Iron and Blood: Requiem [Sign Ups]

Claiming the British Isles for the Commonwealth.

The Sultanate of Egypt

Name: The Sultanate of Egypt
Shorthand name: Egypt
Flag:
Spoiler :

Capital: Cairo (Star)
Major Cities: Giza (1), Luxor (2), Alexandria (3), Jerusalem (4), Mecca (5), Acre (6)
Sultan: Muhammad Ali Pasha al-Mas'ud ibn Agha
Description: The brief French invasion of Egypt led by Napoleon Bonaparte began in 1798. The expulsion of the French in 1801 by Ottoman, Mamluk, and British forces was followed by four years of anarchy in which Ottomans, Mamluks, and Albanians — who were nominally in the service of the Ottomans – wrestled for power. Out of this chaos, the commander of the Albanian regiment, Muhammad Ali Pasha al-Mas'ud ibn Agha emerged as a dominant figure and in 1805 was acknowledged by the Sultan in Istanbul as his viceroy in Egypt; the title implied subordination to the Sultan but this was in fact a polite fiction: Ottoman power in Egypt was finished and Muhammad Ali, an ambitious and able leader, was able to declare full independence from the Ottoman Empire following the Greek capture of Constantinople. Muhammad Ali subsequently seized large parts of the Ottoman Empire, including a large portion of the Levant and Hedjaz, as well as Sudan. By now, Muhammad Ali has total power over Egypt, and is currently consolidating his new Sultanate.

I'd like to point out that it is considered rude to dump your claims right next to an area which was already claimed. We're basically asking for a T1 war otherwise.
I have another plan if the GM rules that I am being a jerk and will yield to Tyo's judgement.

I know that Qin China did not consist all of what we call China today my issue is with Ailed's claim being right next to me when there is more space available.

It isn't against any rules to start next to another player. Given the world has limited space, it's bound to happen in several cases. That said, I implore both sides to come to an understanding. Keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with having a rival off the bat.

The Tsardom of Alyaska

Maps:

Spoiler :

Shorthand name: Alyaska
Capital: Novoarkhangelsk (Sitka/New Arkhangelsk)
Major Cities: Kadʹyak (Kodiak), Magadan, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Vancouver, Victoria, and Anchorage have all yet to be founded)

Government: Tsarist autocracy (Absolute Monarchy)
Sovereign: Alexander I Romanov, Tsar of Alyaska, Emperor of All the Russians (Claimant), King of Poland (Claimant), Grand Duke of Finland (Claimant)

Alexander during the Napoleonic Wars.
Legislature-Judiciary: The Governing Senate - Appointed by the Tsar, Consists of 10 members one of which is the Ober-Procurator who serves as the link between the sovereign and the Senate and acted, in Peter the Great's own words, as "the sovereign's eye"
Any dispute between the Ober-Procurator and the rest of the Senate is settled by the Tsar.

Language: Russian and English, Russian is used by the Aristocracy, however with the inclusion of much of former British Columbia into the Tsardom English has also become very common.
Religion: Alyaskan Orthodoxy - AKA the Novoarkhangelsk Patriarchate - is the Official Religion, However Protestantism is very common in the Anglo parts of the Tsardom.

History:
Alyaska had been a colony for the Russian Empire since 1779, no where near as built up as many of the other European colonies like New Spain, Virginia, or Brazil it showed promise as a colony but never much was profitable. However the Emperors still attempted to keep the Colony going beveling that one day it would pay off and be profitable for the Empire. Boy were they right... however in not the way they had originally hoped.

In the year 1812 Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of the French and King of Italy invaded the Russian Empire, having already betrayed and stripped Poland from Russia and created the Duchy of Warsaw. Napoleon decided to invade the Empire, and reaching the gates of Moscow. Alexander I was forced to retreat to Arkhangelsk, as the Russian forces slowly continued to lose battles, Alexander was forced to retreat to Russian America where he reigned as Emperor until Napoleon's final Defeat at Waterloo in 1815.

However by that time the People of Russia had a taste of liberalism, and while Alexander initially in his reign was once a supporter of Limited Liberalism, The betrayals of Napoleon as well as various plots against his life by revolutionaries after his return to Russia had shaken his faith in Liberalism. Finally in September of 1815, just three months after his return as Emperor revolutionaries forced him out of his palace, fearing for his life Alexander and his supporters retreated back to Novoarkhangelsk. Days later the Grand Russian Confederation was proclaimed.

However in the ensuing chaos Alexander and his loyalists were able to retake Kamchatka and a Majority of the Russian Far East before the Confederation was able to.

As various issues in Canada and Britain expounded Alexander pushed harder for his claims into British Columbia and the Yukon. Alexander pushed his forces into the Yukon and British Columbia and claimed the lands for his own. These lands however are mostly Anglo and are unaccustomed to Tsarist Aristocracy. While currently having nominal freedoms they are well aware that the Tsarist's clamp could come down on them at any moment, and they are unwilling to lose their liberties. Drastic liberal measures will have to be taken in regards to the Anglo Population of Alyaska if they are to remain part of the Tsardom.

My claims was due to the additional claimer to China, so I felt that it would be interesting to have more than one Chinese power with a triad of Chinese powers. I hope for peaceful relations for that the peace of the Inner Chapters will be deployed. As for cause; the White Lotus Rebellion did not get bested till later, allowing alternative powers to emerge to contest.

Overall I hope for good relations as we spread the word of the Way.

Kingdom of Prussia

Smooth map:

Spoiler :

Province map:

Spoiler :

Shorthand name: Prussia

Capital: Berlin

Major cities: Hamburg
Aachen
Hannover
Frankfurt
Konigsberg

Description: The Kingdom of Prussia differs from it's IRL counterpart in many aspects:

Unlike Prussia IRL, this Prussia isn't as industrialized because plotholes.

However, after the Napoleonic War, this Prussia was more united and it mananged to establish it's domination over northern Germany, but it failed to dominate Austria. In spite of this, Prussia is divided in duchies (which we could call provinces) that still retain a lot of autonomy towards the state.

Withdrawing. Sorry, China just got really crowded (thanks Ailed), and Im not sure I have the time.

The idea I had and Ailed approved was that the Ming Empire collapsed due to internal pressures into two states, the Qing Empire in the north and Ailed's state in the south.

Signups close Monday. Try to have all information in by then, including marked cities and capitals.

I also ask everyone to not resize their maps, just crop them. If you want to do special internal divisions, please include a blank map in your signup with just your claims as Cived has done with his signup.

Reminder that new signups close tomorrow

One more announcement.

Those with completed signups with the correct signup convention detailed in the OP by tomorrow at 6 PM EST will be given a flat bonus to starting industry. an FYI: everyone was going to start with between 15 and 30 industry, based on their signup and RNG. Someone who meets the deadline would have between 20 and 35.

Empire of Bengal

Short: Bengal
Capital: Murshidabad
Major Cities (from east to west on map): Delhi, Lucknow, Benares, Patna, Chandernagore
Government: Absolute Monarchy

Description: In 1738, Mirza Asadullah, who in our timeline would become Sarfaraz Khan, Nawab of Bengal, and a rather inactive ruler, leading to political intrigues and the ultimate downfall of Bengal, suffered a rather unfortunate and mysterious accident involving two elephants and a white parasol. Instead, when the great Shuja-ud-Din Muhammad Khan died in 1739, his other son Mirza Muhammad Taqi Khan Bahadur would take power, as a much stronger ruler. This prevented the political intrigues that would plague Bengal until its demise at the hands of the British in our timeline from ever happening. Indeed, Bengal was able to repulse the British.

Over the next several decades, Bengal remained the strong power of its region, as the Mughal Empire began rotting in on itself. This was helped by a wave of industrialization that stared in the latter half of the 18th century. As the Mughals continued to collapse, Bengal expanded, and in 1806 Delhi fell.

Top Bottom