• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
Hang on a sec. What do you mean by capital ships? Generally, these are considered to be battleships, battlecruisers, some larger heavy cruisers, and aircraft carriers. IRL, there are currently only 38 aircraft carriers in service worldwide, and 31 cruisers (all types), also worldwide. Even the Imperial Japanese Navy at the height of World War II only had 11 battleships and 21 fleet carriers. The expense to build maintain 63 capital ships, especially if they're high-end ones, in addition to the other ships, a very large conventional army, and the cost to modernize your infrastructure and industries would easily cripple your country.

They are called "capital ships" for a reason. There's a limit to how many you can have without destroying yourself.

oh crap i knew i forgot something. my definition of capital ship is something that can defend itself, and can effectively control the seas.

Aircraft carriers, Light carriers, and Destroyers all fit in there.

9 Basil class Super carriers, 2 light carriers per Super carrier, 4 Destroyers per Super Carrier. that makes 63 Capital ships.

(by the way your definition of capital ships still exists, its command ships now, i have 9 of those)

I just noticed something else, The Old Byzantine Empire controlled the strait of Gibraltar, what happens to this territory?

oh God! i forgot about it! i'm turning that over to Britain as well.

Not as long as a significant percentage of your population can speak English.

As with Hetmanate, along with aquisition of English-speaking territories in Africa. The German Republic has also voiced interest in applying. Eventhough we don't have an offical language set up (and have no interest to do so in the future).

9 Basil class Super carriers, 2 light carriers per Super carrier, 4 Destroyers per Super Carrier. that makes 63 Capital ships.

So you have 27 carriers...

Still more than what the IRL United States has, and their defence budget is like $ 607 billion. (IRL United Kingdom has six, IRL France has four)

The Hetmanate voices interest in applying to the Commonwealth, but only if Petrograd also considers. It also reiterates its offer for a non-aggression pact with the Baltic Empire.

The Commonwealth is intended to be an alliance of English-speaking democracies. India's opinion is that both countries may join - however, both must become democratic (or close enough to democratic) states before their membership can be considered.

If Petrograd is not considered "democratic" enough, then Petrograd shall have no interest in joining the Commonwealth at this juncture.

So you have 27 carriers...

Still more than what the IRL United States has, and their defence budget is like $ 607 billion. (IRL United Kingdom has six, IRL France has four)

umm.. the USA has 11 aircraft carriers and 9 light carriers...

...screw it. im scrapping all 18 of the light carriers.

If Petrograd is not considered "democratic" enough, then Petrograd shall have no interest in joining the Commonwealth at this juncture.

Yours is a self-declared authoritarian and corrupt government. India is therefore going to assume it's not a very democratic one.

We are a little late with this response but the Emperor is shocked and awed at the Marian's major attempt at imperialism. Effectively doubling the size of his country is some of the best gold producing provinces in the world.

We demand the Marian's to cede their new, imperialist territories to create a neutral NPC. As what's happened so far is totally unacceptable.

So, whenever a sovereign state makes a decision inconvenient with your agenda, it's "imperialist"? I can understand the practical threat to your military hegemony, but frankly, the whole "colonialz is evul" mantra grew old ages ago.
The Commonwealth is intended to be an alliance of English-speaking democracies.
What is "democracy"?

Edit: I would like to clarify, the Kashmiri princess was only sent along to give you the flowers, chocolate and the card, and afterwards she plans to go on a holiday in the Crimea.
While she's there, perhaps she would like to pick up a non-aggression treaty?

Quick question, do the Balearic islands count as a single claim (there administered as a single region like Hawaii in RL) or two?

I'd like an answer to this also, for places like the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Maldives, and the Union Territory of Puducherry (this last consists of four separate city-states administered as one federal-level unit).
I've based it on the political level of divisions, so unless otherwise determined, they should only cost one. Like the Canadian territories: all the islands come attached.

I just noticed something else, The Old Byzantine Empire controlled the strait of Gibraltar, what happens to this territory?
And what about Ceuta?

So, whenever a sovereign state makes a decision inconvenient with your agenda, it's "imperialist"? I can understand the practical threat to your military hegemony, but frankly, the whole "colonialz is evul" mantra grew old ages ago.

Hey, it's been like 60 years in real life and, well... :mischief:

What is "democracy"?

What is "Hetmanate"?

While she's there, perhaps she would like to pick up a non-aggression treaty?

Actually she was looking for men, but sure we'll tell her to pick up the treaty as well.

I've based it on the political level of divisions, so unless otherwise determined, they should only cost one. Like the Canadian territories: all the islands come attached.

Alright, so you could also include Qeshm and Hormuz islands (the island south of Iran in the Gulf) in my claims then? They should come with Hormozgan.

And what about Ceuta?

The United States of India will have it if no one wants it... :mischief:

We are a little late with this response but the Emperor is shocked and awed at the Marian's major attempt at imperialism. Effectively doubling the size of his country is some of the best gold producing provinces in the world.

We demand the Marian's to cede their new, imperialist territories to create a neutral NPC. As what's happened so far is totally unacceptable.

Rather than rebuke the "imperialist" rhetoric's insanity as per usual, we will just echo the words of a people who once stood against a force far larger than theirs:

"Molon labe." Come and take them.

Since a variety of English - Romance English - is the official language of the Marian Federation, we hereby request more information on the Commonwealth, as we are eager to join in our pursuit of world peace, cooperation, and security.

OOC:

Thorvald: So I take it the acquisition of the Neo Incas was totally acceptable then? :)

Back to IC:

Here, here. The point still remains: Japan was the first nation to launch a war... against its own NEIGHBORS for goodness sakes, and thus have no right to say "imperialism."

But, the line is like all rhetoric. It is akin to a mammary gland; with time and use, it grows moldy, shriveled up, and yields far less results than it used to...

OOC: To be honest, thats what gotten me to lose interest in IOT because of the whole "imperialist" and "colonialz are da evils".

Sup dawg we heard you like colonies so we put a colony in your colony so you can claim while you claim

This is getting boring again, I want a war. Who's Arabia allied with?

taillesskangaru said:
What is "Hetmanate"?
Much like the Marians, a nation of warriors. Rule is hierarchical and centralized with a military tradition probably on par with that of Prussia. It's no textbook democracy, but councils are prevalent throughout the political structure, and while the West may claim our citizens do not have as many "rights" as theirs do, we enjoy a high standard of living and are content with our lives.

Some people may call us "authoritarian", but so long as we do not attempt to deceitfully misrepresent our government, what makes us any worse than a supposedly "free" country in which the will of the people is circumvented by handfuls of lobby groups for self-serving interests?

taillesskangaru said:
Alright, so you could also include Qeshm and Hormuz islands (the island south of Iran in the Gulf) in my claims then? They should come with Hormozgan.
Whoops, I didn't think that was a separate island. T'will be accounted for.

Taniciusfox said:
Thorvald: So I take it the acquisition of the Neo Incas was totally acceptable then? :)
He gifted, you accepted. Done deal.

Pacifistani news:

To Marian: We recognize your rightful inheritance of The Andean provinces, and respectfully request that you keep to the wishes of NADTA. We acknowledge that Neo-Inca wished to remain separate from NADTA, and he did have his reasons. However, given that Marian is on slightly warmer relations with at least some of the NADTA nations, we would like to ask how Marian feels about gaining at least partial membership within NADTA, and possibly keeping to the Monroe Doctrine within your American sphere.

Additionally, we request you make no more claims on the American Continent, at least until conditions regarding your membership within the Americas is hammered out.

On that note, Pacifistan is calling for an NADTA conference to be held next month in the largest city in Pacifistan, Mexico City. Invitations have been sent to all NADTA members and observer nations, as well as the Marian president. The agenda is to deal with the two new nations in the Americas.

To Byzantium: Pacifistan does not recognize this wolf in sheep's clothing that you call "Brazilian Byzantium". You cannot just pick up stakes and drop down anywhere you want, and call yourself exactly the same thing. I don't know how the rest of NADTA feels about this, but Pacifistan will block any attempts to gain access to NADTA by Brazil until the concept and foundation (particularly your name) are changed to something else. Consider yourself lucky that we don't consider these forays into America to be an act of war.

To Byzantium: Pacifistan does not recognize this wolf in sheep's clothing that you call "Brazilian Byzantium". You cannot just pick up stakes and drop down anywhere you want, and call yourself exactly the same thing. I don't know how the rest of NADTA feels about this, but Pacifistan will block any attempts to gain access to NADTA by Brazil until the concept and foundation (particularly your name) are changed to something else. Consider yourself lucky that we don't consider these forays into America to be an act of war.

,,,Byzantium has Zero interest in the NADTA. we are still aligned with Europe. was the map updated yet?

OOC: More "ZOMG COLONIALIZM IS EVIL, IF YOU CLAM MAH LANDZ IN MAH CONE OF INFLUENCE I WILL DELCARZ WAR ON YOUZ!!!" :shake:. Sometimes, I wonder why I even bothered with this game in the first place.

OOC: More "ZOMG COLONIALIZM IS EVIL, IF YOU CLAM MAH LANDZ IN MAH CONE OF INFLUENCE I WILL DELCARZ WAR ON YOUZ!!!" :shake:. Sometimes, I wonder why I even bothered with this game in the first place.

interestingly they never said what i did was evil or something. despite being in south America, it's still a European nation, in name, culture, and origin.

Top Bottom