Moar Units Mod

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

How would I go about disabling some these units? I want to keep it balanced and only add a single new unit to each civ. Thanks for any help.

You can edit the XML in MOAR_Units_Data.xml to remove any units you don't want.

Hi Deliverator,

First off, i'm a huge fan of the mod. I've been running it in multiplayer games with my friends and war is a blast. Great job!

Second, I was curious if you had any plans to expand the mod to custom civilizations. Sukitract's Siam and JFD and Janboratu's Mali are quite popular among multiplayer modders and I wondering if you had any Moar Units planned for these custom civs.

First off, i'm a huge fan of the mod. I've been running it in multiplayer games with my friends and war is a blast. Great job!

Thanks. A lot of MP people seem to prefer to use the Moar Units Core Only option because they're concerned about balance. So it's cool that the full mod is getting used too.

Second, I was curious if you had any plans to expand the mod to custom civilizations. Sukitract's Siam and JFD and Janboratu's Mali are quite popular among multiplayer modders and I wondering if you had any Moar Units planned for these custom civs.

I'm not planning to create additional UUs for custom Civs. After creating the 3 additional units for America, England and Norway, I'm planning to add a few more generic units to fill some gaps and then I'll probably focus solely on the art side, perhaps contributing occasional custom Unit art for custom Civs like I did with the Swiss Guard for JFD's Papal States. Perhaps someone else will pick up the Moar Units baton and run with it!

Wow I really hope you add more generic units to fill the gap in the modern atomic and information era because the gaps are horrible. Their are so many unique aspects of history that need to be completed and fixed.

upload_2017-6-1_10-3-31.png
upload_2017-6-1_10-3-45.png
upload_2017-6-1_10-4-3.png
upload_2017-6-1_10-4-15.png
upload_2017-6-1_10-4-36.png
upload_2017-6-1_10-4-53.png
upload_2017-6-1_10-5-7.png
upload_2017-6-1_10-5-24.png

This was one of the most complete unit sets in CIV V however even then I personally feel that their is missing gaps. For example the difference between a jet fighter and a stealth fighter. Also more unit classes ould be added more then this. That would add multiple combat elements to the game. I mean that is the point to spice up all the combat and technological elements of the late game to give it flavor.
This MOD for CIV 5 was one of the most complete late games I have ever played. If only I could create 3D models like you do -_-. You are extremely talented.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=783095747
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-fully-upgraded-version-of-superpower.600101/

I've decided the new UUs for America, England and Norway are going to be:

America - AH-64 Apache Helicopter
England - Ironside
Norway - Gothi (Support Unit)

The AH-64 would be amazing but a UI ehhh. The AH-64 is fielded by over ten different countries. It is hardy a UI for America. The only real UI units realistically are the F-22 raptor and the B-2 stealth bomber. Sadly America already has the P-51 ingame.

@chrisgatt7
The only real glaring gap that I see based on the current tech tree is the jump from Pikemen to AT Crew. I can't really see adding too many more intermediary units until the tech tree gets fleshed out more, otherwise the upgrade chain is just too crowded (I already had to rearrange techs/pre-req's to give the Longswordsman & Rifleman some breathing room).

As far as the Apache, I'm very happy to see Deliverator chose that as an American UU (I suggested the Cobra, but this is just as good). Considering that America was the first to utilize a dedicated attack helicopter in combat and continues to do so more than any other nation makes the choice apropos.

The tech tree is crowed because the late game tree is so small ... the tech tree needs to be stretched out by at least 15-20 more techs from the industrial era to the information if not more ...

That's why I said
I can't really see adding too many more intermediary units until the tech tree gets fleshed out more
You could make the argument that all eras could use significantly more techs, but until that happens there's no reason to crowd the upgrade chain with more units. Honestly, I rather enjoy the more limited tech tree and upgrade chains at the moment with the most glaring gaps being aptly filled by Deliverator. I finally tired of my personal Civ III mods where I often had upwards of 100+ techs and a dozen flavored units in one upgrade chain.

Last edited:
That's why I said

You could make the argument that all eras could use significantly more techs, but until that happens there's no reason to crowd the upgrade chain with more units. Honestly, I rather enjoy the more limited tech tree and upgrade chains at the moment with the most glaring gaps being aptly filled by Deliverator. I finally tired of my Civ III mods where I often had upwards of 100+ techs and a dozen flavored units in an one upgrade chain.

Personell preference I guess lol. Ill take a hundred techs and even more units lol

Could you by any chance merge all the dlc modules and the base mod into a single mod and offer it alongside what's currently available? (For example: MOAR Units All In One)

I feel like as more and more dlc's are released the amount of MOAR Units modules is starting to bloat my mod list and it's only going to get worse.

It's not really a huge deal I suppose, but it would be nice.

Could you by any chance merge all the dlc modules and the base mod into a single mod and offer it alongside what's currently available? (For example: MOAR Units All In One)
I feel like as more and more dlc's are released the amount of MOAR Units modules is starting to bloat my mod list and it's only going to get worse.
It's not really a huge deal I suppose, but it would be nice.

The problem is that not everyone has all the DLC. Some will have none, some one or two. On Steam you can subscribe to the whole collection quite easily.

I get that it pads the mod list but there aren't likely to be any more Even Moar Units mods anyway.

@Deliverator

That's why I said
...and offer it alongside what's currently available?

I don't know how much work it actually is to merge all of your work into a single mod, but if it's like 5-10 minutes it would be nice to have the option of having it all in one place for those of us who own all the dlc. If it's something that might take hours then obviously it's not worth it.

Either way though, thanks for the amazing mod, it does so much to make the civs each feel more unique!

PS: are you going to make MOAR Units modules for the 2 new upcoming DLCs? I was just wondering since you said there likely won't be any more MOAR Units mods.

Rifleman Info

Musketman now upgrades to Rifleman and Rifleman upgrades to Infantry.

Cuirassier Info

Knight now upgrades to Cuirassier and Cuirassier upgrades to Tank.

Unique Unit Info

Minuteman (America)

American unique Industrial era unit that replaces Musketman. Slightly stronger than Musketman, and gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting in or adjacent to its home territory. Also gains additional +5 is fighting in Forest or Jungle.

Camel Archer (Arabia)

Arabian unique Classical era unit. Gains additional +8 Combat Strength when fighting on Desert or Plains.

Ghazi (Arabia)
Arabian unique melee unit that replaces the Swordsman. +5 [ICON_Strength] Combat Strength when opponent is another religion. Yields 50% of defeated units' Combat Strength as Faith on combat victory. Converts captured cities to player's religion. May be purchased with Faith.

Landsknecht (Germany)

German unique Medieval era unit that replaces Pikeman. Half the cost of Pikeman but must be purchased with gold.

Tiger I (Germany)
German unique Tank replacement that has +5 Combat Strength when attacking.

Hetairos (Greece)

Greek unique cavalry unit that replaces Horseman. Uses Heavy Cavalry promotion tree. Slightly stronger than Horseman, and gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting outside home territory.

Armatolos (Greece)
Greek unique melee unit that replaces Rifleman. +5 Combat Strength on Hills and ignores Hills movement penalty.

Phalanx (Sumeria)

Sumerian unique Ancient era unit that replaces the Spearman. The Phalanx is available with the discovery of the Mining technology. +8 Combat Strength if fighting within 8 tiles of a Ziggurat improvement.

Sickle Swordsman (Sumeria)

Sumerian unique melee unit. +5 Combat Strength versus damaged units.

Cho-ko-nu (China)

Chinese unique Medieval era ranged unit that replaces Crossbowman. Slightly less strong than the Crossbowman, but can attack twice per turn.

Shigong (China)
Chinese unique support unit available with the Military Training Civic. Adjacent Melee, Cavalry, Anti-Cavalry and Ranged units get +5 Combat Strength and earn more experience. May build 1 Shigong unit per each Barracks building.

Jinete (Spain)

Spanish unique ranged unit that replaces Horseman. Yields 50% of defeated units' Combat Strength as Faith on combat victory if fighting on same continent as capital.

Tercio (Spain)

Spanish unique Renaissance era anti-cavalry unit.

Eques (Rome)

Roman unique cavalry unit that replaces Horseman. +5 Combat Strength when fighting next to Legion or Warrior unit. Yields 33% of defeated units' as Gold on combat victory.

Onager (Rome)

Roman unique siege unit. Stronger than the Catapult it replaces.

Druzhina Cavalry (Russia)

Russian unique cavalry unit that replaces Horseman. +5 Combat Strength versus damaged units and +4 Combat Strength against Melee units.

T-34 (Russia)

Russian unique Tank replacement that costs less to build and less maintenance. +5 Combat Strength in or adjacent to own territory.

Hirdman (Norway)

Norweigian unique Classical era unit that replaces Swordsman. +5 Combat Strength and yields 50% of defeated units' Combat Strength as Culture on combat victory if fighting on same continent as capital.

Mughal Sowar (India)

Indian unique Medieval era heavy cavalry unit that replaces Knight. Ignores terrain costs. Heals +15 per turn when on or adjacent to a Stepwell improvement.

Sepoy (India)

Indian unique melee unit that replaces the Rifleman. Fights at full Combat Strength when damaged.

Longbowman (England)

English unique Medieval era ranged unit that replaces the Crossbowman. +4 Combat Strength against Melee and Cavalry units with a further +4 Combat Strength if adjacent to another Longbowman unit.

Sohei (Japan)

Japanese unique unit available with the Feudalism Civic. Can be purchased with Faith. +10 Combat Strength when defending.

Yamato (Japan)
Japanese unique naval ranged unit. Stronger than the Battleship it replaces.

Amazon Scout (Scythia)

Scythian unique Ancient era recon unit that is stronger than the regular Scout.

Amazon Cavalry (Scythia)

Scythian unique Medieval era heavy cavalry unit that replaces Knight. +1 movement over Knight and can attack twice per turn.

Bandeirante (Brazil)

Brazilian unique Renaissance era recon unit that replaces the Ranger. Available earlier than the Ranger at Gunpowder. Can build forts. Yields 25% of defeated units' combat strength as Gold and 25% of defeated units' combat strength as Culture.

Fatherland Volunteer (Brazil)

Brazilian unique Industrial era melee unit that replaces the Rifleman. Cheaper than the Rifleman and costs less maintenance.

Hyksos Bowman (Egypt)

Egyptian unique ranged unit that it stronger than the Archer it replaces.

Tessarakonteres (Egypt)

Egyptian unique naval ranged unit. Stronger than the Quadrireme it replaces and has range 2 instead of 1.

Gendarme (France)

French unique Medieval era heavy cavalry unit that replaces Knight. +5 Combat Strength when attacking.

Marine (France)

French unique melee unit that replaces Musketman. +5 Combat Strength on foreign continents. Amphibious - no attack penalty when attacking from sea or across rivers.

Medicine Man (Kongo)
Kongolese unique support unit replacing Medic but available earlier with the Mysticism Civic. Heals units plus adjacent Melee, Cavalry, Anti-Cavalry and Ranged units yield 50% of defeated units' Combat Strength as Faith on combat victory. May be purchased with Faith.

Garde Republicaine (Kongo)
Kongolese unique Information era melee unit that replaces Mechanized Infantry. +10 Combat Strength when attacking or defending districts.

would be awesome have this mod in different languages. I can support you with the spanish location. Here you have your units descriptions in spanish. Tell me if you need more traductions.

Fusilero Info

Mosquetero ahora se mejora a Fusilero y Fusilero se mejora a Infantería.

Cuirassier Info

Caballero ahora se mejora a Cuirassier y Cuirassier se mejora a Tanque.

Unidades únicas Info

Minuteman (América)

Unidad exclusiva de América de la edad industrial que remplaza al mosquete. Ligeramente mas fuerte que el mosquete, y gana +5 a la fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo cuando lucha adyacente o dentro a su propio territorio. También gana +5 adicional si lucha en bosque o jungla.

Arquero en camello (Arabia)
Unidad exclusiva de Arabia de la edad clásica. Gana +8 de fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo cuando lucha en desierto o llanura.

Ghazi (Arabia)
Unidad exclusiva de Arabia que reemplaza al soldado con espada. Gana +5 de fuerza a distancia cuando lucha contra oponentes que siguen otra religión. Gana un 50% de la fuerza de combate de la unidad vencida en combate como fe. Convierte las ciudades capturadas a tu religión. Puede comprarse con fe.

Landsknecht (Alemania)

Unidad exclusiva de Alemania de la edad medieval que reemplaza al piquero. Cuesta la mitad que el piquero pero debe ser comprado con oro.

Tiger I (Alemania)
Unidad exclusiva de Alemania que reemplaza al tanque. Gana +5 de fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo cuando ataca.

Hetairos (Grecia)

Unidad de caballería exclusiva de Grecia que reemplaza al jinete. Usa la rama de ascensos de la caballería pesada. Ligeramente mas fuerte que el jinete, y gana +5 a la fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo cuando lucha fuera de su territorio.

Armatolos (Grecia)
Unidad exclusiva de Grecia que reemplaza al fusilero. Gana +5 de fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo al combatir en colinas e ignora la penalización de movimiento en colinas.

Phalanx (Sumeria)

Unidad exclusiva de Sumeria de la antigüedad que reemplaza al lancero. El Phalanx esta disponible tras descubrir la minería. Gana +8 de fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo al combatir a 8 o menos casillas de un Ziggurat.

Guerrero con hoz (Sumeria)

Unidad exclusiva de Sumeria. Gana +5 de fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo al combatir contra unidades dañadas.

Cho-ko-nu (China)

Unidad exclusiva de China de la edad medieval que reemplaza al ballestero. Ligeramente peor que el ballestero pero puede atacar dos veces por turno.

Shigong (China)
Unidad de soporte exclusiva de China disponible tras desbloquear entrenamiento militar. Unidades adyacentes de combate cuerpo a cuerpo, caballería, anticaballería y a distancia ganan +5 a su fuerza de combate y ganan mas experiencia. Se puede construir 1 Shigong por cada barracon construido.

Jinete Español(España)

Unidad exclusiva de España que reemplaza al jinete común. Gana un 50% de la fuerza de combate de la unidad vencida en combate como fe si lucha en el mismo continente que su capital.

Tercio (España)

Unidad anticaballería exclusiva de España del renacimiento.

Equite (Roma)

Unidad de caballería exclusiva de Roma que reemplaza al jinete. Gana +5 de fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo al combatir junto a una unidad de legión o un guerrero. Gana un 50% de la fuerza de combate de la unidad vencida en combate como oro.

Mangonel (Roma)

Unidad de asedio exclusiva de Roma que reemplaza a la catapulta. Mas fuerte que la catapulta.

Caballería Druzhina (Rusia)

Unidad exclusiva de Rusia que reemplaza al jinete. Gana +5 de fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo al combatir contra unidades heridas y +4 de fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo al combatir contra unidades cuerpo a cuerpo.

T-34 (Rusia)

Unidad exclusiva de Rusia que reemplaza al tanque. Cuesta menos de construir y de mantener. Gana +5 a la fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo cuando lucha adyacente o dentro a su propio territorio.

Hirdman (Noruega)

Unidad exclusiva de Noruega de la edad clásica que reemplaza al guerrero con espada. +5 a la fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo y gana un 50% de la fuerza de combate de la unidad vencida en combate como cultura si lucha en el mismo continente que su capital.

Mughal Sowar (India)
Unidad de caballería pesada exclusiva de India que reemplaza al caballero. Ignora penalizaciones de movimiento por terreno. Se cura +15 por turno al estar al lado de un pozo escalonado.

Sepoy (India)
Unidad exclusiva de India que reemplaza al fusilero
. Lucha con su fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo completa incluso dañado.

Arquero de arco largo (Inglaterra)
Unidad a distancia exclusiva de Inglaterra que reemplaza al ballestero
. Gana +4 a la fuerza a distancia contra unidades cuerpo a cuerpo y de caballería y +4 adicionales si esta junto a otro arquero de arco largo.

Sohei (Japón)

Unidad exclusiva de Japón que se desbloquea junto al feudalismo. Se puede comprar con fe. Gana +10 a la fuerza de combate al defender.

Yamato (Japón)
Unidad exclusiva de Japón que reemplaza al Acorazado. Fas fuerte que el acorazado.

Exploradora amazona (Escitia)
Unidad exclusiva de Escitia de la edad antigüa que reemplaza al explorador. Mas fuerte que el explorador.

Amazon Cavalry (Escitia)
Unidad de caballería pesada exclusiva de Escitia de la edad medieval que reemplaza al caballero. +1 de movimiento mas que el caballero y puede atacar dos veces por turno.

Bandeirante (Brasil)
Unidad exclusiva de Brasil del renacimiento que reemplaza al ranger. Disponible antes que el ranger, al descubrir la pólvora. Puede construir fuertes. Gana un 25% de la fuerza de combate de la unidad vencida en combate como cultura y un 25% de la fuerza de combate de la unidad vencida en combate como oro.

Voluntario por la patria (Brasil)
Unidad exclusiva de Brasil de la edad industrial que reemplaza al fusilero. Tiene un menor coste de reclutamiento y mantenimiento.

Arquero Hyksos (Egipto)
Unidad exclusiva de Egipto que reemplaza al arquero. Mas fuerte que el arquero.

Tessarakonteres (Egipto)
Unidad naval a distancia exclusiva de Egipto que reemplaza al cuatrirreme. mas fuerte que el cuatrirreme y con un rango de 2 en vez de 1.

Gendarme (Francia)
Unidad de caballería pesada exclusiva de Francia medieval que reemplaza al caballero. Gana +5 a la fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo cuando ataca.

Marine (Francia)
Unidad de combate cuerpo a cuerpo exclusiva de Francia que reemplaza al mosquetero. Gana +5 a la fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo cuando combate en un continente diferente. Anfibia - sin nacionalización por atacar desde el mar o ríos.

Chaman (Kongo)
Unidad de soporte exclusiva del Kongo que reemplaza al medico pero disponible antes al investigar misticismo. Cura unidades y hace que las unidades adyacentes de cuerpo a cuerpo, caballería, anticaballería, y a distancia ganen el 50% de la fuerza de combate de la unidad vencida en combate como fe. Puede ser comprado con fe.

Guardia republicana(Kongo)
Unidad exclusiva del Kongo de la era de la información que reemplaza a la infantería mecanizada. Gana +5 a la fuerza cuerpo a cuerpo cuando ataca o defiende un distrito.

Top Bottom