Members Photos XXI: That's one really big member!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sadly, I do. I wasn't doing any favours by brushing it aside here, but yeah, oh well. Darn hair.
Honest recommendation coming from someone with even less hair, don't wear the top flat down to enhance the perceived density, it often just makes folk look more subordinant. Wear it more fully out/up. I got the most positive public-space attention when I have my even thinner top of hair more up, and that's coming from the undergrad gals like 21 y/o's. Whatever hair volume and cut you have, wear the style in the most authentic, owning it, honest way.

"God only made a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair."

Trying to hide a receding hairline only draws attention to it.

I have a friend I've known since high school, and even then he was clearly starting to go bald (he's also extremely short too, poor fellow) and was completely in denial about it until a few months ago. I mean he is literally in his early twenties and in the latest facebook pic I saw of him he barely had any hair on his sides.

I mean his baldness was ridiculously noticeable, I used to sometimes tease him by comparing in I'm to Shakespeare because frankly he kind of looked like balding Shakespeare sans the facial hair. His attempts to deny and conceal it only made it more noticeable, indeed.

I kind of feel bad for him, actually. He's actually very extroverted (why he hung out with a bunch of mostly introverts in high school I have no idea) and good at communicating and talking with people. If he were tall and not bald he would've definitely been one of those types girls would've really liked, but alas, he's really short and really bald.

Sometimes it's better just to take the plunge and clip your hair right down. If you're going to be bald, it may as well be voluntary.

Yeah, If I were balding I would immediately remove all the other hair on the top of my head too. I find balding hairstyles to be very ugly, better to have no hair at all.

And it isn't so bad really. I once went completely bald 6 years ago even all of my hair is now back and doesn't show any signs of balding.

Mouthwash said:
Why do you live in such horrible rundown towns? I recall seeing Bedouin villages that are in better shape than the above.
There's nothing wrong with the place. All you'd need to do to spruce it up is paint the fronts and have a road crew go through. Going by what I can see, there probably wasn't even a smell.

Me in Long Island City to work with our Communist Master Mechanic to replace my power steering pump.

uploadfromtaptalk1395409402931.jpg

The joys of 40°F nighttime car repair.

uploadfromtaptalk1395409444199.jpg

On the topic of baldness, i knew a chap who was balding at age 17.

!

Hm, well many people (of young age) can get pretty miserable (or worse) due to hair-related issues. In the end it is not really warranted, and misery will only make it worse cause the body will be less healthy and thus negative effects will appear all-around (including in hair, which sometimes can thin-out merely due to psychological issues, and then return to the previous state).

For example my own hair looks quite good now, but when i was depressed it was also in a worse state. Besides, in my age ( :old: ) if one does not have an entire area with no hair, he is pretty much seen as having cis( :mischief: )-fullheadofhair :S

@RT: You're infront of my bike shop. There's no commie mechanic on that block. ESSPLAIN URSLF!

Had I ridden my bike this morning we could have gotten some coffee - I ride through there every morning, usually around 8:30. :coffee:

Oh, now I see that it's late afternoon in the pic. Nevermind. I don't drink coffee after 11am :old:

just a 5 minute walk from my place ;)

and really close to the new beer garden (which is mostly filled with d-bags, but it's big enough it usually doesn't matter)

I really want to grow my hair again like backthen, but the side part of my hair is decreasing, not yet bald but it getting a little bit deep. I worry if I grow my hair it will make the hair fall even more. I wonder if it can grow normal again so I can grow my hair till my shoulder like I used to.

On the topic of balding, once my father realized it was futile to resist (which was hard for him, so I'm surprised he finally came to accept it - when he was my age much of his uber-sexy appeal (so people have told me) was due to his lusciously awesome hair) he decided to indeed just shave it all off. Now he manages to somehow look much, much younger because he shaved all that hair off. I mean there are people who think he's just reached 40 or so (I.e. reaonsanly old enough to be my brother), and he can still sort of be the suave guy he was with folks above 30 or so. Actually he'd probably look even younger if he didn't keep a bit of the beard he has right now.

So yeah if you're going bald, just shave it all off.

I started going bald by the time I was 20. Now I shave whatever hair I still have very short. Anything else just looks messy.

@RT: You're infront of my bike shop. There's no commie mechanic on that block. ESSPLAIN URSLF!

Had I ridden my bike this morning we could have gotten some coffee - I ride through there every morning, usually around 8:30. :coffee:

Oh, now I see that it's late afternoon in the pic. Nevermind. I don't drink coffee after 11am :old:

:lol:

I took the train to LIC, got a ride to Astoria, where we worked on the car in the mechanic's driveway. Yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom