IRS admits to singling out Tea Party Groups

Maybe there is something to all this.

From Larry Conners, Channel 4 News in St. Louis:
https://www.facebook.com/LarryConnersKMOV/posts/10151393396885544

Shortly after I did my April 2012 interview with President Obama, my wife, friends and some viewers suggested that I might need to watch out for the IRS.
I don't accept "conspiracy theories", but I do know that almost immediately after the interview, the IRS started hammering me.
At the time, I dismissed the "co-incidence", but now, I have concerns ... after revelations about the IRS targeting various groups and their members.
Originally, the IRS apologized for red-flagging conservative groups and their members if they had "Tea Party" or "patriot" in their name.
Today, there are allegations that the IRS focused on various groups and/or individuals questioning or criticizing government spending, taxes, debt or how the government is run ... any involved in limiting/expanding government, educating on the constitution and bill of rights, or social economic reform/movement.
In that April 2012 interview, I questioned President Obama on several topics: the Buffet Rule, his public remarks about the Supreme Court before the ruling on the Affordable Care Act. I also asked why he wasn't doing more to help Sen. Claire McCaskill who at that time was expected to lose. The Obama interview caught fire and got wide-spread attention because I questioned his spending.
I said some viewers expressed concern, saying they think he's "out of touch" because of his personal and family trips in the midst of our economic crisis.
The President's face clearly showed his anger; afterwards, his staff which had been so polite ... suddenly went cold.
That's to be expected, and I can deal with that just as I did with President George H. Bush's staff when he didn't like my questions.
Journalistic integrity is of the utmost importance to me. My job is to ask the hard questions, because I believe viewers have a right to be well-informed. I cannot and will not promote anyone's agenda - political or otherwise - at the expense of the reporting the truth.
What I don't like to even consider ... is that because of the Obama interview … the IRS put a target on me.
Can I prove it? At this time, no.
But it is a fact that since that April 2012 interview ... the IRS has been pressuring me.

Larry Conners has been fired.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-irs-comments_n_3324931.html?utm_hp_ref=media

Obama IRS crosses a name off their enemies' list.

Once again a corporation can't take a bogus government investigation and unloads the Tebowesque controversy.

Hopefully the government doesn't decide to investigate you and drop whatever bogus charges after you are nice and fired.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-irs-comments_n_3324931.html?utm_hp_ref=media

Once again a corporation can't take a bogus government investigation and unloads the Tebowesque controversy.

Hopefully the government doesn't decide to investigate you and drop whatever bogus charges after you are nice and fired.
Larry Connors was fired from his podunk job at a podunk TV station where hardly anybody had ever heard of him before for making clearly unprofessional remarks on his Facebook page with no apparent factual basis.

Unlike Fox News and similar propaganda outlets, real journalistic organizations have standards which do not allow such conduct without being fired for it.

G.W.Bush OBAMA !!!!! :mad:

The IRS claims Conners and his wife, Janet L. Conners, owe more than $85,000 from 2008, 2009 and 2010. Larry Conners said he has had a tax accountant prepare his statements for years and that he and his wife had paid taxes for 2008-2010, but the IRS disagreed with the Conners over some deductions. He was on a payment plan with the IRS, he said, but after the Obama interview, the IRS cancelled the plan. In September a lien was placed on their Clayton home. The IRS declined to comment.

http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/...cle_eca2b7fc-92a3-5578-b866-914639a3da6c.html

If the IRS was involved in his firing, they just gave him a massive tax-cut and approved his non-profit status. He should be grateful.

$85K is a bit more than a "few deductions". He is lucky he didn't lie about his income instead of deductions, or he would likely be in prison right now.

More info on his attempt to play Fox News pundit with the President of the United States:

KMOV hack Larry Conners has no sense of decency

So what does a nationally unknown TV reporter do when he’s given a chance to interview the President of the United States? If he’s a slug like Larry Connors of KMOV in St. Louis, he tries to take full advantage of the opportunity to promote himself. To hell with the President; to hell with reputable journalism.

Connors’ questions to the President were noticeably hostile from the outset. If you didn’t know he was a reporter for local TV station you might have thought you were listening to one of those “fair and balanced” professional demagogues at Fox Noise.

[YOUTUBE-OLD]8CookYzmUZk[/YOUTUBE-OLD]

$85K is a bit more than a "few deductions". He is lucky he didn't lie about his income instead of deductions, or he would likely be in prison right now.

More info on his attempt to play Fox News pundit with the President of the United States:

KMOV hack Larry Conners has no sense of decency

[YOUTUBE-OLD]8CookYzmUZk[/YOUTUBE-OLD]

Yes, after this interview the IRS canceled his payment plan and refused to say why. Then they put a lien on his house. Is this normal IRS behavior? Do late fees begin piling up while they deliberately keep you in tax limbo forever? How does it feel knowing you can never legally sell your house while they keep you in financial GITMO? A shame when your paid accountant makes a mistake. You still have to pay the IRS for any errors, so hire a good one!

Thanks for linking that interview :goodjob:
Now everyone can see it for themselves.

1) Jetting around. Vacations. Feel you might be out of touch?
Obama dodged the question alleges Larry Conners.

So what was he talking about? Maybe this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...used-spending-10m-public-money-vacations.html

5 Star hotels. Expensive Massages and alcohol. $50,000 a week estate.
I'd say it was a fair question to ask the President.

The impression has hardly improved with time:
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/arnold-ahlert/obama-vacations-while-economy-tanks/

I could say some unkind things about Daily Kos. Larry Connors has 27 years of reporting and 5 emmy awards for journalism.

Daily Kos is what exactly? Hack? Slug? Projecting?

I am also growing weary about people dismissing Fox News. It is real news. It is the most popular news in the USA. Calling it fake and trashing those who watch it is rather poisoning the well. I will begin linking its stories once again regardless of the barely genuine outcry.

Good luck Mr. Connors. They always assure you that reading a statement to discredit yourself might make things better, but they always terminate you afterwards.
I'd say the IRS definitely cranked on you after that interview, and they already have been proven to target groups for their beliefs. Only human to wonder how deep the rot goes.
Reporters who ask questions other than "How awesome are you?" are a dying breed.

You can sell your house - it's just that you have to have enough equity that the sales proceeds will clear the lien at closing.

We have the reporter's bluster about what went on and it seems like stuff that is easily provable (show us the agreement with the IRS and proof he was keeping the payments), but he claims he can only bluster, not prove anything. Pretty shoddy output from an Emmy winning reporter.

Yes, after this interview the IRS canceled his payment plan and refused to say why. Then they put a lien on his house.
And you know all this to be factual because someone who was just fired from his job for clearly being a partisan idiot, instead of a reporter with any sort of integrity at all, told you so?

I am also growing weary about people dismissing Fox News. It is real news. It is the most popular news in the USA. Calling it fake and trashing those who watch it is rather poisoning the well. I will begin linking its stories once again regardless of the barely genuine outcry.
It obviously isn't "real news" at all, which has been conclusively shown in this forum over and over again.

Once again, it is the "most popular news" on cable TV. Only hardly anybody watches news on cable TV. Vastly more people watch network news every single night, typically by a factor of over 10. They typically only have 2 million viewers for their most popular show, which is usually eclipsed by Sponge Bob Squarepants reruns. And their median age is over 65!

Top Bottom