Moar Units Mod

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

Hi, I found what's may be a bug, when I build a Heavy chariot, and I discover the technology to build Gendarmes (French UU), the unit in building queue remain a Heavy chariot (instead of becoming a Gendarme), I don't know if it happen with other units of your mod too

Is the winter patch already available for Macs?

Yes, it is.

Hi, I found what's may be a bug, when I build a Heavy chariot, and I discover the technology to build Gendarmes (French UU), the unit in building queue remain a Heavy chariot (instead of becoming a Gendarme), I don't know if it happen with other units of your mod too

Do you have the required strategic resource (iron) available?
Units in your production queue only get updated, when you fulfill the new requirements.

The new icons are not showing? any idea why?

They only show up *after* the Leader selection screen not on it due to current modding limitations. Have you looked beyond that?

They only show up *after* the Leader selection screen not on it due to current modding limitations. Have you looked beyond that?
The icons dont show up in game.t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶c̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶a̶z̶t̶e̶c̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ (just checked, they do) but it works fine for hooves and holy war.

Last edited:
The icons dont show up in game.t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶c̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶a̶z̶t̶e̶c̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ (just checked, they do) but it works fine for hooves and holy war.

Weird. Do you definitely have the latest version of Moar Units installed (0.62)? Any other mods installed and active? What icon do you actually see for the Cuirassier unit for example?

Weird. Do you definitely have the latest version of Moar Units installed (0.62)? Any other mods installed and active? What icon do you actually see for the Cuirassier unit for example?
I have the latest version.

Attachments

• sadfdsafg drt.png
    sadfdsafg drt.png
    961.4 KB · Views: 144
  • explorer_2017-01-17_10-35-16.png
    explorer_2017-01-17_10-35-16.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 111
I`ve been playing as England. Dying to try out the longbowman with the fresh new symbol for the first time.
While playing on a slow speed (2x slower then normal with tech nerfs). I rarely got to use them as upgrading my archers to longbowman costs more then 400 gold.
While i`m waiting to get the 50% discount on the mercenary civic. I feel i can`t really put them to use much as another 100 turns pass by from unlocking the unit to getting to make us of them.
Unless i`m building them from the ground up which does not work with my main plan very well of using slingers/archers for my main early defence.
It might be just a balance issue for the main game. I know this mod does not alter things from the main game, just adding things to it.
Just stating my experiences with the game thats all. Since even the crossbowman does not use any resources. Making the price less steep will make sure i can use the unit and plan around it.

The Longbowman has exactly the same cost and requirements as the vanilla Crossbowman so you'd have the same issues there.

Are you possibly looking for any assistance as to ideas for units? By which I mean complete historical, strategic, tactical and so on analysis as well as ideas which units to merge into new one?

Any gameplay feedback is welcome! Like a lot of modders I get hardly any time to actually play the game so I'm always glad to get player feedback. :)

Even Moar Units: Poland is mostly done but there are no specific plans after that.

Deliverator; I was going to start my foray into modding today. Basically i was going to try to start on civ-specific unit artstyles. I know the game is already set up this way, but i wanted to make it a bit more specific and have the basic setup worked out in preparation for when we can make our own models. I was wondering if you noticed how possible this is.

For instance, I know there is a cultural artstyle called "North African" that seems to be tailored to Egypt. Can I juat copy this, and create a new one (Egyptian) while still maintaining the "North African" one or is there something keeping me from doing this?

Creating new Cultures would be possible. You'd need to get your head around Cultures.artdef and understand how this works with Units.artdef, Units_Great_People.artdef and Unit_Bins.artdef (the model elements that make up a unit) to create the cultural variations. Cultures are also used in CityGenerators.artdef and Landmarks.artdef. XMLMarker is useful for exploring the artdef files.

EDIT: on a side-note. Couldnt you make the American minuteman unit out of both the ranger and musketman bodies with tri-corner hats from the redcoat?

This would be possible but I prefer the Minuteman as it is. I'm using the Ranger bodies for the Armatolos unit.

No. i created a new game and b-lined for ballistics

Do you not see any of the icons anywhere? If you look in the Civilopedia and you don't see the new icons for any new unit then I'm pretty sure you have an old copy of MOAR_Units_Icons.xml. Did you remove the old MOAR_Units folder when you installed the new one or did you overwrite the current one?

Do you not see any of the icons anywhere? If you look in the Civilopedia and you don't see the new icons for any new unit then I'm pretty sure you have an old copy of MOAR_Units_Icons.xml. Did you remove the old MOAR_Units folder when you installed the new one or did you overwrite the current one?
yeah I overwrote the old file

Yes, it is.

Do you have the required strategic resource (iron) available?
Units in your production queue only get updated, when you fulfill the new requirements.

Yes I had iron, and it still don't update the unit (I could update my Heavy chariot with gold once it's done)

Yes I had iron, and it still don't update the unit (I could update my Heavy chariot with gold once it's done)

Weird, can you still produce new Heavy Chariots? Because some other people also reported that the old units types are still available for them, even though they've researched the upgrade.
In my own game I'm playing atm, I'm using Hooves and Holy War, where the Heavy Chariot gets upgraded by the Cataphract which I just researched, and for me the Heavy Chariot is gone now. I haven't had any in my production queues though..

Maybe I just never noticed this before, but don't the new units have set portraits in their units panel, so that it always shows the portrait of the last unit that was selected before? I've noticed this with the Cho-Ko-Nu, but if that's the case for all units, would it be possible to give them the portraits of their respective standard vanilla unit?
So that the Cho-Ko-Nu uses the portrait of the vanilla Crossbowman for example?
That would be nice! :)

Maybe I just never noticed this before, but don't the new units have set portraits in their units panel, so that it always shows the portrait of the last unit that was selected before? I've noticed this with the Cho-Ko-Nu, but if that's the case for all units, would it be possible to give them the portraits of their respective standard vanilla unit?
So that the Cho-Ko-Nu uses the portrait of the vanilla Crossbowman for example?
That would be nice! :)

I've updated the ethnic variation portraits (e.g. ICON_ETHNICITY_ASIAN_UNIT_CHOKONU_PORTRAIT) for all new units which I think will resolve this - will release sometime soon. Units with the EURO ethnicity should have a vaguely appropriate portrait already - it's just the other ethnicities that will get random portraits.

I've updated the ethnic variation portraits (e.g. ICON_ETHNICITY_ASIAN_UNIT_CHOKONU_PORTRAIT) for all new units which I think will resolve this - will release sometime soon. Units with the EURO ethnicity should have a vaguely appropriate portrait already - it's just the other ethnicities that will get random portraits.

Great, thanks!
And there is one more thing concerning China I just can't figure out:

No matter what I try, I cannot build the Shigong!
Military Training has been researched for a long time now, I even built camps + barracks in several cities just to be sure, but the option to build this unit won't appear:

I already checked the xml to find any clues, but everthing seems to be alright. No obsolete tech, barracks are the only required building...

Hm.. could it be that NumSupported somehow isn't working for barracks?

No matter what I try, I cannot build the Shigong!

Could this be broken by another mod you are running? I've playtested using Moar Units on its own and it worked OK for me...

Could this be broken by another mod you are running? I've playtested using Moar Units on its own and it worked OK for me...

Tried all kinds of different mod settings and ended up with only having the official DLCs + MOAR (+MOAR Aztecs & HaHW) active, but still no Shigong for me!
I can see it in the Civic and the Civilopedia, it just won't appear in the production list.

The Shigong never gets obsolete and there isn't anything like a mod cache like in Civ5 anymore, right?

Top Bottom