LK164 - CCM, AWM, Korea

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by LKendter, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

By my count, we should have just enough gold to attempt a steal when RR comes in, with the expectation of netting another ~2500 gold while we research Explosives. Agreed about stealing Steel instead of Explosives -- and about not cutting research speed again. I learned my lesson when I failed to steal Rails! :(

Agreed that we should build the rail on Greebley's straight line road. I'm not strict about "Stockholm to Moscow" -- that's just a rough guide. Actually, looking again, if we start 1NE of Malmo and rail straight N, we'll get the following hooked up "for free": Orebro, Goteborg, Visby, L'vov, Opole, Warsaw, Wroclaw, Olsztyn, and Vladivostok. That gets us to the "corner" of the mountain range. If we continue N, we'd also get Yekaterinburg, Moscow, and Novgorod -- at which point we could draw a straight line RR E all the way to Mountain River.

Planning a bit...
    Seoul to Mountain River: 7 tiles
    Mountain River (or Sariwon) to Black Dot: 4 tiles
    Black Dot to Yellow Dot: 2-3 tiles
    Black Dot to Chinje: 3 tiles
    Yellow Dot (or Seoul) to White Dot: 4 tiles

Cost: 20 tiles

Mountain River to Novgorod: 19 tiles

Spoiler Alternate path: Mountain River to Novgorod: 18 tiles :

Mountain River to Squawking Moose: 4 tiles
    Squawking Moose to Kadesh: 8 tiles
    Kadesh to St. Petersburg: 3 tiles
    St. Petersburg to Novgorod: 3 tiles

Spoiler Novgorod to Malmo: 44 tiles :

Novgorod to Moscow: 4 tiles
    Moscow to Yekaterinburg: 3 tiles* (reusing one from previous line)
    Yekaterinburg to Vladivostok: 3 tiles*
    Vladivostok to Olsztyn: 4 tiles
    Olsztyn to Wroclaw: 4 tiles*
    Wroclaw to Warsaw: 3 tiles*
    Warsaw to Opole: 4 tiles*
    Opole to L'vov: 4 tiles*
    L'vov to Visby: 6 tiles*
    Visby to Goteborg: 2 tiles*
    Goteborg to Orebro: 4 tiles
    Orebro to Malmo: 3 tiles*

Grand total: 83 tiles

Each tile takes 48 worker turns (drops to 24 when we learn Explosives).

Near the "Dot" front, we have 19 Asian Workers and 33 slave workers = 71 Worker-turns
    Near Forest Deep, we have 16 slave workers...

Combined, they give us 87 Worker-turns near the capital once those groups are merged. I'd suggest getting them into 3 one-turn rail stacks, plus 2-3 "leftover" stacks to slowly rail towards Wonsan (and other major cities)

In the Novgorod/Moscow area, we have 2 Asian Workers and 4 slave workers = 8 Worker-turns. I suggest they combine ASAP between Moscow and Novgorod and work on connecting those two cities.

Further south, we have roughly 4 groups of slave workers: 25 near Olsztyn, 15 near L'vov, 15 near Norrkoping, and 15 near-ish Malmo. I'd suggest making a 24-stack at Olsztyn, send the extra south to L'vov, then split the rest into 7- or 8-strong worker gangs until all the stacks can be united and re-shuffled into 8, 12, or 24-strong worker gangs.

2. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

ROSTER:
    Multiple civs are probably south of Seoul. Please don’t explore much that direction.
    I planned out 4 cities in the area. For now I don’t want to explore further until those 4 cities are built.

Spy targets = Germany (theocracy), Spain (theocracy), Aztec (democracy), Greece (theocracy), and Arabia (democracy). They are the 5 tech leaders. Remember, we can’t steal from republics. Spies in the other civs are a waste.

We just need to get ahead enough to build any wonder for our GA.

LKendter (on deck)
    Jersey Joe
    Elephantium
    Greebley (up)

3. LKendter

ROSTER:
    Multiple civs are probably south of Seoul. Please don’t explore much that direction.
    I planned out 4 cities in the area. For now I don’t want to explore further until those 4 cities are built.

Spy targets = Germany (theocracy), Spain (theocracy), Aztec (democracy), Greece (theocracy), and Arabia (democracy). They are the 5 tech leaders. Remember, we can’t steal from republics. Spies in the other civs are a waste.

We just need to get ahead enough to build any wonder for our GA.

LKendter (on deck)
    Jersey Joe
    Elephantium
    Greebley (up) over due for got it

4. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Didn't read through yet, but I got it.

5. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

When we have more cash I will likely go for spies in other countries. I use the fact you can see what troops an enemy has (how many speed 2 or adventurers) and where the capital is located. Plus it can avoid the house boat bug ahead of time.

For now though when we are trying to steal tech, I will hold off planting spies. The only exception might be the Mongols if it is cheap enough. I am willing to spend 50 odd gold if we can make large cities flip free by taking them out. I am assuming here we don't know where their last city is.

6. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Lee, if you have a lot of time to play this weekend then maybe we could swap. I have other stuff I need to do this weekend but am really feeling really out of it due to the second covid shot so today may be a waste.

If you are also busy I can keep the game as I think I may have some time on Monday, so I can get something done this weekend. Otherwise feel free to take it. I leave it up to you.

7. LKendter

Even with rain killing some plans, this isn't a good time for me to play either.

8. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Ok, I still got it then.

9. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

This weekend was pretty much a bust and I am still MM'ing every town for the pre-turn. I feel we have way to many clowns; I usually like to starve such towns down by running all scientist, until they can use scientists and non-negative food. The situation is worse in this game than usual due to the loss of happiness last turn and unreachable cities on the island means we are not eliminating civs. It is tempting to raise lux, but that would mean less steals, so probably not.

I will try to slip in some turns during the week. I don't expect to be done by next weekend but plan to give a status update.

10. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

Hello! It’s great to see the team still playing, and Civinator still improving the mod.

Starting with an older Windows 10 machine, and Steam, what would I need to buy/do to run CCM? I’m not asking anyone to write an essay, but is there a guide?

11. LKendter

Wow, haven't see you in ages NP. You are welcome to join the next one. It still is a while away, as we are in the time consuming phase now. Rails should be starting shortly, so it will hopefully speed up.

IIRC it was pretty easy to install. It has been ages, so I hope Civinator can show up and post the link.

12. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

Thanks. It’s just as well that the next game isn’t starting soon, since the mod has clearly changed in four years and I find a lot of WTFs in the reports—steamrollers? Hardwood? :D

13. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Northern Pike, welcome back and thank you very much for your continuing interest in CCM! :)

I run CCM2.50 on my Win 10 pc on several versions of Civ 3 Complete, among them the GOG version of Civ 3 Complete. The GOG version is on sale all few weeks for € 1,29. The next version of CCM 2.50 will use the highly innovative Flintlock patch, replacing the Antal1987 exe. The Flintlock patch is working very well with the GOG version of Civ 3 Complete. Flintlock says, that his patch will also work with the Steam version of Civ 3 Complete, but I cannot test this, as I don´t have the Steam version. At least with the Steam version your labels text file must be upgraded.

Page 1 of the CCM 2 thread holds the installation instruction and the download link at CFC:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm2-epic-mod.625812/

CCM 2.50 in about 1 1/2 years was downloaded more than 2.300 times, what - as I think - is not bad for a mod of a nearly 20 years old game. CCM 2.50 is now an expansion of the C3C mainfiles, allowing to play the mod even with the city view activated and holding nearly all files so the mod RARR can be played, too (only needing a very small additional download (13 MB), holding mainly the graphics for the different RARR techtrees and the RARR biqs).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  14. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

Great to hear from you.:beer:
    Personally, I think the game is uses close to 4 gigs of memory and 4 gigs of graphics memory.
    Elephantium switched to a win 10 machine early on in this game and posted about how he solve some of the glitches he ran into installing CCM2.50.

15. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

16. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

Many thanks for the useful guidance, gentlemen. It looks as though I should download the game from GOG to simplify the process a bit.

17. tjs282

tjs282 Stone(cold)fish

There's another good reason to get the GOG version: to be able to take advantage of @Flintlock's recent patch-work! See this thread:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/sub-bug-fix-and-other-adventures-in-exe-modding.666881/

Sub-bug fixed, AI Army-usage fixed, Science Age fixed, AI land-bombardment-unit routines improved, lots of other cool stuff as well...

I am increasingly strongly inclined to replace my current GamersGate installation (which is unfortunately incompatible) with my GOG version, just so I can use this patch.

18. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

19. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Played 4 turns so far. I hope to have time tomorrow too but not sure yet.

Here is a teaser from this turn:
    LK164_AD1917.png

20. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Civinator,
    Something seems wrong with the Spanish city defenses. They are not using their 8-8-1 units to defend their cities, instead they have Pikes. The first city might have been a quirk but here is an image of the city being defended with a Pike, with an 8/8 just outside. Is "Spanish Infantry WW1" missing a 'defender' flag or something like that?

Edit: The next city did have 2 8/8/1 Defenders, but that might be because the city didn't have any Pike.
    LK164_AD1918.png

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021