1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Donald Trump Done for?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Archbob, Aug 21, 2018.

1. abradley

abradley Chieftain

Let's see; "ISIS killed her family, Where are they now? Trump asked. They included a Jewish Holocaust survivor, a Tibetian from China and a Rohingya from Mayanmar."

Something doesn't sound kosher?
    Possible a proofreader's error.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Theres a link
    I would re-post the entire article in its full, but that wouldnt be kosher so you get a few lines from the news article to get the jist of the news article

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

Possibly a sign that without reading the article you are desperately casting about for a way to shout "fake news" and defend your dear leader.

4. abradley

abradley Chieftain

Thanks for the reply, understand the your reposting, but on the Washington Post page it sez what you and I quoted and it doesn't make sense.

That said, am not subscribed to WP so am only reading the short intro.

5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

In the room, along with the Yazidi woman, there was a holocaust survivor, a Tibetan, and a Rohingya. They were all there as representative spokespeople for refugees. And your Dingbat Dear Leader disrespected them to a point where frankly had someone of moral integrity representing the US been in the room the fat orange clown would have been on the wrong end of a well deserved beat down.

Lexicus and Cloud_Strife like this.
  6. FriendlyFire

Alzheimer's or Narcissism ?

Cloud_Strife likes this.
  7. Takhisis

Takhisis yarr

It's not even narcissism, it's just indifference.

8. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

Neither. It's just race baiting at this point. He tried to weather the storm of bad coverage and when it wouldn't go away he just leaned into it to rally his base who is mostly fine with this being a racist attack on certain people of color.

Socrates99 likes this.
  9. FriendlyFire

I never knew that women, storm denials /s
    I wonder how many Evangelicals would have voted for Trump anyways ? Given they way they all ate up Trumps obvious lies. Probably not but it would have affected the swing voters and torn away the fig leaf of credibility Trump had in regards to hes marriage
    The irony is that Trump as President has made denials of extra marital affair(s) which is what Clinton was impeached over.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  10. Cloud_Strife

Cloud_Strife Warlord

That abradley and the gop plus their base will continue to defend a man who has shown himself to be a racist, a bigot, a misogynist, a credibly accused rapist and sexual harrasser, a man with close ties to a pedophile network and a nativist, should be held against them and they should be reminded of it everyday.

Shame these people, ridicule them and ostracize them because they do not care about others or America but only of themselves.

Trump supporters and the gop are complicit and should not be given the benefit of the doubt at this point.

It is no longer enough to merely disagree with them, they should be shunned and made to feel the same way they make the rest of us feel.

And if that's a little bit too divisive for you then with due respect I ask that you consider what he is doing to this countries stability, as he is weakening it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  11. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

If by "reminded of it everyday" you mean "stuffed on cattle cars and shipped to prison camps" we are in agreement

12. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

I do wonder how much his base truly doesn't know all the things Trump has done thanks to Fox & Friends running defense versus how many know but don't care. And I would count willful ignorance here as 'not knowing'.

El_Machinae likes this.
  13. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

The red state relatives that I have will always make excuses by just regurgitating what they hear on fox.

14. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

Sure, that's almost a given. I am curious as to whether or not they know these things in the first place? I guess so if they already have canned responses.

15. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Most of them have really never thought for themselves due to a lack of ability in those realms or probably more, a lack of interest.

16. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Warlord

Idk my family members are almost all universally conservative and most of them are decently well read on the topics at hand. They just choose to only read reinforcing pieces. Hell there is a whole publishing house now based on oh pushing right wing propaganda. The interest in politics is there just not any interest in challenging their own notions.

17. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

The other half of it is that many liberals don't know the counter talking points. Like, there will be a story that seems to be crushing, but the people forwarding the story don't know why the people who don't believe it don't believe it

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  18. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

So I don't watch MSNBC but I do believe @Berzerker whenever he says that they don't invite on very conservatives or at least less than the number of progressives that Fox invites on. Bill Maher frequently chastises politicians that come on his show for not putting themselves and their ideas onto Fox and conservative radio more frequently, though this doesn't really square with Berzerker's claims. I don't watch either so I can't be sure which is true.

19. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

I can't remember which thread it was in but @Commodore and I were discussing media echo chambers with a focus primarily on social media. I pointed out that even traditional media is becoming an echo chamber but I didn't have any good examples of this. Well, here's a couple -

Buttigieg recorded an interview with a host of a country music station only to have the interview buried and not-aired by the parent company in effort to keep a liberal from reaching their audience.

Similarly, there is a conservative media company that has gobbled up a frightening share of local TV stations and it has forced those TV stations to air extremely misleading, extremely pro-GOP 'service announcements' all across the country. They currently reach 42% of households and if their buy-outs are allowed to continue, will soon reach 75% of the country. These editorial pieces are often divorced from reality and are required to be recorded and aired by local news staff in many media markets.

There used to be laws against this kind of consolidation and manipulation of the media but they have been systematically undermined by the monied class to support their own interests and we're all worse off for it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019