Is Donald Trump Done for?

When this gets to 200 pages, can we declare the answer to be "no"?

20190411_114730-720x670.jpg

That gets posted a lot on another site where I lurk. Maddeningly true.

Anyway, let's spend our remaining four and a half pages carefully, so the answer can be "yes" instead.

He's not done for and he's not done, full stop.
Yes, as you can see 2 of them are Republicans and 2 are Democrats. How do you explain that if I was a Republican?
RINO. You're carefully leaving St. Ronald out of it.
Trump's sister retired from her judgeship to avoid a corruption prosecution based on the NYT investigation of the Trump family's tax evasion and fraud.

https://www.axios.com/trumps-sister...ces-4a208713-fefa-45fd-9add-51e7da0b374f.html
"An investigation into President Trump's sister Maryanne Trump Barry's finances came to a close upon her retirement as a federal appellate judge"

But… can't you investigate crimes committed while in office even after the person no longer holds that office?

"An investigation into President Trump's sister Maryanne Trump Barry's finances came to a close upon her retirement as a federal appellate judge"

But… can't you investigate crimes committed while in office even after the person no longer holds that office?
Apparently not. It looks like some kind of technicality related to the nature of the investigation.

The investigation was for judicial misconduct, predicated on her being a judge who was party to massive tax fraud. She's no longer a judge, hence no more investigation.

Presumably there could be a separate investigation for the tax fraud itself. And probably will be.

At some point your justice system will have to do what is done here: investigate whence and how alleged embezzlers and money-launderers manage to pay their lawyers.

How is continuing Obama's wars and stepping up the Obama bombing campaigns "better?"

For example, did you know that Trump has stepped up U.S. bombings in Somalia? Do you support this?

2018 was the year that the most bombs were dropped in Afghanistan since the war began.

Trump has stepped up drone strikes in Yemen and Somalia.

Trump also escalated the U.S. air war in Syria after announcing the withdrawal of U.S. troops.

No, I think Berzerker believed all the lies Trump told on the campaign trail about wanting to disengage us from the world militarily, and hasn't bothered to update his prior based on the now large body of evidence that Trump intends to keep our level of engagement as high or higher than it ever was.

To put it another way - I'll fall out of my chair if Berzerker comes here and says what he really supported all along was a small reduction of boots on the ground in exchange for a wider increase in aerial military engagement.

I don't think the distinction is particularly germane to the argument Berzerker has been making. He has been praising Trump for making less war in the Middle East, but Trump has been making more war in the Middle East, only through different means than his predecessor.

Besides, without knowing the objectives of any of our various current military engagements, it's hard to say what we are and are not committed to achieving through those engagements. The simple act of removing some troops is itself meaningless in determining either thing.

Trump didn't start those wars, thats why he's better. I didn't say Trump has reduced the level of our involvement in Syria or elsewhere, I praised him for planning to leave Syria (and Afghanistan, peace efforts in Korea). But not even the peace loving Democrats got onboard, so Trump said he'd leave troops in Iraq to watch Iran.

The Iraqis dont want us staying, hopefully it doesn't take another 8 years of attacks on the troops to figure out its time to go. Maybe we'll leave another tripwire on Kurdish lands so the neighbors dont get too bold, maybe Mattis resigned in support of the Kurds.

RINO. You're carefully leaving St. Ronald out of it.

Why would a RINO criticize Bush and Shrub and leave Ronnie out of it? He has Iran Contra and any number of Cold War crimes to account for, but our current woes - our 'war on terror' - stem from Bush 1 not explaining to Saddam what would happen if he invaded Kuwait.

As a result we left an army in Saudi Arabia to enforce sanctions on Iraq. Thats when we started getting attacked. The terrorists waited to see if Clinton would enter office and change policy, he didn't. So they attacked the WTC in '93. Bush got elected and he didn't change policy and 9/11 was the result.

Regarding Trump: what has been happening ever since he was elected is an infuriating tragedy, to me looking from the outside at the political strategies going on.

Trump was not, is not, a conservative by conviction. Anyone things he actually cares about stuff such as abortion either way? But he was so hounded that he turned to stacking the courts with the most conservative candidates available, as a self-preservation, preventive measure.
He got into power without allies. He need those, and he was a huge narcissist. He could have been co-opted by his opposition to making some good stuff along with the bad. Instead there was outright political war declared because the queen of the opposition, and the former king, were too afraid of him and desperate to weaken him. That too was self-preservation, for Hillary and Obama, but it defined everything that came after. They knew they had meddled with the election, illegally, using the intelligence agencies, and had to keep Trump under pressure so he couldn't investigate and get some payback. The stupid thing is that he probably wouldn't, it was rhetoric: the guy has a history of making deals happily with former adversaries.

But Trump survived politically, found allies, and those allies are the worst of the worst in Washington, the worst crooks from past administrations, who know how Washington works. Also the israeli lobby and with it the arabian lobby. He doesn't care about Israel or Saudi Arabia, but he needed their political influence networks in the US and their money. And now the Middle East is marching towards more wars. But Trump is secure. Now he can fight back, and he's probably pissed enough after the past two years that he does want to payback. And he has working for him people who can deliver on that.

This could have been avoided.
And it was bloody obvious that playing Trump the way it was done was going to end this way.

Last I heard the criminal reform was not negligible. But isn't good for anyone in particular for penis measuring, and errrrybody infatuated with their junk. Micheads, basically.

Last I heard the criminal reform was not negligible. But isn't good for anyone in particular for penis measuring, and errrrybody infatuated with their junk. Micheads, basically.

You know, I get in a mood kind of like Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes finale over this, the way the opposition reacted to Trump in the US. They helped turn a wild card into a disaster, the fools!

Why would a RINO criticize Bush and Shrub and leave Ronnie out of it? He has Iran Contra and any number of Cold War crimes to account for, but our current woes - our 'war on terror' - stem from Bush 1 not explaining to Saddam what would happen if he invaded Kuwait.

As a result we left an army in Saudi Arabia to enforce sanctions on Iraq. Thats when we started getting attacked. The terrorists waited to see if Clinton would enter office and change policy, he didn't. So they attacked the WTC in '93. Bush got elected and he didn't change policy and 9/11 was the result.
I wasn't saying that you were a RINO.
This could have been avoided. And it was bloody obvious that playing Trump the way it was done was going to end this way.
Are you seriously propounding that this is a new Donald Trump, distinct as well as different from the one that campaigned on ‘Obama is from Kenya’ with the explicit support of anti-science, anti-vaccine, pro-gun groups, the KKK, and so on?

How did Obama make the Middle East worse? He promoted a rebellion in Syria leading to a mass exodus of people. You're unaware of this? He gave the Saudis his blessing in Yemen and helped overthrow the Libyan government. As for Fentanyl, yes it should be legal. I dont want politicians making my medical decisions for me. And kids? You didn't answer my question. Are children dying from Fentanyl? No, I dont have an issue with children buying the drug. It just aint something kids would be into, its a painkiller for people in severe pain. Do you want to ban it? I dont need any shield, I depart from Republicans on so many issues you're probably closer to them than me.

This is worse then two botched Military invasions in which thousands of US died, a 1 Trillion in treasure was wasted, based on lies, corruption and criminal incompetence displayed by G.W.Bush ?
Trump is giving hes blessing to Russia to fund Libyrian Rebels launching a new civil war, Saudi Arabia arms sales and escalating war in Yenmen, I dont see you also condemning Trump in the same manner ?

No kids are dying from Fentanyl ? Thats a sidestep because we both know that the opiode epidemic is tear through Rual America like a wild fire.
Drugs arent something that kids would be into ?

Why are the Libertarians aligned with Republicans then ?
Christ most of the problems in Rual America are of your own making, Your own states disastrous tax experiment is exhibit A

A long interesting read, covering a fruit orchard, soybean farmer and piggery
The one thing is that election enthusiasm for Trump is starting to wavier with Rual Republicans, even as the Trade war is turning the screws on them. Its weird reading how desperate these Rual people are while still supporting Trumps trade wars.

It took two years for Russian Grain market to be lost for good under Carter's grain embargo. Trumps multiple trade wars are all still bubbling away

Trump’s Trade War Is Hurting Farmers, But They Still Think He Can Win It
Falling exports and shrinking incomes test support for the president’s aggressive protectionism.
At current prices, this year’s corn, wheat, and soybeans are set to yield almost $290,000 in losses, by her calculations. And that’s if nothing else goes wrong. But she hasn’t lost hope in Trump.
forbearance may not survive another year like the last.
’Im praying every night,” she says, “that we are not in the same place we are a year from now

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...-sap-spring-optimism-and-profits-on-u-s-farms

Last edited:
This is worse then two botched Military invasions in which thousands of US died, a 1 Trillion in treasure was wasted, based on lies, corruption and criminal incompetence displayed by G.W.Bush ?

I didn't say Bush was better than Obama, just that Trump is better so far.

Trump is giving hes blessing to Russia to fund Libyrian Rebels launching a new civil war, Saudi Arabia arms sales and escalating war in Yenmen, I dont see you also condemning Trump in the same manner ?

He didn't start those wars. Do you see me condemning Obama for Iraq?

No kids are dying from Fentanyl ? Thats a sidestep because we both know that the opiode epidemic is tear through Rual America like a wild fire.
Drugs arent something that kids would be into ?

Fentanyl is not something kids want to use, thats why kids are not dropping like flies from it. I dont know why you dragged them into this other than the prohibitionist's appeal to 'the children'.

Why are the Libertarians aligned with Republicans then ?
Christ most of the problems in Rual America are of your own making, Your own states disastrous tax experiment is exhibit A

This state is not run by Libertarians and you just showed you're aligned with Republicans when it comes to drugs. Its for the children...

Top Bottom