[LP] Leader Pass Pack 3: Rulers of China (Jan. 2023) - Patch Notes Discussion

So you when you research Classical Republic it no longer automatically takes you the Policy screen to potentially switch. You have to manually unlock it for 50 gold.... this a bug?

Civilopedia says attacking someone they previously had a Level 2+ Alliance with.

The Betrayal Emergency is also an exception where other civs can break active friendships and alliances to join the Emergency against you and immediately declare war.

Something to think about when you can usually get complacent by neutering all the other civs by keeping them locked into friendships all game.

Man, unlike everyone else apparently, I really stink at playing Yongle. Do you guys start the game with a more typical build order, or go straight for a pantheon or food buff/money?

Man, unlike everyone else apparently, I really stink at playing Yongle. Do you guys start the game with a more typical build order, or go straight for a pantheon or food buff/money?
Straight to the Faith project for the religious Settlements pantheon. Meanwhile, explore with your warrior to get huts and meet civs and city-states. Settle that second city and use it to build units while your capital switches to Gold. Use gold to buy settlers. Switch project-working cities periodically to make districts and buildings. Always have at least one city working a project at all times. Whenever you run up against the district/pop limit, run Food project in that city.

Straight to the Faith project for the religious Settlements pantheon. Meanwhile, explore with your warrior to get huts and meet civs and city-states. Settle that second city and use it to build units while your capital switches to Gold. Use gold to buy settlers. Switch project-working cities periodically to make districts and buildings. Always have at least one city working a project at all times. Whenever you run up against the district/pop limit, run Food project in that city.
Ah ok. My first game I tried rushing faith but lost Settlements anyhow. Must have been just bad luck. I took the free builder pantheon as a second prize--I don't think it was a horrible option with the extra growthy-- but it put me pretty behind.

I took the free builder pantheon as a second prize--I don't think it was a horrible option with the extra growthy
Oof you ran a project to get one of the worst Pantheons, I like the thinking but unfortunately the way the growth is calculated it doesn't give you much at all.

Not with Yongle ....
I think it depends.

You have to start on a high production Capital to increase the conversion rate, and ensure that no one else has a chance to build up their Pantheons, someone like Peter, Mansa Musa or Gitarja will most likely beat you Faith wise.

You have to be very lucky to get Religious Settlements.

Or play as Gitarja or Mansa Musa.
They almost always get it every time.

Russia maybe (depending on map).

So BTW so keen was I to play Unifier Qin against rest of China I ported legendary Firaxis map developer Bob Thomas's excellent map of China from Civ V's Scrambled Nations map pack 👉
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/scrambled-china-rf-gs-nfp-lp.30376/

Check it out!

Any Chinese civ gamers on any of these social platforms?
I know because of the great firewall of China they're like not on Twitter or anything.

I would like some feedback on terrain, etc for China, pref. from Chinese.
(I did go to school in Hong Kong as a kid but don't remember visiting mainland China).

You have to start on a high production Capital to increase the conversion rate, and ensure that no one else has a chance to build up their Pantheons, someone like Peter, Mansa Musa or Gitarja will most likely beat you Faith wise.
I don't think you need particularly high production but yes there are a handful of Civs who can beat you to it.

I wonder how much is luck based or Diff level based (or just me being terrible based). I missed again. Oh well. I'm going to try to do something else with this game. The issue ofc is that if you go fait right away, and miss the pantheon, you're just spent multipe turns doing essentially nothing.

I wonder how much is luck based or Diff level based (or just me being terrible based). I missed again. Oh well. I'm going to try to do something else with this game. The issue ofc is that if you go fait right away, and miss the pantheon, you're just spent multipe turns doing essentially nothing.
Its definitely a gamble in my games, on epic speed and deity, large map. Playing Gitarja, Peter, Mansa or now Yongle I always look for it and it amazes me how often Religious Settlements is already nabbed. So usually I plan for a terrain pantheon (tundra or desert), which also goes quick, as a backup.

I played Yongle on Deity, ran the faith project and got Religious Settlments. I play on Marathon/Huge maps. He didn't really kick in for me until the Medieval era but once he started rolling he really started rolling. He was a very fun civ to play.

Top Bottom