Imperia Mobiana

Verrrry subtle, Aiolos. ;) Someone's been doing their reading!

---

Angel Island, once it is unified, will certainly be interested in a trade agreement.

Update

The Year is 8 PC.

Catstantinople's War of Aggression has been defeated, with Spagonia claiming its lands, its people, its technologies, and its Chaos Emerald.

Events:

The Brotherhood powers up Mexico's shards with no effect; it powers up Adabat's power and, as a result, Adabat gets +23% to its rolls(23 provinces). As such, Adabat gets a 53% chance of getting a Chaos Crystal per turn, and if it succeeds, will get 2. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Someone attempted to steal a Chaos Emerald from Spagonia and failed, but they weren't discovered either.

Angel Island could possibly be unified at last in the near future, with Knuckles commanding the hordes of Echidnaopolis against the attackers. Constable Remington is amazed that he managed to turn them into a fighting force so quickly!

Revolts:

No revolts.

Notes:

i put all my gold to army and adopt all (or the best) civics available to me.

and, i have the most armies int he world! go me!

Trust me when I say that Ener- er, Knuckles, won't tolerate that. l3

The even more glorious and insanely rich Kingdom of Númenor
172 gold

95 gold into military (raises to 10)
51 gold and 4 vault gold into econ (raises to 11)
More freedoms for the Dunédain! Liberal Constitutionalism is adopted.
Spoiler :

1 army built in capital
1 navy built on 4 navy stack
3 navies built in orange circle
troop movements in turquoise
will trade the provinces I've marked with white circles for each other

Adabat
Spoiler claims :

Uses 2 crystals for claims

2 levels of military research.

5 on angel island
5 to support the brotherhood.
Adopt Unitary State
Adopt Liberal Constitution
Adopt Noninterventionism

Glassurica-Helghast War

A statement released by Ixis Mogul, Minister of Cultural Affairs

War is declared on the Iron-fisted Neo Nazi Dictatorship of Helghast, using the Casus Belli “Protection of the Imperium”. Sources of revolt within the The Merchant Republic of the North (Glassurica) have found that the leader of Helghast, the dastardly Chairman Stahl, has been funding the so called “Arctic Freedom Fighters”. Action has been taken to end this support before our revolts grow to epic proportions. We will not rest until this foul nation is neutralized.

Claims and War Plans:

Terms of Peace

-The vassalization of Helghast, with Helghast provideing 20% of their total income to Glassurica each turn. Helghast will give their Cyan chaos emerald to Glassurica for safekeeping.

-Glassurica will return any territories taken below the “Brushwater Line”, marked in red on the map. Glassurica will pay 30 credits to Helghast, for the use of rebuilding its economy. Glassurica will sign an Alliance, a Defensive Pact, and a Trade Agreement with Helghast.[/QUOTE]

----

The defenses of Helghast have been automated. War shall soon commence. With Helghast and Glassurica's orders, we have all 6 human players, so fun can begin.

Whoops! 7 PCs is correct. :crazyeye: CivGeneral, Double A, Taillesskangaru, Mathalamus, Technojock, Brushwaterkhan, and Aiolos.

With myself as the puppet m- er, GM.

I quote Ian Flynn (writer of the Sonic comics) when I say, "Dance puppets dance!"

---

This is going to be bloody!

Helghast has built a fleet of 7 ships to intercept the 5 ships the Glassuricans have sent. If they win, they will kill 7 Glassurican troops! If they lose... well, good lord, Helghast is finished.

The battle of the Sea of Helghast will determine the outcome of the War. Will Ixis Mogul's forces reign triumphant and set him on the path to world domination? Or will tiny Helghast manage to humble the Mammoth in his tracks?

7 4
4 3
9 4
8 11
2 5

That was Glassurica's move. Glassurica loses 2 ships but sinks 3 enemy vessels. Helghast still enjoys 1 unit more than they do, but will it be enough? Helghast counterattacks.

8 1
10 2
6 12
2 6

Glassurica loses 2 vessels and Helghast 2.

As fun was it was to cheer for the underog, Glassurica wins. With one vessel left, it deploys 7 troops to raise Hell.

5 armies then go against 1.

3 4
1 2
7 5

After the opening assault, Helghast has lost 1 army, 3 provinces and 5 ships. Glassurica has lost 2 armies and 4 ships.

Now the real fun. The northern front in Northamer! 3 armies against 2, 3 armies against 2, 3 armies against 3, and 3 against 3.

3 12
12 9
8 3

Helghast loses a province.

11 5
3 3
1 4

1 lost on Helghast's side; 2 on Glassurica's. (I have made it so ties are now like Risk - they favor the defender)

1 12
12 2
3 9

1-2.

9 7
5 12
3 6

1-2 again!

It seems that Shadow Clone program is working wonders! But will Helghast's luck continue in the Yurashia front?

1 against 2 and 3 against 2!

6 1

1 Helghast army destroyed.

8 12
3 6
11 6

2 Glassurican Armies destroyed; 1 Helghast army destroyed.

Glassurica has 49 provinces to Helghast's 27 and 23 armies to its 12. It seems Mogul has met Leonidas! Aid will likely play a role in determining whether this is long and drawn out or lasts forever.

Helghast will await the Chairman's orders before launching a counterattack or not.

Forgot to ask, where is Helghast's capitol? And were my war orders coherent enough? Sorry Brush, I started working on these as soon as TF posted the update, and you didnt send orders last turn. I think the peace treaty is very liberal though... Just say'n.

You can accept it now, come out ahead of where you would be at the end of the turn, I wont take any provinces at all. That way our fine GM wouldnt have to do all those calculations ;)

Edit: Ninja'd by the Update.. Which is nice

Using Brushwater's initial claim map, I have deduced it's the province you captured and have 3 armies in, since it was right in the middle of the starting claims. ;)

Also, be careful Aiolos. He just needs a lucky shot or two and he'll get a ton of territory! Up to him however.

Haha yea I expected it would be a suprise attack :) but I think you liberaly interpreted the "Invest into the Military" orders. Oh well, this aughta be more interesting.

Edit: And if he does expand, he'll be wide open for a strike on my next turn. Heh armies can only move 2 provinces at a time anyway

Wait, really?

I thought it was one! Gah!

Alright, only the Dragon War + CivG + the Helghast need to be completed. So, let us move onto two new things...

----

Mobian Lottery!

Link to video.

Several states, in an attempt to strengthen international cooperation and peace, have started the Mobian lottery, where governments put money towards the pot. They can put anywhere from 5-10 gold into the pot, which determines how much the prize is worth + how high their chances will be. If there are three states, two of which put 5 gold in and a second which puts 10 in, the second state's chances are 50% since it put in 50% of the prize.

The states participating are Mercia, Aryan Seed, Mazuri, Canis Felis, and Spagonia, all of whom have put up 10 gold! Now let's spin the Wheel, shall we?

And the winner is Mazuri! That concludes this year's Mobian lottery; all states are eligible provided they can put forth the minimum of 5 gold. Mazuri now walks home with 50 gold, a profit of 400%.

---

Angel Island

Spoiler Basics :
You can sponsor any of the factions, each having their own benefits/downsides:

-The Brotherhood will use their powers to make your Chaos Emeralds more potent, so they have +1% chance of producing a Chaos Crystal for each territory they own. So right now, +8%. The Brotherhood will try to steal your ME shards if they reach 50% of the island's mass. You can't get them back short of conquering the Brotherhood. They also give all Master Shards a flat 10% chance of producing a Chaos Crystal.

-The Dark Legion will put 0.2 points towards your tech per turn based on how much land they own. If they reach 50% of the island, they will look outward, trying to steal the Master Emerald shards, and you can't get them back short of conquering the Legion.

-Echidnaopolis has no benefits except the fact it's likely to win.

Every turn the factions will do war with eachother. You do not need to meddle in the Island's affairs if you don't want to. Every faction receives ten armies per turn, or less if they have fewer than ten territories. Your sponsorship will give them extra armies; you can intervene directly on their behalf or just fund them(5 gold per army).

---

Completely separate from sponsorship is hunting for goods like gold, gems, etc. which the Island is full of. It costs 1 gold a try to find riches, with a 10% chance of success; success yields either 1-20 gold or 1-5 Chaos Crystals. To make this fair, anybody with a navy can access Angel Island even if they couldn't reach it otherwise. Your success is upped to 25% if you are sponsoring a faction as their forces will assist you(and of course if you request their help), but you will have to split the booty and thus get the greater half.

---

Emerald Readers: To use a complete Master Emerald, you must recruit either a Legionaire from the Dark Legion or from Albion(the island in the landlocked sea next to Link's nation). You MUST have access to the island to use these.

---

If the Master Emerald is returned to Angel Island, it will rise into the sky and become inaccessible until the Modern Age; everything will also be reset politically. Your vessels, if in the area, will be teleported back home.

Aid:

Dark Legion - Support from Numenor in 7 PC

Brotherhood - Aid from New England in 7 PC, 5 gold from Adabat in 8 PC (Current Year)

Echidnaopolis - No aid. Not that they need it.

The Dark Legion has 11 provinces, and so hands out 2.2 Tech Credits to its supporters - solely Numenor.

The Brotherhood has 23 provinces, and its bonus is they make every Master Shard act like a Chaos Emerald, with a 10% chance of producing a Chaos Crystal for EACH Shard.

The exception is if you own an actual Chaos Emerald, in which case they just pump your chances up by 1% per province they own. So, right now, whoever owns Chaos Emeralds gets +11% to their chances if they support the Brotherhood.

----

Angel Island combatants, being the most advanced race on the planet(more or less), can move 3 provinces! This will end the war quick.

Brotherhood gets 11 armies; everyone else gets 10.

Now to draw straws. Legion first, Brotherhood second, Knuckles last.

The Legion captures one province but is left with 5 armies, having been decimated by the Guardian's troops!

Spectre says it's time for this temper tantrum to end. He will use the full extent of his Chaos powers if need be!

...his jaw gapes as Knuckles' forces obliterate his with just as much deadly accuracy. How is this possible?! About to lose his temper himself, he braces for the worst...

With his enemies defeated...

Knuckles is ready for the next round, the Endgame!

The Guardian soon easily takes 2 unguarded provinces; he soon presses his attack on Spectre's forces.

2 units are lost, but the Guardian soon disposes of Spectre's main force. 2 more are lost before Spectre's final force is purged. With Spectre's forces neutralised, he focuses on the Legion's at Guardian X's suggestion.

As he sees Knuckles - clad in a strange battlegear - lead his own troops away from the Brotherhood's ruined army, Spectre can only think, "...where did he get all this power?"

Knuckles loses 4 armies, but the Legion is finally without men.

When the dust clears, Echidnaopolis is by far supreme, with huge numbers of men and most of the Island. The Brotherhood has only 3 provinces while the Legion has 5. It is all over!

---

The Diary of Knuckles - Day 152, 8 PC (3248 MY)

While many good people have been lost on both sides, I can't help but feel satisfied - this War is over. Some pockets of Resistance still remain, but for the most part, it is over and the Island is unified.

Spectre seemed to refuse to believe a "child" could be more potent in Chaos energy than himself. He invited me to a duel - if I won, he would surrender and the entire Brotherhood would become part of the unified Echidna people at last. If he won, I would likewise, surrender to him. I wasn't sure about it, but Guardian X said I was more than capable of handling myself; he mentioned how I thrashed my great(5x) grandfather's armies in combat.

It seems he knew it was me, battle armor - which Guardian X did a great job designing - aside. Even if we are on opposite sides, I know my family's honor runs deep, and so, I agreed to his terms.

It was quite an epic battle. No armor on either side - for once in a blue moon, Spectre didn't have his headgear or cape on. It was echidna on echidna, nothing but what was in our bodies being used as weapons.

He gained the upper hand at first. As he told me to forfeit, saying how futile it was to fight someone with decades of experience at his side, I remembered what Guardian X had trained me in. We had exchanged techniques in the Master and Server sides of the Chaos Force. Most of my family didn't really learn many Server techniques; they'd learn a handful and use the Master techniques to amplify them. But with many techniques Spectre did not know, I was able to defeat him.

He pounded on the Chaos Cage, demanding release. I couldn't help but smile. While he didn't seem keen to end it, Saber, the most liberal of my forefathers, stepped in and said that with Spectre incapacitated in a battle where Chaos powers were perfectly legal, I had won. This started a debate with Sojourner, Spectre's son, but alas, it was agreed. Spectre was released, but now weakened - the Cage had also been equipped with a move X called "Chaos Drain" - I was easily able to shove him to the floor.

Day 154, 8 PC

The Brotherhood has surrendered. While Spectre might be sore at me for a while, I am glad that me and my family are no longer enemies.

...or one side of it anyway. My uncles who compose the Dark Legion, and are the forefathers of my love, Julie-Su, still remained. I had to get rid of them too. Moritori was less keen on a duel, word having spread quickly. Fortunately, there were only three members of the Legion family left - Julie-Su's grandfather, Moritori Rex; Julie-Su's half-sister, Lien-Da, and Lien-Da's son, Rutan. Julie-Su has renounced her lineage, while likewise, Remington, my good friend, has renounced his ties to his father(and Julie-Su's half-brother) Kragok.

Rutan is missing, as is Lien-Da. It will just be me and Moritori.

Day 161, 8 PC

Moritori is dead. We arrived only to find his corpse, surrounded by his hooded lackeys, who all quickly bowed respectfully to me. I was shocked; had they killed their leader?

They explained Moritori was mad and hellbent on fighting me despite the fact no armies could match mine, and few individuals could match me. Accordingly, they euthanised the aging Moritori, true to Legion tradition, and declared me their new leader in absentia.

I took them as my underlings and asked them to integrate into Echidna society. I decided to show how serious I was to lead echidnas of all stripes by taking on a robotic right eye. They were awed.

Julie-Su had been disowned by Moritori as much as Lien-Da, both considering her not a true member of the family due to her roots as a half-sibling of Lien-Da's. Regardless, she said it would be decent to give him a burial. We intend to bury him soon.

At long last, the two bloodlines are united. Julie Su gave birth not too long ago, in 3246, to a wonderful baby daughter, Lara-Su, her first name taken from my mother Lara-Le, and her second name taken from Julie's own.

More importantly, the factions and Island as a whole are united. It's going to be rough making the Dingos, Legion, and Brotherhood be friends, but I'll try my best...

==

Angel Island is unified. All treasure hunting is hereby made illegal by the new Echidna government; these are the treasures of the peoples of Angel Island.

Who automated my orders without my consent?! :mad:

I don't recall giving aid to the Brotherhood! How is there bonus useful to us when we have nothing of benifit!!

Meh, no matter. The Legion are worm food anyway. Should have gone with the winner, but the tech bonus is just too enticing. Eventhough they gotten there buns handed to them.

Anyway, orders as follows:
15 to Economy
15 to Military
Bank the rest into the bank

Raise 2 armies and base them in the homeland. Gotta build up a defense due to the Helghast aggression happening.

Diplomacy:

Okay. Diplo will become important now.

I hereby define superpowers as the top three largest base income economies - that would be Adabat at 100.5, Numenor at 90, and Shamar at 85.5. Glassurica is an emerging superpower at value 82.5 and that may increase with the fall of Helghast.

Remember that superpowers cannot become allies, sign defensive pacts, or guarantee eachother.

"-Guarantee. You promise to protect a state if it is attacked. No limits on guarantees. You are unable to make them with fellow superpowers if you are one.

-Defensive Pact. You and another state promise to protect eachother if one is attacked. You are limited to one for every 5 tech levels(so 10 total by the endgame). You cannot make them with other superpowers if you are one.

-Alliance. You and another state promise to fight with eachother on the offense and the defense. You are limited to two overall, and can't make the first until Tech Lv. 10 and Tech Lv. 20, and cannot make them with other superpowers if you are one."

The three alliance-related options.

Now, let's get to work!

Ahem.

The Acorn Republic and Mexico have signed a formal alliance, which will allow them to side with eachother in both offensive and defensive wars. They both propose a defensive pact with New England. This Northamer Defense Organisation will help check Glassurica's ambitions. While no one will miss Chairman Stahl or his regime, the world does, nonetheless, look at the chess board rather than the chess pieces.

Especially so. As Sonic the Hedgehog, 28 (biologically 27) stated, "They have Mammoth Mogul in their friggin' government! Can we trust that?!" Queen Sally had to calm her husband's harsh words, naturally, but nonetheless thought it couldn't hurt to have a network of allies on the continent.

---

Elsewhere, the fall of the Aryan Seed - and its replacement with the new Felidae regime - has changed Soumercan's politics. Canis Felis has become Lupus, likewise. There are fears of the old wolf-feline rivalry resurfacing, but leaders have moved quick to diffuse this.

High Chief Marcos of Lupus has formed a defensive pact with the Felidae, much to some of his people's chagrin, and has had both states offer one to Oceania. If all three states join in the Soumercanic Defense Organisation, it will be possible to control outside aggression and reinforce cooperation.

---

With the Echidna nation finally established, the Mitre and his High Council - under influence from the true Diarchy - have accepted Glassurica's trade agreement, if it is still open.

Angel Island is now a leading power, with tech 10 in both categories due to the advanced Echidna technology(where do you think the ~4000 in tech credits came from?) and with 55 provinces to use to its advantage.

Top Bottom