrow around 2pm ish, assuming I sleep well tonight.

If anyone else has questions or concerns about the fleet feel free to PM me and I'll promotely find a way to rudely tell you to mind your own business. :)

IC

To:
The Hyppean dude

Sure man. Keep killing alien things and I'll keep being awesome at life. Sounds like a win win.

To Hyppean?

Uh... What? I was talking to Holy Gate... I least I hope so. Damn decaf.

To Holy Gate

Here are your statistics. I guess your statement was unfounded.

Hardly. What these say is that he did a better job then Koriate (hardly a suprise), we still need better.

Top Bottom