1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Imperium Offtopicum: The Aftermath

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Thorvald of Lym, May 28, 2011.

1. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

We will agree. I have not marked them for expansion this turn, but will next turn.

2. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Isn't that in Africa?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Claims in light green.

3. DroopyTofu

DroopyTofu Double Bass Double Bass

I'm going to be busy the next week or so, and I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to commit to this, so if I don't respond, please don't wait for me. Oh, and I've offered a temporary ceasefire to Patagonia, so if he accepts, it is endorsed by my side. For game purposes, lets just say that the NCSA government is focused on some domestic issues and needs a brief period of isolaitonism.

4. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

Petrograds claims this turn are in purple. One province. Petrograd regrets to inform that the Foreign Bureau has been affected currently by a strong strain of seasonal flu, including Foreign Minister Dmitri Noshenko homself, and thus diplomatic correspondence may be somewhat delayed.

OOC: Intenret problems may (or may not!) make my activity more sporadic. I'll still try to keep at least abreast of the situation.

5. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

OOC: I may not be as active in the next couple of weeks due to exams.

6. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Son of Huehuecoyotl

Behind the Kaetif Genome Project

While the Project went about examining Kaetif, living and dead like, and humans, likewise living or dead, to try and identify the qualities that made the Kaetif such wonderful specimens, Sombra had something else in mind. As fascinating as locating the genetic code that gave bat Kaetif better hearing or dog Kaetif better smell was, there was a particular race of Kaetif that always stuck out:

The echidna. They had nothing to do with the common echidna animal, at least at first glance, but were named for the same reason: Echidna, the mother of all monsters in Greek legend, gave her name to both for obvious reasons.

The echidna were the elites of Neo-Incan society. They numbered tens of thousands at their height, true to their elite status, but the actions of the Operarius regime ensured they were culled to but a few hundred, a precious sample that Sombra was eager to preserve.

It didn't seem there was any relation; the Kaetif echidnas always seemed to have dreadlock-like protrusions for some odd reason... it was a common joke they wore an octopus on their head, since they tended to form eight large, tentacle-like dreadlocks out of smaller ones. Their fur varied, but usually was some variation of red. Their brains seemed to develop at a faster rate than any of the other Kaetif, and furthermore, once fully developed, they tended to all be of above average intellect. Their muscles seemed to have a higher density, allowing a slim echidna to deceptively have the strength of a professional wrestler with training.

Some even had a bizzare mutation of spikes protruding from parts of their body, the fist normally but other parts applicable. Some echidna developed spikes on the chests and fists alike, earning them the name of the "Lukardna." Specimens with spiked body parts were rare, but also the most exceptional in their abilities... most of them died in Operarius' experiments.

Why did the wolf, increasingly authoritarian, care so much about this race?

Because, like his siblings, he was not what he appeared to be on the outside - echidna blood ran through his veins. The echidnas had played a key role in Operarius' experiments. Countless were sacrificed to fuel the regime's research, and what was gleaned was quickly used to create the super Kaetif - Blitz, Isabel, and Sombra himself. However, they were botched. Above-average as they were, the super race of soldiers the dictator had hoped to create never came to fruition.

The President of the Federation, Sombra de Mar, was looking through files. While he wasn't the genius Isabel was... he was quite competent and could absorb most of what he read. What little was left of Operarius' data on the echidnas was found, and he was gleefully taking it in.

"This," Sombra said as he, alone in the former dictator's laboratory, where he had grown up, filled with memories joyful and tearful, "Is my purpose. If that adipose-ridden buffoon could come sp close, with me and my 'siblings'... then I surely have the potential to finish what he started. I will protect the rights of the Kaetif everywhere..."

"I will make this nation great again, just as it was before." He paced... looking at an empty tank, where specimens would be bred...

"I will prove that the Kaetif are superior, that natural selection must take its course, that humanity must evolve or face extinction..."

And he smiled.

7. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

yo. can i still come back as Guyana or do i have the option of picking other nations like pacifistan?

8. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

It's all on the front page...

9. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

yeah too confusing. ill join as the green state that has Australia, or if that is nto avaible, ill take the Federation of the Savanna.

10. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

There's a list of player nations, a list of NPCs, a list of former player nations, and a list of microstates.

How is that confusing? There's a freakin' key.

11. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Son of Huehuecoyotl

Frankly, what the shadow controller of the Marian Federation finds confuzzling is the fact that...

..nobody seems to really be RPing. :confused:

RPing is what keeps these games interesting. But really, most are just posting orders and maybe a small diplomatic agreement here or there...

It's not like we started at the dawn of man. Granted, apocalypse, but shouldn' we all have research programs? Internal disputes? Etc. etc... something to create the many variables that makes real world geopolitics such hard work?

12. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Sherman laughs at Sombros, for humanity is awesome! We built civilizations that last throughout the ages! You are lab rejects that escaped your cages!

(There, happy? It even rhymed. :p)

13. Terrance888

The Miner's Union formed! They tried to strike... and found they have no complaints. Dissatisfied, they embargoed their Union Headquarters because they wanted a reason to strike.

14. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

Exams.

15. Mad Man

Mad Man Your lord and master

John Kerry would like to remind you that breaking the fourth wall is detrimental to Rping.:p

16. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

OOC: At the current time I will only be launching one plot against the government per turn. As such, Internal RP'ing will be fairly minimal. If you give me an option to commit atrocities on your people I will happily take them, but I'm just waiting a few years before I start my mass genocides. Besides, my nation is too small for there to be much that happens worthy of International news.

DT
    Preparing the Secret Police :shifty:

17. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

The Petrograd Minister of the Interior of the Security Compound (part of the Bureau of Internal Defense Experimentation), Gregori Livetski would like to make a statement expressing concern with the untimely demise of Ms. von Liewitz, although the information which has been gathered during her prolonged questioning procedures could perhaps prove to be of invaluable assistance to the regional security of Petrograd and its Western neighbours.

18. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

Quieter than I would have liked, but I figure enough players responded to warrant an update. Shall we say, tomorrow? I guarantee the stakes will rise considerably.

Addendum to Tani's call to action: RP-ing is about the only way nations are going to build up enough reputation to make any of the secret projects remotely attainable.

19. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

20. Terrance888

OOC: WTF!?!... Oh wait. This is what makes the game fun.

IC: Speech by !Nuntise!Mi!Kan, Leader of the Union of the Miner Workers

"This is !ing madness. We are willing to share our hard work, and they !ing decide to have some fun: by unbinding our !ing souls from our !ing bodies! If they won't !ing procecute those !ing convicts, then we will find the !ing evidence and shove it down their !ing throat.."

The crowd replied: ! yeah!

OOC: I envy you. I want to make one. Can you PM me?
    Also, ! is a click sound. Guess what it means in this context.