Moar Units Mod

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

can you put detailed instruction how to apply mods? im confused regarding other folders ( Art and Data )with .xml contents aside from other folders you mention that just need to overwrite existing game folder files...

There's no need to do any overwriting of core game files any more! The installation instruction from the opening post are accurate:

1. Unzip the zip file.
2. The MOAR_Units directory should be copied into your Mods folder (.../Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods/).
3. Enable enable Moar Units! via the checkbox under Additional Content.

You might want to mention to ignore the installation instructions in the video in the OP.

Upon further investigation, I've managed to use MOAR Units with YNAMP, as long as you don't use any of the YNAMP rulesets. ("Standard" ruleset only). About 100 turns in now. Thanks for this mod, I enjoy all the new unit options. I turned the combat animations back on, amazing you have been able to get good results, and nice looking units, just by re-assembling existing parts.

I`ve been playing as England. Dying to try out the longbowman with the fresh new symbol for the first time.
While playing on a slow speed (2x slower then normal with tech nerfs). I rarely got to use them as upgrading my archers to longbowman costs more then 400 gold.
While i`m waiting to get the 50% discount on the mercenary civic. I feel i can`t really put them to use much as another 100 turns pass by from unlocking the unit to getting to make us of them.
Unless i`m building them from the ground up which does not work with my main plan very well of using slingers/archers for my main early defence.
It might be just a balance issue for the main game. I know this mod does not alter things from the main game, just adding things to it.
Just stating my experiences with the game thats all. Since even the crossbowman does not use any resources. Making the price less steep will make sure i can use the unit and plan around it.

Played America and when I upgraded my swordsmen, they where still in the production list together with minutemen...

Played America and when I upgraded my swordsmen, they where still in the production list together with minutemen...

same here. I could still produce archers while i had longbowman (crossbowman equivalent). I could also produce battering rams while i could build siege towers.
So outdated units still stick around.

Not quite sure atm about the vanilla rules because I only played modded lately, but isn't that intended, because the Minutemen require niter? So you can still train melee units, even if you don't have access to that resource?

same here. I could still produce archers while i had longbowman (crossbowman equivalent). I could also produce battering rams while i could build siege towers.
So outdated units still stick around.

Battering Ram + Siege Tower is intended, since they fulfill different roles.

edit: Oh and the price for upgrading the archers seems reasonable, since production cost and therefore upgrade prices scale with gamespeed.

Last edited:
Are you possibly looking for any assistance as to ideas for units? By which I mean complete historical, strategic, tactical and so on analysis as well as ideas which units to merge into new one?
I can't code for horsehockye, but would like to help your work any way I can, bcs you are making this game much more what it should be.

Which update version does Civ6 need to have to run this ? currently have 1.0.0.38. and i can not see the icons anywhere. even with a fresh new game.
using other mods tho . any idea's ?

Deliverator; I was going to start my foray into modding today. Basically i was going to try to start on civ-specific unit artstyles. I know the game is already set up this way, but i wanted to make it a bit more specific and have the basic setup worked out in preparation for when we can make our own models. I was wondering if you noticed how possible this is.

For instance, I know there is a cultural artstyle called "North African" that seems to be tailored to Egypt. Can I juat copy this, and create a new one (Egyptian) while still maintaining the "North African" one or is there something keeping me from doing this?

EDIT: on a side-note. Couldnt you make the American minuteman unit out of both the ranger and musketman bodies with tri-corner hats from the redcoat?

Just letting you know that I've released an extension mod for Moar Units called Hooves and Holy War which requires the Viking Scenario DLC. Thanks to @janboruta for producing the new icons. Try it out and see what you think!

Also released is Even Moar Units: The Aztecs. Enjoy!

Last edited:
New icons are not shown in leader selection but they are there in loading screen and in-game

Only wrote it for those who are in panic that something is wrong like I was :)

Which update version does Civ6 need to have to run this ? currently have 1.0.0.38. and i can not see the icons anywhere. even with a fresh new game.
using other mods tho . any idea's ?
I think you need the Winter patch (1.0.0.56) for the newer versions to work correctly, i.e. all of the versions where you don't need to overwrite any of the core game files anymore. Not sure about the icons though.

I think you need ̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶a̶̶t̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶(̶1̶̶.̶̶0̶̶.̶̶0̶̶.̶̶5̶̶6̶) a legal copy of the game for the newer versions to work correctly, i.e. all of the versions where you don't need to overwrite any of the core game files anymore. Not sure about the icons though.

Fixed it for you. :)

Top Bottom